DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

THE CURSE OF ANUBIS Part II - MAFIA

Talya

A group of archaeologists and have just discovered a tomb believed to belong to the Pharaoh Arkenaten. The tomb is intact; no gravediggers had found this remote tomb. You realise that this needs to be preserved properly for the Cairo museum, who had funded your expedition. You decide to go back to Cairo to get the people and equipment that you require. As you are about to leave you notice two matching amulets over the entombed Pharaoh. Underneath it is written that these amulets provide the ultimate power to wearer, but a curse is attached to for any that may try to take them out of the tomb. Not wanting to disturb them, you all decided to leave it all to be catalogued properly and turn to leave the tomb.

As you reach the doorway, a gush of wind rushes in through the doorway, knocking you all over. In the process torches are knocked from your hands and go out. For a few moments you are all in panic until eventually someone finds a torch and turns it on. One by one you all stand and regain your composure. As you switch on your torch you see that the two amulets are missing.

You call for everyone to turn out their packs and be searched, and one by one the packs and people are searched, but to no avail. Then your spine tingles as though there was something else present in the chamber. You decide to leave as soon as possible.

You all make your way to the outer chamber and as you make your way to the entrance a huge stone falls in place, blocking your way. No matter how hard you all try the stone will not budge. Then you get that feeling again, there is some other presence in the chamber with you all.

An apparition appears, it resembles an Egyptian Pharaoh, maybe even Akhenaten himself. Your torches seemed shine right through it. You can feel the fear of your colleagues around you, which increases as the apparition speaks.

Two of you have stolen the Amulets of Annubis. They are most powerful, combined they can kill a man, but they have not been used for thousands of years, their power is very week, but the more they are used the more powerful they will become, eventually entire armies could be destroyed.

For a moment you are confused, everyone was checked thoroughly and no one had them on him or her. As though reading your mind the apparition spoke again.

Once the Amulets are worn they become invisible, only the wearer can see it. But to be allowed to take them out into the world they must first destroy the rest of you. The amulets together can kill one person in 24-hour time frame. Their power will be destroyed if both bearers are killed. No one can leave this chamber until the either those with them, kill you all first, or you get them. To help you I will provide amulets to some of you to help in this quest. Each day cycle you must choose to lynch someone and the night the amulets will be powered enough to kill one person. Who ever wins may walk free of this tomb.

With that the apparition disappeared.

You all stand there in shocked silence, these are people you have known for quite a while You can’t believe anyone would want these powerful amulets, but realise there are two of you that do.

The other Amulets are…

Amulet of Isis – This is the Finder (they view one person per night)

Amulet of Horus – The Healer (if choses the name of the person bening nightkilled, prevents the kill)

Amulet of Khepri – Has the ability to bring someone back from the dead. (which needs to be done soon after the person is dead. However no details of the persons role will be given out until a pm has been recieved by this person on whether they want to do this). This can only be used once, If stolen that person can use it once too.

Amulet of Sekhmet – This person is the symp (they know who the Mafia are and will dod anything to stop them from being lynched. However the Mafia do not know who they are.

Amulet of Seth – This person is a thief. During the night phase they can chose to a name and if that person has an amulet then they get that role. However this role will be chosen randomly each night, and you can refuse to use it.

PM’s have been sent, Please reply to the pm before posting, so that I know you have understood it.

RULES

1. No discussing the game outside this thread with anyone, unless your PM tells that you can.

2. There will be NO editing of posts Akhenaten will get anger and may destroy the one that does.

3. No quoting of PM’s in the thread.

4. If you are going to be LOA please PM the Mod, failure to do so and absence from the game may anger Arkhenaten also and fire bolts will reign down on you.

5. Any questions should be directed to the Mod, and not on the thread. If the mod decides it something that everyone needs to know then it will be posted here.

6. You will have fun!

This is a basic Mafia game with a free twists. To help the roles I have mentioned above are the only ones. The role of Thief will change every night and the next thief will be chosen at random. They will be able to nominate a person during the night phasr on who they will try to steal off. When the morning comes they may find they have an amulet or nothing.

DAY PHASE

This is when everyone votes for someone to be lynched. They will need to be a majority vote for there to be a lynch. You may change you vote during the day. All votes to [glow=red,2,300]Glowed in Red[/glow]. If there is not a majority then there no one will be lynched.

NIGHT PHASE

This is when those with roles will be able to PM me their choice.

Please note that there will be a gap between the death (whether by lynch or night kill) and the coroners report on that person. that will give the person with the amulet of Khepriv the chance to bring that person if desired.

The Mafia win when they equal or are more than the innocents, the symp doesn't count in the numbers steak...in this they count as innocents, however they will be a winner if the mafia win.

Let the Voting commence! :D

Players

1. Tayol Died Mafia (Night 1)

2. Eclipse N/K finder (night 1)

3. TMD lynched symp (day 1)

4. Demi

5. el Nyn Innocent thief (night 3)

6. Gerr Innocent Knifed day 2

7. Dae Innocent night killed night 2

8. Elgee Mafia (night 3)

9. Kara

10.Roka

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*ponders on taking over again*

Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen!

... no wait, that's not right

Instead of a dark queen, you would have a Lord! Terrible as the Sea! Stronger then the foundation of the Earth! All girls shall fall at my feet and lick my toes...

... OK, let's try again

INSTEAD OF A QUEEN, YOU WOULD HAVE A DARK LORD! TERRIBLE AS THE SEA! STRONGER THEN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH! ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR! *now I shudder a little as if caught by an orgasm* mmmmm.

OK, what's this then? You start up a new game and conveniently leave me out? My feelings are hurt. I don't remember ever saying I wont play, why didn't I get a pm? *twaps the mod* You can edit if it's under 4 minutes and noone posted during those 4 minutes, agreed? Or if not, I do want a reason why, you never gave one *nods*

Yes, I get it, I could change what I wrote if I had new data, but my point has always been, there is no new data if you edit in the few minutes it takes DM to re-load the post and no one posted any new data for you to base any change on.

Anyway, game on, I bet it's [glow=red,2,300]Tayol[/glow] again *nods*

You could write something down and when you go back to it realise it could incriminate you or put you in a bad light and change it. I think the majourity of people would change things such as grammer or spelling, but when people have been off for a few hours and come back on, thy have no idea whether what was changed was innocent or not. So to make things fair, to all it is good practice not to edit posts. I hope this makes it clearer. It doesn't suggest you would do that but if you could change you post, if someone quoted you post and then later you changed it, ti can make the quote wrong.

If you have any other question please ask

:)

apparently, we don't even know how many mob guys there are, or even if they are all guys, they may be crossdressers in that party I hear tell... Which is why I'm voting [glow=red,2,300]Tayol[/glow], because he wears dresses *nods*

Aaand, you heard it first on AKOR radio!

Eclipse (1): Dae

Demi (1): TMD

TMD (1): el Nyn

Tayol (1): Roka

Roka (1):Tayol

10 players it takes 6 votes to Lynch.

Oh TMD, thee of little faith, did you think I would just put him there and not move a few things around...tut tut tut.

Archived