DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Verin must also have well terangreal

GGES

Verin must have a terangreal similar to that used by Cadsune and Nynaeve it is the only way to explain how she could delve the Ogier inside the steading where channeling shouldn't be possible in book 2 and know he was an empty shell, yet there has been no other reference to her having such an object.

I don't know if I'm recalling correctly or not, but someone asked RJ about this, and he replied that in an upcoming book we would find out more about it.  Then in WH, when Perrin and Tallanvor do their Faile/Morgase vigil right after the kidnapping, Perrin wakes up in Berelain's tent and she says that Annoura said he was as cold as if he'd lost his soul or something to that extent.  I forget the exact words.  I think that given the obvious problems with Trayal, Verin could deduce that he was not merely of a low body temperature but also without a soul.  However, that depends on whether I'm recalling all this correctly.

I don't recall that, but I recall RJ mentioning something about Verin not having used the Power in that instance, but she could tell from just the physical evidence that the Ogier was empty. That's why I asked my question above.

Guest Dreadlord

I read that part just recently, and I think Verin could sense that the Ogier had no soul just by touching. Its like Logain and Siuan, they dont use the Power to identify Ta'veren, they can just see the aura around them. Some channeler abilities dont always involve the Power it seems. But aside from that I wouldnt be surprised if she did have a Well but that isnt what she used in the stedding that time

No, Hybrid has the right of it. The sensation of a person who has lost his soul is something easily recognisable by touch alone--anyone who knows what the 'coldness' signifies would have know that Trayal had lost his soul. It doesn't even require being able to channel--Berelain states that she felt it herself, and proceeds to describe the sense of coldness.

Archived