DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Naming Day! ...Forgive Me...? (Rion)

Jocelyn

"If you had any idea what kind of thoughts you are provoking in my mind, you may think otherwise." Rion flushed deeper at the words, he had some small idea of what Jocelyn was suggesting and it made his ears flush. Light why was it so easy for Jocelyn to say a few simple words and make him blush deeper and deeper.

"Don't worry my love, one day soon enough I shall enlighten you and teach you all I know." Rion couldn't help smiling sheepishly, beginning to realise what 'lessons' Jocelyn was hinting to. Some day Rion would be willing to learn that particular lesson. The day he could call Jocelyn his wife.

The simply thought brough a bright and genuine smiled to his face. He knew he would love to marry Jocelyn, knew that he would be overjoyed to spend the rest of his life with Jocelyn. All he would need to do was muster the courage to ask her and to see if she would like to as well.

"Well now, it's your naming day, and you still have a free afternoon...how would you like to spend it? The day is yours, and I am at your service." Rion smiled at once, an idea coming to mind that he knew both he and Jocelyn would enjoy.

"Here come with me, I have an idea." Rion reluctantly moved his hand from Jocelyn's thigh and began to rise. He caught her hand and began to lead her from the house, a bright smile on his face.

Lacing his fingers with Jocelyn's Rion was to excited to stop and take Jocelyn's arm, though simply holding her hand was more than enough for him. He led her towards the stables, careful not to tell here where they were heading until it was impossible for her not to realize it.

"I thought today was a good day to go on a ride, and it's always better with someone else." And to himself Rion knew Jocelyn would enjoy the activity and the chance to see her horse again. And with him near no one would think she was trying to leave.

He stopped in doorway to the stable and turned to her. "Is that alright with you?" Rion smiled, hoping though he was almost sure, that Jocelyn would acompany him. Better and better.

Rion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Here come with me, I have an idea."Jocelyn couldn't help but wonder with a smile what Rion had in mind as he tugged her to her feet, leading her from the house. She enjoyed the warmth of his hand, his fingers laced intimately between her own, as she trailed a little behind him, letting him lead the way. She was grinning broadly, something she herself hadn't done in quite some time either. Not that she'd had much reason to, until now. But this was the old Rion again, the one she had come to know and love, the one that made her smile like no one else. The one who brightened her day with a simple look, who made what was her imprisonment a joy. And he was hers. Her heart sang with joy as she followed blindly, not knowing where Rion was taking her, but content so long as she was with him.

Jocelyn's steps slowed somewhat as she realised where Rion was taking her - to the stables. She had not been there in months, but she couldn't help feel excited about seeing her mount, Alitha. She sure hoped she was being taken care of properly. "I thought today was a good day to go on a ride, and it's always better with someone else." She dropped her jaw, unable to help it. He was taking her riding? Did that mean he trusted her completely?

"Is that alright with you?"Jocelyn studied Rion's smiling face, her eyes dancing with delight, looking for a hint of distrust. She couldn't find any, causing her to grin broadly as she stepped closer to Rion and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tight. "You are so good to me, it's no wonder I love you so." She murmured, standing on her toes to kiss him firmly on the lips before excitedly entering the stables, this time Rion in tow.

She wasted no time in approaching the stall where Alitha was kept, softly speaking to the animal, grinning when the horse turned it's head towards her, as though in welcome. Jocelyn checked her over with a critical eye, pleased to see that someone at least had taken care of her. Stepping close she affectionately rubbed Alitha's neck, continuing to speak softly, before humming under her breath as she set about saddling her mount. "You poor dear, you haven't been able to exercise properly in so long." She crooned as she tightened the straps, slipping back into to song absently.

Turning, she gave a start to see Rion standing by the stall watching her, eliciting a somewhat sheepish grin from Jocelyn. He was holding the reins to his mount, obviously amused with how long Jocelyn had been taking. "I've missed her." She murmured shyly, blushing somewhat as she led Alitha from the stall, following Rion out into the sunlight.

Taking Rion's hand that was offered to help her, she smiled up at him, gazing lovingly into his eyes. "Thankyou again." She said softly, unable to resist rewarding his endearing smile with another soft kiss, before allowing Rion to help her into the saddle. Wriggling around, Jocelyn adjusted her position, though there was little to be done about the skirts riding up about her knees, given that they weren't divided for riding. Still, she cared little, she was far more excited to be able to ride again.

Sitting tall in the saddle, Jocelyn smiled over at Rion. "Lead the way, my love." She said, eyes bright with happiness. Could things get any better? She hardly thought so, though images of marriage again flitted into her mind. Perhaps it could just get better.

Jocelyn

• 2 weeks later...

Rion's stomach fluttered as Jocelyn kissed him, an exuberant feeling rising inside of him as his one gift of repayment for Jocelyn worked wonderfully. He turned grinning like an idiot to one of the horses that everyone in the Tower was able to use. Rion had begun to regret not bringing one of his own horses from home, he had been in too much of a hurry.

Rion saddled the horse hurriedly and turned back to watch as Jocelyn finished saddeling Alitha. He watched her movements, not helping admiring how she moved and a pleased smile on his face as she talked with Alitha, obviosuly happy to see her again. He felt a little less selfish about having an entire day to himself.

"Thankyou again." Rion smiled sheepishly as he helped Jocelyn into the saddle, blushing lightly at how much leg was exposed with her sitting on the horse. He hadn't thought that she wasn't exactly dressed for riding. It seemed almost strange to still be blushing like he was around Jocelyn, but he doubted it would ever stop.

Rion turned and swung himself into the saddle, guiding his horse closer to Jocelyn. "Lead the way, my love." Rion smiled, both at the word love and becuase simply looking at Jocelyn was enough to make him smile.

"Follow me." Rion turned his horse and kciked it into a slow trot towards the edge of the Farm, towards a sparsly treed area of the outskirts. He slowed once more as tehy came nearer, to a walk to make sure the horses did not trip on anything.

Rion fell back next to Jocelyn, noting the smile on her face. "I thought you would like this. My first little thank you for today, though I cant deny I'm not enjoying myself as well."

Rion

Jocelyn couldn't wipe the contented smile from her face as she followed Rion. The day was beautiful, the sun still shining above the trees, a light breeze making stray tendrils of hair dance about her face. She breathed deeply, thrilled to be out in the open, high above the ground on her mare. Alitha had a definite spring in her step, no doubt thrilled to be out also.

"I thought you would like this. My first little thank you for today, though I cant deny I'm not enjoying myself as well." Jocelyn turned her head to smile at Rion, grateful that he had even considered spending some of his special day on an activity that she loved. She shook her head slightly with a smile. "You don't have to thank me, you have given me so much already. Just seeing you smile again is enough." She replied, somewhat sheepishly.

"Though if you really want to thank me, I'm sure I can come up with something suitable for the both of us..." She grinned wickedly, eyeing Rion sideways and revelling in the blush that stained his cheeks when he finally grasped her meaning. Light, but she had missed teasing him. Her grin broadened. Some day soon she would tease him no longer...she would show him just what she alluded to. The mere imagining of his blush was almost enough to make her chuckle. Someday, but not yet. For once in her life, she wanted to do things right. She would somehow keep her hands from exploring that cute butt of his, until she could truly make him hers, until she could call him husband. Assuming he would marry her, of course.

She chewed her lip thoughtfully. Just how did a woman convince a man to marry her, without asking? This was certainly not something she had any knowledge of, she had never been in this position before. Light, she had never even thought she would marry someday, let alone actually finding she really wanted to. She smiled. Waking up next to Rion every morning, fallin asleep in his arms, carrying his child...light, where had that thought come from? She chuckled to herself. As foreign as the thought might be, the image of a little boy like Rion was far too irresistable to ignore. Someday.

Jocelyn turned her head, to see Rion looking at her curiously, no doubt from her soft laughter. She blushed, wondering just what he would think if he knew where her thoughts had led. Had he ever thought about marriage, children? Would he? With her? Somehow she determined to find out...just how, was the problem.

~Jocelyn

• 2 weeks later...

A small blush crept onto Rion's cheeks. To Jocelyn just seeing him smile was enough but Rion didn't beleive it was enough. He would pay her back somehow. He would try and figure out how. "Though if you really want to thank me, I'm sure I can come up with something suitable for the both of us..." Rion furrowed his brow wondering what she could man. The both of them?

Well, there was this he was sure enjoying himself and he knew so was Jocelyn. But if she had meant this, she would have said it wouldn't she. Rion bit his lip as he tried to figure it out. When it finally hit him what she meant his cheeks flared and his eyes widened to the width of teacups. She had teased him like this, with this exact same allusion, but everytime he was caught off gaurd.

Rion rode along, trying to get the image his imagination had made when his mind had conneced the dots. He blushed even more furiously and reluctantly pushed the thought away. He shouldn't be thinking about things like that, they weren't married after all, they hadn't even spoke of anything that would make Rion think that was even possible.

A small laughter from beside him made Rion look over to Jocelyn with a curious look not really sure what was so amusing. She hadn't been looking at him so the usually culprit, the redness of his cheeks, wasn't likely the reason. She blushed, making Rion wonder again what could be reason. That didn't happen often, it was usually him that was looking like that.

Rion twitched the reins to the side and let his horse take a step nearer to Jocelyn's. "Something funny my love? I hope your not laughing at me." Rion said with a small smile, his inherent curiosity taking over. He didn't have a clue as to what Jocelyn found funny, so he couldn't help but ask.

Rion

Jocelyn looked over to Rion, suddenly closer to her side than before, smiling when he called her his love. Nothing sounded quite so wonderful as that, though what he was asking made her blush all the more. What would he think if he knew her thoughts? She had no idea, but the idea of telling him was terrifying. Just thinking it was strange enough.

Hurriedly she shook her head, wanting to reassure him. "No no, I am not laughing at you." She smiled at him, forcing the blush away. "Just an...amusing thought, is all." She gave him a teasing wink. "No doubt if I share all my thoughts with you, you will never stop blushing." She chuckled throatily, hoping the statement had distracted him sufficiently, lest he probe deeper for her true thoughts. She hadn't lied as such, just evaded the question. She didn't think it was the time to share such images, not when everything was still so new and fragile between them. Besides, his answering blush when he gathered her possible meaning was prize in itself.

Jocelyn determined to push the distracting thoughts from her mind, for the moment at least. She would turn them over again later, at night when she was alone in bed and unable to sleep. Only then would she aknowledge just what they meant. But try as she might, she could not remove the image of a young boy, with blue eyes and brown hair, and that inherent intelligence in his face, just like Rion. Jocelyn had never particularly liked children, never having time for them, but the picture was hard to shake, and was so very enticing. What would it be like?

Casting her eyes back over to Rion's handsome profile, she smiled affectionately at him, some of her own curiosity bubbling forth. "Tell me Rion, what were you like as a child?" She asked casually, hoping he didn't somehow link the question to her wayward thoughts. "I suddenly find myself wondering just what kind of boy you were, to grow into the wonderful man you are now." She smiled again, enjoying herself immensely, forgetting all of her earlier worries in the ease of their banter, the sound of hooves, and the warm sunshine filtering through the leaves of the trees shading them. Once more the image of a young Rion danced into her vision, his nose buried in a book as he sat in the shade of one of the trees, alone but for the world in his book and the sounds of nature. She could handle a child like that, she thought.

Jocelyn

The question caught Rion off gaurd somewhat, though the compliment made him blush slightly. Jocelyn askng about his childhood was unexpected to be sure. But Rion had never been able to understand Jocelyn or why she did things, so perhaps it would alwaus be best to expect the unexpected with her. Rion doubted he would ever understand Jocelyn and he had no intention of trying.

So Rion took a few moments before he spoke, trying to collect his thoughts and walk through his memories. It proved a rather boring trip in the end. Rion had never lived a life of exact excitement. "Ummm...Not really that much different than now really. I mean, I had a rather sheltered childhood."

Rion rode with a small nostalgic smile as he remmebered his life on the manor. His first books. A monkish sort of life where his friends were his books and tutors and he was sheltered from the rest of the world. It had led to a rather large culture shock when he had arrived at the Tower, he had started to grow up fast.

"I was quiter then, shyer." Rion smiled sheepily glancing at Jocelyn from the corner of his eye. "A lot more innocent. I spent most of my time with my books and teachers, never really got out of the manor much. I was always to wide eyed and breathless with strangers to ever really meet them in real life so I tended to day dream a lot." Rion smiled a small smile as he looked at Jocelyn. One of his day dreams had come true at least. And the one he had thought the least likeliest.

"I doubt it was even near as interesting as yours. The story of my life tends to be a boring one." It may seem to others that Rion's life would be despicable, and would be the last kind they would ever want to live. But Rion thought it was perfect. Sure he could have led a herioc life with a sword in hand and a woman on each arm if he had been given more freedoms. But Rion didn't want that, and he wouldn't be here. With the woman he loved, and who loved him in return.

Rion

Jocelyn tried to picture Rion, shyer and quieter than he already was, and more innocent. The image made her smile, wondering how it could be possible for him to be any sweeter and endearing. "I don't find anything about you boring!" She declared earnestly, smiling across at him. "Quite the opposite, in fact. It sounds like your childhood was very different to mine though. It sounds nice." She smiled again, thinking of the life she would like to give her children one day. Gah, children again? She shook her head to clear it.

"I wouldn't have it anyway, likely you would be a very different person. And I think you are perfect the way you are." She confided, smiling brightly as his cheeks tinged with colour once more. "Though I suppose my childhood may seem exciting to you. I have done a lot of travelling. Home was never a particularly warm or cozy place, my father always travelling and my mother more interested in entertaining her paramours while he was gone than in spending time with me. So I learnt to seek my own fun." She shrugged, as though it was nothing unusual.

"It was actually my desire for adventure and fun that led me too close to the farm in the first place. Though I am glad I did now." Her face brightened as she looked over at Rion. She had cursed her fate initially, though now she would never change it. This was where she belonged now, here was where her future was. "I wonder if anyone has even noticed I haven't returned." She mused softly. It was unlikely, or if they did, it would be a passing thought, nothing more. She had often left home for long periods, returning only when the money was gone. As far as she knew, neither parent particularly cared, thinking her absence as one less person to worry about. Unless, of course, they had found her husband. She shuddered. The thought did not stand bearing, she had found her own life partner, and would not accepting anyone else.

She shrugged again, pushing aside the depressing thoughts. It was funny, knowing she hadn't worried about leaving home for long periods, knowing she wouldn't be missed. Yet when she had attempted to leave the farm, she had felt wretched, knowing she was leaving behind Rion, knowing he would miss her as much as she him.

Reaching out, Jocelyn slowed, taking Rion's hand in hers, pasuing her mount by his. She looked up into his face, her gaze earnest, a slight smile on her face. "If you had not come after me that night...I would have come back to you anyway." She confided.

Jocelyn

Rion frowned slightly as he listened to the story of Jocelyn's storyhood. It sounded depressing, terrible. To live in a house where no one really cared for you, and you even doubted whethere your family had even noticed you were gone for weeks on end. He felt bad, not quite pity but a sense of sorrow for what Jocelyn had gone through. His childhood may have been a boring one, but at least he had been with parents who he knew loved him.

Rion would never let that happen to her again. He would never let Jocelyn feel unloved or unwanted. He would feel every second she was gone and miss her every moment he wasn't near her. And he would make sure she knew that everyday, knew that he would love her until the day he died.

"If you had not come after me that night...I would have come back to you anyway." Rion smiled and squeezed Jocelyn's hand softly, keeping his horse close to Jocelyn's so he didn't have to let go of her hand. He chuckled softly with a small smile.

"I wouldn't have let you go even if you got away. I would have kept going even without Dashiva pulling me along." Perhaps that was a lie, he wasn't really sure. At the time he doubted if he would have gone after her, but he thought that he would have eventually. He couldn't have lived without Jocelyn even with her trying to leave him. Time and expirience had proved that.

Rion brought Jocelyn's hand to his mouth and kissed it softly. "You know I'll always love you right." Rion smiled, trying to be comforting even if Jocelyn didn't need it. He didn't know how she felt about her life at home but he would be sure that she knew it would be different with him.

Rion

"I wouldn't have let you go even if you got away. I would have kept going even without Dashiva pulling me along."Jocelyn smiled over at Rion. She had hurt him so terribly, and she regretted it constantly, but it was nice to know he wouldn't have let her go without a fight anyway, whether he was obliged to chase her or not.

"You know I'll always love you right."Jocelyn blinked at the simple statement, surprised at how it affected her, making her heart leap even as she wanted to cry. She nodded slowly, gazing into his eyes. She knew, and the knowledge was overwhelming. She'd had people tell her they loved her before, but most of them had been men looking to find a way under her skirts. But looking at Rion, she knew he meant it, that he would love her, for all of her days.

Feeling ridiculous for the tears that threatened to spill, she smiled, blinking them away as she squeezed Rion's hand back. What would it be like, to have the assurance of Rion's love everyday? She couldn't picture it, but knew she would not take it for granted. She'd never thought she missed it, the love, the caring that another could bring, but now that she had it, she had no idea how she had managed all these years without it.

"And you know that I will always love you, yes?" She asked in response, smiling brightly at him. For what seemed like the millionth time, she thanked the creator for blessing her with so wonderful a man, a man whom she was never going to leave, never let go. Besides, she could think of many things worse than spending a lifetime with Rion. He was so sweet, his words offering her comfort and warming her heart, whether he'd intended them to or not. "You will make a wonderful father one day." She murmured, not realising she'd spoken the words out loud until she saw the surprise in Rion's eyes.

Jocelyn

"And you know that I will always love you, yes?" Rion smiled and nodded slowly. It was still a little strange to hear Jocelyn tell him that she loved him. Strange gow lucky he could be to find a woman who he could spend the rest of his life with, especialy in a place like this. A place where he had nearly resigned himself to the hate of the rest of the world, and a life lived in solitude with only his books as his closest friends. He knew he had other friends at the Tower now but their importance to him paled in comparison to how important Jocelyn was to him.

"You will make a wonderful father one day." The question suprised Rion and he couldn't hide the expression on his face. He was suprised because he didn't expect Jocelyn to say something like that. And it gave him a small amount of insight as to what Jocelyn might think of their future. If she thought he would make a good father, was she picturing herself as the mother and married to him. He already knew he wanted to marry her, and perhaps she him. He had never been good at deciphering other people's feelings but perhaps he was right on this one.

Rion's suprised faded, replaced by simple joy as he imagined a future with Jocelyn and their family. A wonderful future, a perfect furture. "Thank you. I just hope..." Rion paused and changed what he was going to say. Today was not a day to dwell on thoughts of madness and a shortened future. "that I'll live up to that."

Rion sat for a few moments taking in the image of the future he had created in his mind. Caught on his thoughts for the future Rion idly bit his lip for a moment before saying. "Do you ever wonder about the future. What's going to happen to you." Rion looked up into the sky for a moment as if doing that could provide a glimpse at what was yet to come. Of course Rion had two reasons for asking one because he was curious and two, well, maybe she would give off another hint as to if he would be in that future.

Rion

"Do you ever wonder about the future. What's going to happen to you." Jocelyn looked at Rion sideways, thinking how to answer without revealing too much. Not that she was too concerned of what he may think of her daydreaming, but she didn't really know his thoughts, and she would hate to embarass them both by finding she had very different feelings on the subject.

"I never thought much about the future before coming here, I tended to live life day to day." She mused. "But things change. I think about the future a lot now, wondering where my life will head, where I want it to go. I even find myself making plans, even daydreaming about the possibilities." She shrugged with a smile at the admission, vague as it was.

"I look forward to my future now, suddenly it seems a lot brighter." She gave Rion a brilliant smile, giving his hand a squeeze. He was her future, without him her life seemed cold and empty, and she didn't think she could face it anymore. She didn't want to be alone. She wanted all the things she'd previously turned her nose up at - marriage, a family, a home of her own, love. She imagined her old friends would laugh if they heard her, not believing her for a moment, but it was the simple truth. Her life had been turned upside down since arriving at the farm, and though she had struggled with it, now she wouldn't change it for the world. For the first time, she was happy. And it was all because of Rion.

"I do know this." Jocelyn said softly, her gaze almost shy as she looked over at him. "That my future looks very bright to me, because it has you in it." She blushed slightly at the revealing words, yet she could not take them back now, and it was the simple truth. She just hoped it didn't make Rion uncomfortable, hoped that he pictured her in his future too.

Jocelyn

Rion mused silently to himself about the vast difference between he and Jocelyn for what seemed the thousandth time. He still wondered just what Jocelyn saw in him to make her love him. Night and day were closer than the two of them most of the time. But he remembered one of his teacher's favorite sayings that opposites attract. He had been talking about nations then, but Rion thought it was the same with people at times as well.

Jocelyn who had lived her life from day to day without a thought to the future, and Rion who spent more time with his head in the clouds as much as on what was going on around him. He had spent most of his life dreaming about what might have been if he were different and what might be in store for him. Daydreaming of being a grand warrior and finding some beautiful damsal and carrying her off into the sunset.

Well at least he had found his beautiful woman, even if she was far from being a damsal in distress in need of rescuing. He felt like the luckiest man alive finding someone as great as Jocelyn who he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. "I do know this. That my future looks very bright to me, because it has you in it."

Rion blushed to match the rarer redness on Jocelyn's cheeks, embaressed by her words as they complimented himself. He smiled brightly, the same as he always did when he was reminded of Jocelyn's love. He felt as if he would never stop smiling now.

"As much as I love where this conversation is going. I think my stomach is trying to bring me back to the present. What to do you say for starting back?" Rion grinned. In the back of his mind he had two reasons for wanting to get off a horse. It was hard to be as close as he wanted to be to Jocelyn on horseack. Light Jocelyn was changing him more than he would have thought when first he had met her.

Rion

"As much as I love where this conversation is going. I think my stomach is trying to bring me back to the present. What to do you say for starting back?"Jocelyn nodded, smiling across at Rion, relieved to have escaped any awkward questions, though his grin seemed promising. She had only just regained his trust, his love, she didn't want to lose it because she wanted more than he was willing to give. She would wait a lifetime, if need be, though she hoped that wasn't the case. She had finally found her one true love, she wasn't about to give him up.

"Food sounds good, besides, if we go much further it will be dark by the time we return." She replied as the turned their mounts, heading back in the direction they come from the farm, the sun slowly sinking in the horizon. Jocelyn breathed deeply of the fresh air, riding in silence and enjoying the relative freedom of being on horseback, with the most wonderful company. She had intended this to be a special day for Rion, his naming day, yet she herself had recieved so much.

She cast her eyes sideways at him, silently counting her blessings. Only yesterday, he had seemed so far away, so out of reach. Yet now here he was, his love for her evident in his eyes, in his actions. She had his forgiveness, his love, and suddenly a bright new outlook. And she knew, deep down, that she didn't deserve any of it. She had been raised to think of no one but herself, care nought for anyone or anything. She was spoiled, and selfish, and her morals certainly had never been particularly high. Girls like her didn't end up with sweet, kind, noble men like Rion. And yet, somehow she had. She must have done something right that she didn't know about.

"This was supposed to be your special day, but I fear you have given me far more than I have given you." She said jokingly as they neared the buildings, darkness slowly falling, making the shadows from the trees longer along their path. "But I do hope you have enjoyed your day." She smiled at him as they turned towards the stables, patting Alitha's neck affectionately as they did so. It had been good to get out and be active again. Now if only she could convince Dashiva to let her have her Quaterstaff back, all would be perfect.

Jocelyn

"This was supposed to be your special day, but I fear you have given me far more than I have given you." Rion highly doubted that. Jocelyn had given him her love and that was the largest give he could have ever wanted or wished for. Not even being free from the taint could match to that gift.

Rion dismounted slowly from his borrowed horse once inside the stables, moving quickly over to Alitha. He reached up, placing his hands over Jocelyn's waist and helping her from the saddle. He smiled into her eyes and kissed her tenderly once her feet were on the ground. "Today has been one of the greatest days of my life. I have you and that's the greatest gift I could have ever wanted."

Rion turned towards the door of the stables, reluctnatly moving his arms from around Jocelyn's waist. He took a half step before Jocelyn had looped her arm with his and was walking by his side. Rion's smile was renewed ten fold as Jocelyn leaned against him and teh two walked through the Tower towards the Inn.

"So what do you think, as much as I love being around everyone..." Rion chuckeled lightly. That was queit the opposite, the only person he really loved to be around was Jocelyn. There were others that he didn't mind, but the only person's company he enjoyed was Jocelyn's. "I'm not sure I want to share you with everyone today."

Rion

It was so wonderful, the relief and happiness that came with forgiveness. Jocelyn would have been content if things with Rion had gone back to the way they had been, but to have his love was such an amazing gift. It felt so right, so perfect. Like she had truly come home. She smiled down at him as he helped her dismount, thinking of all the other times he had helped her, usually blushing terribly, and never finishing with a sweet kiss. Did it get any more perfect than this?

"Today has been one of the greatest days of my life. I have you and that's the greatest gift I could have ever wanted." Jocelyn beamed, swallowing the lump that rose in her throat. She was so happy she thought she may burst, or at least burst into tears of utter joy. Not trusting herself to speak, she looped her arm through his as they stepped out into the last rays of sunlight as they quickly diminished behind the trees. She leaned against his side and sighed contentedly as they slowly strolled towards the inn.

"So what do you think, as much as I love being around everyone...I'm not sure I want to share you with everyone today." Jocelyn chuckled, she knew how much Rion hated crowds at the best of times, but the sentiment was one she shared. She wanted him to herself. "It is your naming day, I dare say that entitles you to choose your own company." She smiled at him broadly, her cheek dimpling. "You can help me cook something at Dashiva's house...then how about a picnic under the stars, just you and me?" She raised her brows in question, grinning at his response as she led him to the house, entering before him and heading to the kitchen.

It didn't take long before a hearty beef stew was bubbling over the fire place, after having directed Rion about the kitchen helping her. He had seemed so lost at first, but with a bit of guidance Jocelyn had set him to chopping vegetables for their stew, enjoying sharing the simple chore with him. Tasting the concoction, she left it to continue cooking some more as she stepped behind Rion, wrapping her arms around his waist and laying her head against his back. "Who knows, we may make a cook out of you yet." She chuckled softly, hugging him gently. "I love you." She murmured with a happy smile, for the first time in a long time, truly happy.

Jocelyn

• 3 weeks later...

Rion bumbled slowly about the kitchen more in the way than anything else as he tried to help Jocelyn try and make their meal. He listened closely to her insructions and sloly began to be more and more productive. He finally ended up chopping vegetables and passing them to Jocelyn as she went about the kitchen making the meal.

Rion felt oddly content doing the menail task of chopping vegetables. He felt at home, an atmosphere of love. Would this what it would be like to be married to Jocelyn. In this moment that Rion would love no more than to last forever. The feeling was indescribable, it was simply home.

Rion slowly set down his knife and turn his head as Jocelyn wrapped her arms around him and layed her head against his back. His chest vibrated with her voice as his face lit up in a huge grin with her words. He would never hear those words enough, nor would they ever stop making him smile. He was truly blessed to have someone as wonderful as Jocelyn.

