DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who would you hope to see on the horizon...

trakand_01

In each of these scenarios?

1. You're a lone woman, travelling through Randland, and are beset by vagabonds who have slightly untoward intentions. You've nothing but a belt-knife and that breaks pretty rapidly. Who would you most like to see galloping over the horizon to your rescue?

2. You're a ruler, you've just succeeded your parent and most of the council think you're still wet behind the ears. Who would you be most happy to hear has just come into town to see you?

3. You're an accepted, you're hating it. You only made one friend and they didnt pass the test so you're alone. You want to find a friendly AS to cry with but the only ones you can find are Yukiri, Saerin and Pevara, and they seem to be somewhat preoccupied. Which AS would you most like to bump into by surprise?

4. You're a Two Rivers child. You can shoot a bow, throw a slingshot and you're not bad with herbs, but you're not sure what you want to do with your life. You could really do with speaking to some reliable, honest and trustworthy people from all walks of life. Who would you most value the opinion of?

Guest Dreadlord

1) I'd like Halima to turn up because it would appear that i was in the same situation as her, and she could help me deal with it.

2) Moiraine. She is the best manipulator out of all the Aes Sedai and all the Cairheinin, because she is both. She might as well have written the smallprint in the Great Game rulebook, and I'd probably learn more from her than even Thom Merrilin.

1. Depends on whether this is pre- or post-Galad sighting.  ;)

2. Padan Fain.  We'd deal with that council all right.

3. Galina.  No shortage of "friends" there, plus guaranteed admission into the Super Secret Aes Sedai Club.

4. Tam al'Thor.  He seems to be the most reliable, honest, and trustworthy person in the Two Rivers who has a clue what the outside world is like.

1. Mat, mainly because he's the one character I'd like to meet. That is, if the books came to life. He's got the best personality, he's funny in a subtle way, and he generally tries to enjoy life while taking his responsibilities seriously. My kind of man!

2. Thom, assuming I knew him before (assuming you mean me to put myself in Elayne's shoes). I'm not sure I'd trust his advice if just met him.

3. Verin. She's kind enough when she's not preoccupied with her project.

4. Tam al'Thor - he seems most experienced out of all the Two Rivers folk we know.

1. Lan there is no one as loyal that would give his life more than he.

2. I would say Lini because she would help but if you do something foolish she wouldn't be afraid to tell you how it is.

3. Lelaine or Verin just because they have shown more sympathy than any other Aes Sedai that I can think of.

4. Tam al Thor is definitely the best choice in this thread because of your wording, but if he's not available, I would choose Master Luhann or Bran al Vere.

Excellent topic you are very good with these!

Questions seemed a bit geared towards women but i will answer anyway.

1. Galad- A number of good options here but i see him charging on the brigands and pounding them pretty quickly.

2. Thom- No question here

3. Verin or Anaiya- Sheriam perhaps due to the impressive bosom to cry on.

4. Tam

1. You're a lone woman, travelling through Randland, and are beset by vagabonds who have slightly untoward intentions. You've nothing but a belt-knife and that breaks pretty rapidly. Who would you most like to see galloping over the horizon to your rescue?
I'm a lone woman? That took me by surprise. Who would I most like to see galloping to my rescue? The Light Brigade. After all, if they were willing to ride "into the valley of death", I hardly think a few vagabonds would trouble them unduly.

2. You're a ruler, you've just succeeded your parent and most of the council think you're still wet behind the ears. Who would you be most happy to hear has just come into town to see you?
Someone very supportive of me, and with a lot of firepower at their back. The Light Brigade again, possibly.

3. You're an accepted, you're hating it. You only made one friend and they didn't pass the test so you're alone. You want to find a friendly AS to cry with but the only ones you can find are Yukiri, Saerin and Pevara, and they seem to be somewhat preoccupied. Which AS would you most like to bump into by surprise?
Well, not the Light Brigade this time. Alright, I'm young, probably single, trapped in a Tower full of single women, forced to share quarters with young, single women, why do I feel like crying? Who would I like to bump into? Someone pretty and easily seduced, especially by someone young, good looking and upset. Well, wouldn't you?

4. You're a Two Rivers child. You can shoot a bow, throw a slingshot and you're not bad with herbs, but you're not sure what you want to do with your life. You could really do with speaking to some reliable, honest and trustworthy people from all walks of life. Who would you most value the opinion of?
Someone with great experience of life, preferably including life outside the TR. Gaul, perhaps. "Wetlanders are strange". Maybe he won't be the most helpful...

Sheriam perhaps due to the impressive bosom to cry on.
I like your style.

Chuck + Blender = Priceless.  :D

1) Probably Lan, for the same reasons presented above.

2) Do I have any siblings?  Nothing like sibling rivalry to solidify your claim to a throne!  If that fail's I'd like to see Moiraine.

3) Alvairin - I'm hoping the pillow talk will reveal the identities and whereabouts of all the Black Sisters.  I just cant wait to see what's on that list!

4) To be honest, I think it'd be neat to ask what the world looks like through say, a Mydraal's eyes.  Or maybe even one of the forsaken.  Otherwise, I think I'd be limiting myself in scope.  Oh yeah, 'Hey Mr Fade, what's it like freezing your enemies with your stare alone?  What do kid's taste like?  Do you scare your horse on accident too?'  Heheh, good times, good times.  :o

Chuck Norris for every answer!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
Chuck Norris is Aes Sedai?!?! He cries?!?! Anyway, I think the Light Brigade are more badass than Chuck Norris.

Half a league half a league

Half a league onward

All in the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred:

'Forward the Light Brigade

Charge for the guns' he said

Into the valley of Death

Rode the six hundred.

"Forward, the Light Brigade!"

Was there a man dismay'd?

Not tho' the soldier knew

Some one had blunder'd: