DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Naming Day! ...Forgive Me...? (Rion)

Jocelyn

Jocelyn sat cross-legged on her bed, turning over the gift she had organised for Rion in her hands. It had taken her an awful lot of organising to get it, but now she had it, she wasn't sure. He would love it, of that she had no doubt...but would it be enough, to prove her loyalty, her love? Uncertainty had always been a foreign concept to her, but over the last weeks, since her stupid attempt to leave, she had been entirely unsure of herself.

She couldn't NOT give it to him though, not after all she'd gone through to locate it, the pleading and convincing of someone to help her, the negotiating and agreeing to do chores, since she had no money to pay for the gift...that can't have been for nothing. But what if he misunderstood her intentions? Thought she was trying to buy his forgiveness?

She sighed. It was still quite dark outside, the day had barely even begun yet. Perhaps if she gave the book a more personal touch? An idea came to her, and before she could change her mind, she rustled up paper, pen and ink, and began to write, putting to paper the thoughts and feelings that had plagued her of late. She loved Rion, had told him so. And he had said he loved her...but did he? Or had he said it, to show her how deeply he felt the hurt? She didn't know, but she would let him know exactly what she felt.

Blowing across the page to dry the ink, she folded it in two, slipping it with Rion's present. There was still much to do this day, she would work up the courage to give him the gift later on. She would, she determined, with a firm nod.

Rising, she hurriedly dressed, though she took care with her appearance today, wearing Rion's favourite colour, brushing her hair until it was a gleaming black river down her spine. She was going to make this a good day for him, whether he forgave her or not. That's what friends did.

Slipping out of the room as quietly as possible, so as not to wake anyone, Jocelyn headed into the kitchen, taking an apron from the hook on the wall and tying it about her waist, before she set to work. She had spent a lot of time in the kitchen at the inn, learning what she could, and gradually her cooking was improving, though what she was going to attempt today was a first, and had every possibility to go wrong.

Quietly she bustled around the kitchen, doing her best to contain the mess as she went, though she inevitably ended up with flour on her nose that she didn't notice, as she placed her creation into the small oven. Uttering a silent prayer that it worked out, she set about preparing breakfast, like she had each morning since her foiled escape.

Checking her creation in the oven once more, Jocelyn arranged the breakfast on the tray, the porridge with blueberries, fresh bread, piping hot tea, and even a little jam for the bread, that she had found in the inn. Satisfied with the spread, she took the tray upstairs, juggling it as she sought to open Rion's door, quietly, in case he wasn't awake yet.

Setting the tray down in his side table, she smiled softly at his sleeping form, admiring the sweetness in his features. "Rion." She said softly, with a smile. "Rion...wake up...happy naming day." She said softly, sitting lightly on the foot of the bed, hand in her pocket fingering the other present she had made for him. The one on her bed would wait for later. She had plenty of surprises planned for today, and she was going to be cheerful if it killed her.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreamless, and Rion was thankful for it. Dreams had a tendancy to turn into nightmares and there were to many of those now adays. From Jocelyn leaving ,which had not produced as much as he had thought. His nightmares had begun to increase with the frequency of the voice in his head. "Rion." Rion stirred as he began to come out of his sleep. His shifted, breathed once deeply and one eye flickered open. "Rion...wake up...happy naming day."

Rion's other eye flickered open and he looked over his shoulder, rolling over onto his side. He snaked one hand out from under his blanket and rubbed at his eyes to help wak himself up. The sheets slipped down his bare torso as he sat upon, still only half awake. "Jocelyn?" Rion stifled a yawn and folded his legs under him to help himself sit.

As he woke fully Rion could not help his heart missing a beat as he looked at Jocelyn. His heart pulsated with the love he felt for the woman, but his mind still had power. The battle that had raged within him for the past weeks had been fierce but slowly his heart had begun to win. The pain he had felt that had come with the betrayal of her leaving had begun to be replaced with the pain of his hearting breaking anew whenever he saw her but thought he could not love her.

The sway over his heart that his mind had was standing on the edge of a cliff, ready to fall and succumb to his hearts desire. Jocelyn had been proving herself steadily that her wishes to stay were genuine. He knew that she had been spending time at the inn helping with cooking, as well as he had seen her around the farm interacting with other channelers. The only thing that had stopped him from forgiving her all ready was his stubborness, and the Voice.

The weeks had left him time to think of that particular thing. He had concluded so far that it was from the taint, and had been brought on by a mixture of time and he assumed an extreme amount of stress and pain. It had grown in frequency since Jocelyn had tried to leave, which had led Rion to the second part.

Rion smiled at Jocelyn as stifled another yawn. "Thank you. I didn't think anyone would remember." Light twenty years alive, and this last one had been the only one where he had truly felt alive. Rion looked around the room quickly and spotted the tray on his side table. "What's this?" Rion turned and was about to wait for an answer when he smiled, this time in amusement. He leaned foreward as far as he could and brushed at Jocelyn's nose, taking the flour that had been stuck their off. He sat back with a small laugh.

Rion

Jocelyn smiled at the sight of Rion as he woke up, the sight of his naked chest doing things to her insides that she really shouldn't allow, not if she wanted to torture herself with longing. As much as she loved him, longed to reach out and touch him, he was not hers, and she would drive herself crazy if she kept imagining the way she did. The things she longed to teach him...Light, she was doing it again!

"Thank you. I didn't think anyone would remember." Jocelyn smiled at him in return, heart skipping as he smiled in the way she had missed. He'd been doing it a little more of late, thankfully, but he was still clearly troubled and hurt, and rightly so. She'd made a vow, that whatever it took, however long, she wouldn't give up, and she wouldn't. She would see him happy again, truly happy, if it killed her.

"What's this?"Jocelyn's breath caught as Rion leant forward, his fingers brushing her nose. She wrinkled it, looking at his finger with a blush at the flour that came away with it. "Oh...part of a surprise I have for you later." She said with a wry grin. Standing, she fetched the tray, bringing it back over to the bed and passing it to Rion to rest on his lap. "Of course I wouldn't forget about your naming day." She said as she fussed, grabbing a bowl forherself from the tray and sitting on the end of his bed, cross-legged. She had made him breakfast a few times, and delivered it to him, but today she didn't leave, she decided to eat with him. If he didn't like it, he could send her away.

Fishing into her pocket, she handed him the small square of blue cloth from within and handed it to him. "And it wouldn't be a naming day without a gift - so I made this for you." She said, somewhat shyly as he unfolded the handkerchief, neatly embroidered in one corner with his initials. "It's not much, but I had to show you that I don't hurt myself sewing anymore." She giggled, holding up her thumb in demonstration.

Tucking into her porridge, she waved at him to do the same. "Eat up now, you'll need your strength for today...I have a few small surprises up my sleeve." She said with a grin, trying hard to ignore the fact that his top half was naked.

Rion stifled yet another yawn and pondered on what could be in store for him later. He knew it had something to do with food, something it seemed Jocelyn made from scratch. And for some reason that made Rion feel good, that Jocelyn would take the time and energy to make something for him.

"Of course I wouldn't forget about your naming day." Rion took a small bowl from the tray Jocelny had brought fo him. He was slightly suprised when Jocelyn did not leave, the few times she had made breakfast for him she had never stayed to eat with him. Though her company wasn't all unwanted. Standing on the edge of a cliff indeed, more like he was just falling slowly.

"And it wouldn't be a naming day without a gift - so I made this for you. It's not much, but I had to show you that I don't hurt myself sewing anymore." Rion smiled as he looked at Jocelyn's unblemished thumb, remember how he had caught her bleeding when she had tried to sew before.

Rion rolled the hankerchief across his hands, running his thumb over the RA in one of the corners. It was blue, Rion could not help feeling good at her remembering his favorite color. It was touching, though it brought a small pang of sadness. Blue had become his favorite color because it had been one of the colors for his house, which he had forsaken now.

Rion couldn't help but wonder what these suprises that Jocelyn seemed to be alluding towards were as he picked up his spoon and dipped it into his porridge. He lifted it and tentively sipped at it, he smiled both at the fact that it wasn't to hot and it was very good and downed the spoonfull quickly.

"I have to say you are getting much better at this." Rion stopped to down another spoonful. "This is very good." Rion smiled sheepishly at Jocelyn for a few moments, and then looked back down to his porridge when she smiled back.

The rest of the meal went in relative silence, only broken by a few playful words here and there. Rion wiped at his mouth with a small knapkin from the tray before rising and stepping off his bed. He stretched his arms out over his head and rolled his shoulders to wake them up more. He took a step towards teh closet before turning back to Jocelyn who was still rising from his bed.

With a small blush Rion spoke up as it seemed Jocelyn wasn't in a hurry to leave. "I was um...going to get changed. So unless your're planning on staying and watching....." Rion blushed deeper and looked away from Jocelyn hurriedly, running a hand through his hair in an attempt to cover the blush.

Rion

"I have to say you are getting much better at this. This is very good." Jocelyn couldn't help but beam, thankful he had noticed how much effort she had put into learning to cook. It made an irritating task that much more enjoyable.

They ate in relative silence, though it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable like it might have been. Jocelyn desperately kept the hope at bay, that it meant he had forgiven her. It would only hurt her the more to find out he hadn't. Best to just enjoy the moment while it lasted.

Picking up the other napkin from the tray, Jocelyn couldn't help but follow Rion with her eyes as he stretched and climbed out of bed, dabbing distractedly at her lips as she watched the ripple of muscles across his back. Slowly she began to rise, almost starting when Rion addressed her. "I was um...going to get changed. So unless your're planning on staying and watching....."

The blush, combined with the words spread a slow mischievious grin across her face. It seemed so long ago now, when she had first been brought here, and had gone to bathe...she'd said a very similar thing to him. Some of her old mischief danced in her eyes as she took in the blush she had missed seeing so much. "Well now, tempting as your offer is, I should really get these dishes downstairs and washed." She chuckled softly, gathering the tray and its contents as she pushed at the door, grinning to herself.

Feeling a lot more carefree than she had in days, Jocelyn bustled about the kitchen, checking on her creation in the oven, which appeared so far to be working, before cleaning up, humming to herself in a way she hadn't for a long time. It didn't take long to clean and dry the dishes, putting them away and giving the entire kitchen a once over. She'd already learnt it made life a lot easier if she cleaned as she went, still humming the tune her mother used to sing.

Drying her hands on the apron tied around her waist, Jocelyn folded a large cloth, using it to sheild her hands as she pulled her creation from the oven. Grinning joyously at the favourable result, she set it on the windowsill to cool, laying the cloth over it to keep Rion's eyes off it and the bugs out, whirling as she heard footsteps behind her.

"You just keep your eyes away from that, it's for later." She warned Rion, shaking her finger at him playfully. Untying the apron, she hung it on the peg on the wall and grinned, pointing to the basket sitting on the table. "I spoke to Dashiva, and in honour of today you've been excused from any classes or chores, so I thought you may like to take the time to, oh I don't know, read the day away?" She smiled as his eyes lit up at the prospect. "I even packed you lunch, so you don't have to worry about the time, and can find yourself a nice quiet place where you won't be disturbed." She said with a grin, knowing just how much the idea must appeal to him.

Rion straightened his jacket and ran a hand to smooth out some of the creases that had come with hanging in the small closet in his room. He fussed with his hair for a moment, rubbibf hia fingers through it to serve as a comb. It wasn't much, Rion had never thought himself that good looking no matter how much he tried. Of course, normally he didn't try very hard. Something about today just made him want to look his best.

He paused to slip a book into one of his pockets before heading down stairs, taking them two at a time to hurry. He made his way into the kitchen craning his neck to see over Jocelyn and try anf get a glance at what Jocelyn was trying to hide from him.

"You just keep your eyes away from that, it's for later." Rion smiled sheepishly as Jocelyn shook a finger at him. Rion could not help to notice how beautiful Jocelyn looked, even with the apron. The blue silk was very becoming on her in Rion's eyes, and her appearance was immaculate like always. Just looking at her made Rion's heart beat faster.

"I spoke to Dashiva, and in honour of today you've been excused from any classes or chores, so I thought you may like to take the time to, oh I don't know, read the day away? I even packed you lunch, so you don't have to worry about the time, and can find yourself a nice quiet place where you won't be disturbed."

Rion's mouth opened slightly, his eyes brightening as every word coming out of Jocelyn's mouth made his day seem better and better. The thought of spending time by himself, with only a book and no responsibilities to occupy himself with today.

Though the prospect of spending the day alone was good, the thought of having Jocelyn with him was slowly looking like a better prospect. He still had a small grudge against Jocelyn, but that small part of him was being dwarfed by the overwhelming love he was feeling for her right now.

"Well I uh...." Rion was never very good at asking people things and had to take a few moments to force the words from out of his mouth. "Thank you so much, I don't think I've had a day so good in a long while. But um...well...would you like...uh...to join me? I mean, you did all this you deserve to relax some to." And Rion would love to have her with him for the day as well. It seemed that whatever anger he still had to Jocelyn was forgotten for the moment, if not completely.

Rion

"Thank you so much, I don't think I've had a day so good in a long while. But um...well...would you like...uh...to join me? I mean, you did all this you deserve to relax some to." The idea appealed greatly to Jocelyn, though she eyed his face, wanting to be certain he wasn't simply being polite, that he did want her company. Finding nothing in his eyes to give her pause, she smiled slowly and nodded. "I would like that."

A moment later she jumped, blushing as she realised she must have been standing there grinning like an idiot. "I'll be ready in just a moment then." She said, smoothing her skirts absently as she swished out of the room, gathering her precious little red book from her room, along with a large throw rug. She hesitated, eyeing the special gift on the bed, before leaving the room without it. Not just yet, she thought.

Almost skipping down the stairs, Jocelyn couldn't help the exhilerated feeling that flooded her. It had been so long since she'd spent any real time with Rion like she used to, and she couldn't help but feel his invitation was like a giant step in the right direction, that perhaps he was that much closer to forgiving her completely.

Breezing back into the room, she cleared her throat and gave Rion a warning look, taking in just where his eyes had been trained, on the cloth covered cake on the sill. "You're too curious for your own good Rion." She said in a mock stern voice, though humour danced in her eyes. Light, even the fact that they had been able to converse without so much awkwardness was a wonderful change, Jocelyn felt like she was walking on air. Perhaps in the end, everything she'd done had not been for nothing after all.

"Shall we? You will have to lead the way, this is your day, so you have to choose exactly where to spend it." She said with a smile, stepping out into the sunshine as he held the door for her, rug draped over her arm. Light, she hadn't even been able to enjoy the simple pleasure of walking with Rion for some time now, and hadn't realised just how much she missed it until now, ambling along, arm in arm. Would he offer her his arm, like he used to? Probably best not to expect too much, she assumed, content with the joy of sharing his company. "Where to?" She asked with a smile.

Rion smiled broadly as Jocelyn accepted his invitation to come along, almost bouncing on his heels as she ran up the stairs to get ready for their day. But Rion's nature was to be curious, and a covered object that he had been told he could not look at was something that drew his attention like moths to a flame.

Rion chewed on his lip thoughtfull as he looked at the covered object. He had been able to define that it was some sort to food, something that needed to be baked. But as of yet he could not guess at what it was exactly. It was rather infuriating actually, the feeling Rion got whenever he found a puzzle he could not solve. His hand itched to peel back the cloth but, fortunately, Jocelyn returned before he could get himself into any trouble.

"You're too curious for your own good Rion." Rion flushed, embaressed by his actions and his weakness of not being able to constrain his curiousity. "Shall we? You will have to lead the way, this is your day, so you have to choose exactly where to spend it." Rion held the door open for Jocelyn to walk through, out into the morning sunshine.

Rion paused outside as Jocelny asked where they would be going, not from indicesion about their destintion but on whether or not to offer his arm to Jocelyn like he was used to. He ekpt his arm to himself though, and began the treck to the outskirts of the Farm.

Rion stepped slowly into the woods so he would not trip on anything, which he tended to do more often than not. Somewhere in the back of his mind he wondered if this was such a good idea, taking Jocelyn off of the actual Farm grounds. But a louder vocie reminded him of the oath she had sworn to him. She wouldn't leave.

Rion led Jocelny to a small clearing, found by accident more than anything else. With a smile he took the rug Jocelny had brought and spread it out over the ground. He sat slowly and waited for Jocelyn to sit next to him before taking one of his books out from his pocket. He leaned back on his elbow and opened the book the the small leather strip sticking in it and slowly losing himself in the script.

Rion

It should not have been a surprise that Rion kept his arm by his side as he led the way, after all, she couldn't expect too many miracles in one day. The fact that he hadn't taken his leave quite early, like he did most days was one thing, let alone asking her to spend the day with him, was a wonderful sign of progress. It was the reason her smile didn't falter as she followed him, towards the outskirts of the farm.

They walked in silence, Jocelyn quite surprised as he led her further away from the buildings and into a clearing in the woods. Was this some sort of test? To see if she would be tempted to make a run for it, given the opportunity? She shook her head ruefully. Why would she want to leave, when everything she wanted was walking a pace or two ahead of her? Besides, she had made an oath, and she would not break it.

Watching as Rion spread out the rug, Jocelyn pushed the picnic basket to the side and took a seat beside him, crossing her legs beneath her and opening her beloved book. She must have read it a thousand times, but had yet to grow bored with it, one because she loved the story, and two, because it was her most treasured possession, a precious gift from Rion.

Trying to lose herself in the rich language of the text, Jocelyn couldn't help but let her eyes stray to the man at her side, looking more at ease and happier than she had seen in the months since she had last tried to leave. A lock of hair had fallen across his forehead in a most endearing manner, and her hand twitched from wanting to reach out and brush it back, trace the curves and angles of his face, the outline of his lips.

Giving herself a mental shake she forced her eyes back to the book, fighting the blush that threatened to surge to the fore. It was so difficult, knowing he was so close, yet unable to reach out to him, separated by the invisible barriers that had been erected when she had run. She sighed, the look of utter heartbreak in his eyes forever burned into her memory, she was sure. Didn't he realise she had run because she was scared, ashamed of what she had done? That everything in her had begged her to run towards him, yet her own foolish pride had lead her the opposite way, in a vain attempt to hide from his hurt? She chewed her lip, staring at the page unseeingly. Whether he knew or not didn't matter anymore. She'd set about making amends from that moment on, for nought, it sometimes seemed.

Dwelling on her past mistakes wasn't going to help anything though, she berated herself as she flicked her hair back from her face and over her shoulder. The here and now was all that mattered, and whatever the future may bring. Again her eyes slipped to the side, taking in his profile, smiling a little at the way his eyes twinkled as he read, his own lips curved in a content smile. She loved him, so very much, and had told him so, was doing all she could to show him...but she still couldn't help but wonder about his feelings. He had told her he had loved her...but what about now? She thought of the note she had penned that morning, once more indecision attacking her. Should she give it to him?

Frustrated with her thoughts she set her book aside and stood, stretching lazily, and looking around at the trees. A giggle escaped her as she was reminded of their first meeting, and Rion looked up at her enquiringly. "I was just thinking of when I first saw you." she explained. "You were walking through woods with your nose buried in a book, apologising to the trees as you bumped into them." She giggled again, finding the image just as humorous now as she had then.