He turned in her arms and looked down into her eyes, ducking his head and kissing her softly. "I love you too." Rion gaze was filled with the almost boundless love he felt for Jocelyn as he rubbed his nose against hers. This moment, perfection in all meaning of its name. It was a little strange to call this perfect, he was simply standing with a woman in his arms but it was. It was perfect.

"Though I think I am far from being a cook." Rion chuckled softly. "But I don't think spending time with you to learn would be too bad." Rion grinned and lowered his lips to Jocelyn's once again.

Rion

"I love you too."Jocelyn smiled up at Rion, her entire face lighting up with the joy that those three simple words brought. They really were simple in essence, yet they meant so much, carried so much weight, filled her with such unequaled joy. Who would have thought something so simple would make her feel this way? Cooking a simple meal and being held in the arms of the man she loved. It didn't get much more simple, nor more perfect.

"Though I think I am far from being a cook. But I don't think spending time with you to learn would be too bad."Smiling against his lips, Jocelyn lost herself in the sweetness of the embrace, the bliss of Rion's kiss. Twining her arms about his neck, Jocelyn forgot about where she was, everything focused instead on the moment and the man in her arms. Surely this was what life was all about. Love filled Jocelyn, and she passed it to Rion in her kiss, letting the heated action convey what was in her heart. Time slowed, or maybe it sped, she did not know, nor did she care. Nothing else mattered, she had Rion's forgiveness, his love.

It seemed a long time later that she finally lifted her head for air, her face flushed and her knees weak, and her blood singing through her veins. Light but he learned fast just how to push her buttons. Belatedly she remembered what they had been doing, her eyes straying to the pot bubbling on the fire, on the verge of bubbling over. Disentangling herself, she dashed to the pot, grabbing several cloths to shield her hands as she removed it from the heat and set it on the bench. "Something tells me we would ruin a lot of meals if I tried to teach you to cook too often." She murmured over her shoulder good naturedly, stirring the concoction with a woopden spoon, hoping it could still be salvaged. Thankfully it wasn't too bad, though it was far from her usual prowess, it had been quite some time now since she had ruined a meal like she used to.

"Luckily it can be saved." She said with a grin, dishing up the meal into two bowls, licking a spot off her finger. Thankfully it tasted passable, if not fabulous. "I'm blaming you for being too distracting if it's not very tasty." She joked, handing the two bowls to Rion with a grin. Turning, she picked up two goblets and a bottle of mulled wine, before leading the way out of the kitchen, after first pausing for one last sweet kiss. "Come, let us feast under the stars." Smiling over her shoulder, Jocelyn waited until Rion was level with her before leading the way towards the woods, to a clearing not far from the main buildings, one she had frequented often on her own, when she had not wanted to venture far from the farm.

Sitting on the lush grass, she set down the bottle and cups and motioned for Rion to join her, looking up at the bright night sky with a smile. The air was crisp, but the sky was clear, giving a spectacular view of the stars. Pouring them each a portion of wine, Jocelyn handed Rion a goblet and touched hers to it. "Happy naming day." She said softly with a smile, before taking a sip.

Jocelyn

• 2 weeks later...

Rion found himeslf quickly oblivious to his surroundings as he kissed Jocelyn. It wasn't as common now as it has used to be but it was still easy to do to forget everything but the sensation of having his lips pressed against Jocelyn's. His nerves shooting heat through his cheeks and sending shivers down his spine. It was Jocelyn who finally realized time had not stopped with them.

Rion lughed softly and dipped into saidin to help cool of the stove top as Jocelyn took the bowl in her clothed hands. He wove a web of air to catch the heat against the stove to hold it if needed but prevent it from spreading throughout the room. But he agreed with Jocelyn, it looked as if no matter what they tried they somehow managed to distract each other enogh to prevent anything from getting done.

"Luckily it can be saved. I'm blaming you for being too distracting if it's not very tasty." Rion took the offered bowls with a small blush and waited patiently for Jocelyn to lead the way from the house, waiting for her to grab the bottle of wine for the two of them. He walked by her side as they left Dashiva's house, Jocelyn leading him into the nearbye trees.

Rion smiled into the sky as Jocelyn stopped in a clearing. The stars shone brightly above them and they were effectively cut off from the rest of the world. The world was this small patch of grass, the only inhabitants he and Jocelyn. He sat slowly and placed the extra bowl of soup in front of Jocelyn and took the offered glass of wine. "Happy naming day." Rion smiled as the soft ring from the goblets pulsated through the quiet of the clearing.

He took the small sip and shivered as the small amount of heat traveling down his spine. He absentently licked his lip of the small remnants of liquid before slowly setting the glass on the grass, careful of the balance so it would not tip over and spill across his legs. He picked up his soup and took a small sip, pausing after to try and figure out what he thought of it. It wasn't wonderful as Jocelny's usual creations were, but it wasn't terrible either. "It is not bad, though whether it is my fault that I cannot seem to keep myself from kissing those lips of yours."

Rion smiled at Jocelyn as he took another sip from the bowl. "But if all my cooking lessons go as this one then.....I guess I could manage with food like this." Rion couldn't help the small blush creeping up his cheeks from the comment and what it thinly vieled. This kissing buisness that Jocelyn had introduced him to was more enjoyable than he had thought it could be.

