DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Spring Comic having trouble?

HeartsOfWar

Is Anyone else aware of the problems Read Eagle Entertainment is having? I paid a single 40.00 USD subscription for all the issues about 8 business days ago, and I still haven't received the first issue.

I sent this inquiry e-mail:

To whom it may concern:

I recently paid a single subscription price of 40.00 USDs for the New Spring comic. since it has been 7 business days and I haven't received any issues, I'm starting to wonder. Please use the below information to give me a status report of my order.

Order Number: ########

Date Ordered: Saturday 20 May, 2006

Thanks

In return, I get this:

Dear New Spring Subscriber:

We hope that you have enjoyed our past issues of Robert Jordan's New Spring comic series. However, we have some important news to share with you concerning the future availability of this publication. As you may know, Red Eagle Entertainment is the publisher of New Spring, and is responsible for the printing and distribution of each issue.

The actual production of the New Spring comic series has been overseen by Dabel Brothers Production (DB Pro), who is responsible for the preparation of each issue, along with a team of independent artists, writers and colorists that they hire, supervise and manage.

From the beginning, New Spring has been beset by a series of production setbacks. Despite repeated efforts by DB Pro to manage these problems, the production delays have continued unabated and Red Eagle did not receive Issue No. 6 when due. Moreover, all availability targets for the remaining issues in the New Spring series have been missed. In addition, there have been major changes in the creative team over the past months, causing increased effort to maintain a consistent and quality look for the series.

As the publisher of New Spring, we sincerely apologize for all of these past delays. Red Eagle has been acutely sensitive to all of the concerns voiced by our direct subscribers, as well as by our retail customers, local comic shops and Diamond Comics, our U.S. distributor for New Spring.

We agree that these accumulated delays have become unacceptable. However, our contract for the publication of New Spring does not give Red Eagle the right to complete the New Spring series on its own or in tandem with another production partner. Moreover, our repeated efforts to reach a meaningful solution with DB Pro have been unsuccessful, as have our discussions with a representative of Robert Jordan.

With no reasonable alternative available, and after considerable reflection, Red Eagle is reluctantly announcing it will cease the publication of New Spring. While the cancellation of this comic series is a major disappointment for Red Eagle, our real concern is for the many fans around the world that will be deprived of the experience of reading the final installments of the New Spring story.

We truly regret that we do not have the means to provide you with the final episodes of the New Spring comic. However, we promise you that Red Eagle will continue to vigorously explore any alternatives that will allow the company to complete the series in the soonest timeframe possible. If these efforts should prove unsuccessful, Red Eagle will announce a refund policy for any of its subscribers who have paid in advance for issues of New Spring that they did not receive.

Although future events are outside of our control, we remain open to any change in circumstances that may one day permit Red Eagle to complete the New Spring comic at the standards of quality and punctuality that fans of the series deserve.

We thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Red Eagle Entertainment

The problem is that I haven't received any issues... and I'm out 40.00 USDs. What is going on?

Archived