After one last stretch she knelt beside the basket, opening it and surveying the contents, still smiling to herself. "Hungry?" She asked, fishing out two small apples and tossing him one, sitting once more and eyeing the trees wistfully as she took a bite. Eyeing him mischieviously, she swallowed her apple. "I had thought you were far more interested in my horse than me." She said with a soft chuckle. "though I can hardly blame you. I do miss riding...will you check on Alitha for me, now and then?" She asked. She had pointedly avoided going anywhere even remotely close to the stables, as much as she missed her mare - she cared more for what Rion would think if he believed her plotting escape again, and that would do nothing to prove her oath to him.

Rion could not have been much happier at the moment. The text in fornt of him to most people would have been extremely boring, but Rion found it fascinating. It was about the stars, and theories about what they could possibly be from scholars all over teh world. It was relatively new to Rion's standards, twenty or thirty years old. His father had bought it for him on a trip to Caemyln from an upscale bookstore and had been one of his favorites.

Rion glanced every few times to see Jocelyn reading as well, to his somewhat suprised the red book he had bought for her on their trip to Arad Doman. Rion nearly blushed just by looking at it, but he knew what it was about and that was enough. He couldn't imagine what it wuld be liked to actually read it.

Rion's eyes followed Jocelyn as she stood, wondering what she could be doing. She giggled lightly, and Rion raised an eyebrow in a question, wondering what was so funny. "I was just thinking of when I first saw you. You were walking through woods with your nose buried in a book, apologising to the trees as you bumped into them." Rion looked down sheepishly, the image coming back to his mind. Light he had been acting rather foolish that day.

"I had thought you were far more interested in my horse than me. Athough I can hardly blame you. I do miss riding...will you check on Alitha for me, now and then?" Rion took a small bite from the apple Jocelyn had given to him, marked and closed his book. He sat up ad folded his legs beneath him.

Rion chewed and swallowed slowly, memories of that day coming back to him. It was strange, the difference between that day and this. That day he had spent most of his time hiding behind things, Isha, Jocelyn's horse. He had tried to be a mediator between Drenn and Jocelyn to a rather disasterous effect. Of course it had put the two of them on the path that had led to here. As confusing a path as it was.

"I remember that you were scarier than Isha that day, paying more attention to Alitha was safer in my book." Rion chuckled lightly with a hint of a blush rising on his cheeks. He took another bite of his apple to hide the fact.

"And I will check on Alitha if you wish." Rion paused for a moment, chewing on what he was going to say next before actually saying it. He didn't think Dashiva would mind, nor that it would be a problem. But would he be able to handle it, should he ask. The battle between heart and mind raged for those brief moments, but his mind continued to fall down that cliff. "You could come with me if you want to sometimes. I'm sure Dashiva wouldn't mind."

Rion

"I remember that you were scarier than Isha that day, paying more attention to Alitha was safer in my book." Jocelyn half grimaced, half smiled. She'd always had a fiesty temper, since she was a child, and though she'd kept it pretty well in check lately, that day she had been holding nothing back. Still, considering her scarier than Isha was an amusing thought, she would have to make sure to remember that yelling seemed to bother Rion.

"And I will check on Alitha if you wish." She smiled her thanks, biting on the crisp green apple as she curled her feet once more beneath her on the rug, though his next words froze her movements instantly. "You could come with me if you want to sometimes. I'm sure Dashiva wouldn't mind." Her heart skipped a beat. A test? An empty offer? Or a sign of trust? Unsure which, she eyed him silently, searchingly, though found his face revealed no more information.

"I would love that." She said softly, thoughtfully, smiling at him to let him know she meant it. "But I won't take you up on your offer until I know it's because you trust me." She tilted her head to the side, toying with the stem on her apple as she smiled his way. "But I would love that, thankyou." Her heart pounded thunderously in her chest as she finished the apple, lazily tossing the core away into the trees and brushing off her hands. Hopefully she had averted crisis, she didn't see how he could take her words as anything other than truth. If it had been a test, she hoped she had passed. The last thing she wanted was for Rion to think that she was jumping at the opportunity to escape again.