Rion

"But if all my cooking lessons go as this one then.....I guess I could manage with food like this." Jocelyn chuckled throatily, firstly at the innuendo behind Rion's words, then more so as his cheeks flushed as he realised what he had said. It seemed her sweet innocent Rion was becoming more and more wordly, largely due to her influence, she knew. In fact, knowing it was she alone that had introduced him to such simple delights was extremely satisfying, it made her feel quite protective and possessive too. He was truly hers, and one day would be in every sense of the word. She didn't have to compete with any mystery woman from his past.

"I don't know that we would eat so well, but I know I would be satisfied." Purred Jocelyn wickedly, winking suggestively at Rion as she sampled some of the meal herself. She had to admit to herself that it wasn't the greatest meal she had created, but so far it was the most fun she'd had in cooking, though admittedly the best part had been when she actually wasn't focusing on the meal. "Actually, I think we both would be satisfied." The smile on her face broadened into a grin as Rion's blush deepened, making her wonder just how much of what she was saying he truly understood. She had no doubt he could guess at least.

Grinning to herself, Jocelyn continued her meal in a contented silence, the beauty of their location and the quiet making them seem all the more isolated, as though only the two of them existed, there was no outside world to shatter the intimacy of the situation. Setting aside her empty bowl, Jocelyn collected her goblet and shifted to sit closer by Rion's side, resting her head against his shoulder as she gazed up at the sky, made brilliant with the myriad of stars shining down on them. She sighed contentedly, thinking how perfect the evening was, after such a wonderful day. It was still hard to believe that just the day before, everything had been so uncertain. She didn't have Rion's forgiveness, nor did she know if she had his love. Today had to be the most amazing day of her life, as though everything had finally steered itself in the right direction, working towards her happiness for a change. Not that she deserved it, but she was not letting Rion go for anything. He was her world, without him she was incomplete, an empty shell.

"I hope this day has been at least slightly as wonderful for you as it has for me." Jocelyn said with a smile, idly fingering the glass in her hand as she rested against Rion, enjoying the warmth his frame gave. "Thankyou, for everything...for forgiving me when I didn't deserve it...I don't know what I'd do without you." She confessed softly, gratitude once more filling her heart as she thought of just how empty the past months had been.

Jocelyn

• 4 weeks later...

Rion was happy for a small amount of silence as the two of them continued their meal. The blush staining his face was beginning to set and he was glad to collect his thoughts. He would be the first to admit that before he had come to The Tower he was the definition of naivity. His horizons had begun to broaden as he was exposed to the other soldiers but it was his time spent with Jocelyn that had broaden his mind and emotions. He understood the playful banter being shot at him and they unleashed the desire that was so knew to his system. This emotion that he had only recently begun to feel heated his blood and made his heart skip a beat, embaressing him to no end and deepening the flush of his cheeks. And although much of her words remained a mystery, most of her teasings he was only able to guess at what they could mean, it was that mystery that helped feed this emotions.

His cheeks faded to their normal pale tone and the emotions he was becomming embaressed of followed suit. The warm soup and wine sent a warmth through him that was in large contrast to the cooling of his blood. He finished quickly, eating faster than he would have because of his scrambeled mind. He set the bowl next to him and turned his head towards Jocelyn, watching her profile lit by the moon to make her seem even more beautiful than she was. Without it Rion would always think she was the most beautiful thing on this earth and with it, the greatest poet of the time would never be able to put it into words.

He smiled brightly as she took up her wine and moved closer to him. He slipped an arm around her as she rested her head against his shoulder. This was truly the perfect ending to a perfect day. He had been foolish to push Jocelyn away for so long, he could see that now. And if anything Rion thought there time apart would only streangthen them. He knew what life was like without Jocelyn, and he didn't want to go back to it. He dropped a small kiss in Jocelyn's hair and looked up towards the stars.

"Thankyou, for everything...for forgiving me when I didn't deserve it...I don't know what I'd do without you." Rion didn't even want to think about what it would be like without Jocelyn and instead turned his imagination to his future with Jocelyn instead. Bringing a smile to his face and making the love in his heart soar.

"Then it is good you will never have to figure that out. I'll never let you go after all." He dropped another kiss on the side of her head and lifted his glass to his lips, taking a small sip. "Today was perfect, because I have you again."

"I was the foolish one, for being such a fool as to have kept you away for long. You had every reason to want to go home, I overreacted. But I came to my senses and that is all that matters." He tightened his arm in a small hug and rested his head against Jocelyn's, looking up into the stars and relishing in the warmth from Jocelyn. "I love you." He whispered into her hair.

Rion

Jocelyn smiled faintly, perfectly content in Rion's arms. It was gratifying to hear him say it was reasonable for her to want to go home, though she no longer wanted to go anywhere that took her away from Rion. "I love you."Her smile broadened, the three simple words bringing such elation to her heart. Who would have thought she could be happy with such a simple life, with such a sweet, uncomplicated man? Well besides the channelling, that was. She hardly believed it herself, but it was true. No one had ever made her feel the way Rion did, and she had never loved someone so deeply as she loved him.

"I love you too." She replied softly, a small smile on her face. "But it's me who came to my senses - I came to realise that home is here, with you."

Jocelyn lifted a hand to softly caress Rion's cheek. A soft chuckle escaped her lips as she thought back to when she first came to the tower, how often those cheeks were bright red and blushing. Largely her own fault of course, she had teased him so terribly. Indeed she still enjoyed that, though at least he was better at telling when she teased him now.