"Well now." She said brightly, wiggling back down next to Rion on the mat. Reaching for her book, she passed it to him. "Since it is your naming day, I think it is only fitting that you have something new to read." She said, gesturing to her romantic novel with a mischievious glint in her eye. "I never did get you to read it, and what better opportunity for you to broaden your literary mind than the present, hmm?"

Reaching over, she collected the book he had been reading, tracing a finger over the title as she read it, before leaning back on her elbow, letting the sunlight dance across her face. Pointedly she kept her face averted, biting her lip to keep from showing the mirth that threatened. It wasn't that her book was so bad, though it would be very different to his usual reading. The romance jumped off every page, and while it was hardly explicit, it was very suggestive. Should bring a lovely blush to his cheeks, she imagined.

Turning her attention back to the book in her own hands, she could not help but smile, remembering the conversation they'd had about stars, so long ago. She often thought of that evening, when she was in her room, alone, staring out the small window at the sky. Everything had been different then, had been far less complicated. She had felt secure, peaceful, and though she hadn't realised it at the time, had been falling head over heels for Rion and his sweet manner.

She sighed softly, though not unhappily, and opened the book, reading in between sidelong glances towards Rion to guage his reaction.

Rion was unsure of what to think with Jocelyn's response. Because he was not sure if deep inside of him he did trust her. Her words told him that she had no intention of trying to leave, with Alitha at least. She had not said or done anything to suggest that she held any intentions of leaving, all her actions pointed to the fact that she wanted to uphold her oath.

"Well now. Since it is your naming day, I think it is only fitting that you have something new to read." Rion reached out and took the small red book with a look of trepidation. "I never did get you to read it, and what better opportunity for you to broaden your literary mind than the present, hmm?"

Rion's mouth worked silently not exactly in protest but something close to that. He didn't see the need to broaden his 'literary mind' nor did he really want to look like such an innocent by the blush he was sure to bloom on his face. He opened to the first page of the book.

It only took a few pages before a large blush had taken up residence on his face. It wasn't as explicit as he had expected, but none the less it was enough to make Rion blush. But it was only a few moments before his imagination began to wander, the images inside of his head of the characters began to shift. There was a reason he did not read many fictional stories. His imagination had a tendency to put himself into the story and it always made his life seem more dull.

And in this situation it was an extremely embaressing habit to have. And while the main character of the story was a female, her lover was not. Rion blushed deeply as his imagination put himself in the story, the woman taking a rather striking resembelence to Jocelyn.

Rion looked up once to see Jocelny reading teh book he had brought, and immediately wished he had not. The image of him kissing Jocelyn came up to the fore of his mind, and then shifted to what they had been suggesting at in the book he was reading.

Rion shook his head and slowly closed the book in front of him. He set the book down in front of him, making a mental note of where he was. If Jocelyn wished him to read it then he would eventually. But now was a rather compramising situation.

"I think for now...my..literary mind. Has been broadened." The heat across his cheeks and ears was enough to contest to that. "I will finish, well, um..eventually." Rion ran his cheek across his shoulder as he sat up, trying in vain to hide the blush on his cheeks. Though, everyone does have to grow up eventually.

Rion instead moved to the basket and began to take oout the rest of the lunch, to try and move his mind from the book and the thoughts it provoked. He set out the food slowly. "Hungry?"

Rion

Jocelyn found she was becoming engrossed in the book, so much so that she was slightly startled when Rion spoke again, having been so deeply ensconsed in her own little world. "I think for now...my..literary mind. Has been broadened." Jocelyn looked up, a slow smile spreading across her face as she took in the blush staining his cheeks. Light, the book was a romance, indeed, but even she was surprised at the extent of his blush.