It was strange, right from the beginning she felt comfortable with Rion, even knowing what he was - a channeller. Yet he had not daunted her like the others, in fact he had been the only one who showed her any kindness. The first man to treat her like a person, not an object. It was no wonder she loved him so...he made her feel like the most precious person in the world. He was sweet and kind and thoughtful, and his innocence and bumbling shyness only made him all the more endearing in her eyes. And he was hers, she was the only girl he had ever kissed, she was the one he had given his heart too. The feeling was indescribeable, knowing she was the only woman he had ever wanted. And truth be told, Rion was the only man who made her heart sing, that made her pulse race just with his blush.

The image of her first day at the tower came to her mind and she chuckled again, recalling the way Rion had reacted when she first kissed him, his cheeks flushed crimson...the way he had eagerly taken part in her quarterstaff lesson in the hopes of earning himself a kiss - so much so he reduced himself to cheating! And his nervous excitement when she taught him about kissing...it still made her knees weak, remembering that night, the sweet wonder as she introduced Rion to a whole new world. My, how far he had come since then, and how much more she yet had to teach him, what she promised she would but hadn't yet, and wouldn't until she could call him husband. Whenever that would be.

Moving so she could see his face, Jocelyn smiled up at Rion. "Do you remember your first lesson on kissing?" She asked with a grin, picturing his sweet blush again, recalling how it spread over his chest. She rubbed her nose against his softly. "You did prove to be such a fast learner." She murmured, planting soft kisses over his face. "But then again, you've had quite the practice by now..." Jocelyn trailed off as she brought her lips to Rion's, hoping the moment would never end.

Jocelyn

It was always amazing what kissing Jocelyn would do to him. His mind, normally filled to the brim, emptied and all he could think about was the kiss. His blood heated and all the worries in the world could not make him feel anything other than happiness. Blissful moments that he wished would never end, but was willing to because he knew more would come.

"I do remember." Rion said with a small smile when they finally broke, but only for a moment as Rion lent in and kissed Jocelyn again. He opened his mouth and slipped his tounge into Jocelyn's, using everthing Jocelyn had taught him since that first night.

He took his tounge back and broke from the kiss. He brushed a finger against her cheek and smiled brightly. "I remember what a wonderful teacher you were, and how I was as excited as a little boy on his nameday." He pressed his lips to Jocelyn's again in an all to brief kiss, breathing his words against her lips.

"But I am a scholar.." He paused as kissed her once again, a hand resting on her Jocelyn's side. "And there is no such thing as too many lessons." Rion grinned, feeling nothing like himself as he spoke, bold for him at least. For once his blush whenever he felt like this was no where to be seen.

Rion

• 2 weeks later...

Jocelyn was overwhelmed with a mixture of desire and surprise as Rion captured her lips his tongue teasing hers as he took the initiative in a surprising show of boldness. She was helpless but to return the heated kisses, her heart so full of love and her blood singing through her veins. It was amazing what Rion's touch, his kiss, his love could do to her, like nothing else in the world.

"But I am a scholar...And there is no such thing as too many lessons." Jocelyn's eyes widened in shock as Rion's hand rested intimately against her side, in a manner he had never been so bold to touch her before. Heat ebbed through her body from the contact, befuddling her passion-fuzzed mind further. Light but he made it difficult to uphold her vow. It was as though the evening conspired against her, the bright star lit sky, the warm gentle breeze, all combining to entice her further, make it so easy to give in...

Jocelyn groaned softly and buried her face in Rion's neck, kissing him softly. "Do you have any idea what you do to me?" She breathed with a smile, trailing her lips to his ear and nipping the lobe softly, while inside a battle raged, her mind against her heart and body. Unable to help herself, Jocelyn's tongue darted out to tickle his ear, his answering shiver causing her to smile as she trailed soft kisses over his neck and jaw.

Amusement and desire laced through her voice as she spoke, her lips trailing softly over Rion's cheek. "Well I would hate to hinder your pursuit of knowledge, my love." Jocelyn slid her arms about Rion's neck and pressed closer, her lips finally meeting his once more as she teetered on the brink of the abyss, the voice inside her warning her to stop...

Jocelyn

"Do you have any idea what you do to me?" Rion could imagine if it was anything like what she was doing to hip, a shiver racking his body as he felt her tounge on his ear. He closed his eyes, savoring the sensual feeling of Jocelyn's attentions. His blood sang with passion, love, desire every emotion that was Jocelyn and her kiss coursed through him.

"Well I would hate to hinder your pursuit of knowledge, my love." Grinning at the amount of humor as well as the pleasure coming from Jocelyn's lips on his cheek, the closeness of her, the hand on her side. A small voice screamed at him to be careful, but that and all other thought was drowned by what this contact was bringing him. It shouted to be careful, to remember his finger did not have a ring on it. Everything that he had been taught told him to go back, but his heart, blood and self only saw Jocelyn, his love and world and told him to never let go of this.

He pressed his body against her's, feeling the outline of her against his chest. Inside of him desire took the place of his blood, his mind devoid of anything but the feeling of Jocelyn's lips against his, the feeling of his hand sliding across her lower back and the ovewhelming love and desire he held for her feeling as if it would light him on fire from within. His other han dmoved unbidden to rest of her leg as his tounge played with Jocelyn's, entertwining to become one.

And all at once Rion was pulling back removing his hands from Jocelyn's form, shaking lightly as his body tried to recover from what he had put it through. His breathing was slow and broken and he tore his gaze from Jocelyn's eyes as he broke their kiss. "I can't..." He whispered inaudibly. He felt nervous because of what he had jsut about done, and at the same time afraid that he had done something without realizing to hurt Jocelyn. A worry that she may think he was rejecting her. He looked back to her, recovered somewhat and hoped she wouldn't see it that way. Waiting if she would say anything.

Rion