"I will finish, well, um..eventually." Jocelyn's eyes sparkled with barely contained mirth as she put the book down, watching as Rion set out the food from the basket they had brought, thinking she would never get tired of seeing the colour in his cheeks. Light, it had been so long since she had seen it too, it was like a breath of fresh air on a dreary day.

Resting her elbow on her knee, she sat her chin in her hand and watched him thoughtfully, thinking of all the times since their meeting that she had made him blush. It was funny, likely it should make her laugh, thinking just how much of an innocent he was, even for his age. But instead she found it terribly sweet, eandearing. She'd never known anyone quite like him, so genuinely...nice. And strangely she didn't want anyone else to steal his innocence. At least she knew she had been the first to kiss him, though he had proved quite the avid student.

She smiled to herself, fighting her own blush at where her mind had been leading her. She missed him terribly, the closeness they had once shared, not to mention the kisses. She wanted that all back and more, so much more. But she would never have it until he trusted her again, assuming he felt the same way at all, like he said he had.

"You shouldn't hide your blush, I always thought you looked sweet." Jocelyn said softly, without thinking, blinking as the red in his cheeks deepened. Belatedly realising she had likely embarassed him further, and that she wasn't really entitled to say such things to him at present, she lowered her lashes. "Sorry." She mumbled, shifting to help him spread out the lunch, arranging food on the plate.

"I didn't expect you to invite me along, so I hope you don't mind sharing." She said with a sheepish smile, handing him the full plate and moving over so she could reach it too, thankful she had gone over the top and prepared a lot of food. Eating silently, she couldn't help but wonder what was going through Rion's mind. Was he even contemplating forgiveness? Did he care for her, like he used to? Or was it just him being nice. Ahh, if only she could read minds, she could at least put her own at ease.

"You shouldn't hide your blush, I always thought you looked sweet." Rion blushed further at the words, though almost unconsciously he stopped trying to hide the redness of his cheeks.

"I didn't expect you to invite me along, so I hope you don't mind sharing."

Rion shook his head slowly. "No, no it's alright." He took the full plate and set it down in front of him. He took a small piece of bread and stuck it in his mouth, thinking. Jocelyn seemed to be content with dining in silence, which was fine with Rion at the moment.

What are you doing boy? You almost had it and now you are falling back into her trap. She is not your friend, she does not love you. She will always want to leave, will always betray you. You are wrong, and always will be about Jocelyn. All you know is hate. You? We are the same person boy, I am as much apart of you as anything else. You will never be able to survive in this world unless you learn to embrace what I am.

Rion closed his eyes tightly and pushed the voice to the back of his mind, thankful he was looking down at his plate at the moment. He was begining to trust Jocelyn again, and still loved her as much as he had loved anyone. What suspicion and ill feelings that remained inside Rion towards Jocelyn was now only coming from the voice inside his head. His heart had finally won.

"Jocelyn I....." Rion took a deep breath mulling over what he was about to say in his head. "Thank you again for all of this. I'm afraid I've been rather foolish over these past few weeks." Rion swallowed the lump growing in his throat. He had never had an easy times expressing what his heart felt and now was no different.

"I'm sorry that I've been so cold to you. I shouldn't have held this grudge for as long as I have, you haven't done anything to deserve that. I....I should have listened to my heart all along." Rion bit his lip and took a deep breath trying to get rid of the tightness across his chest and trying to get rid of the lump in hs throat.

Rion

"Jocelyn I.....Thank you again for all of this. I'm afraid I've been rather foolish over these past few weeks." Jocelyn looked up, surprised at the seriousness on Rion's face, her breath catching at the words. Did it mean what she thought it meant? She hardly dared hope, biting her lip to keep silent as she studied him closely, wanting to know, to be sure.

"I'm sorry that I've been so cold to you. I shouldn't have held this grudge for as long as I have, you haven't done anything to deserve that. I....I should have listened to my heart all along." A barrage of emotions were churning inside Jocelyn, and it was all she could do to keep from throwing herself at him, wrapping her arms around him and hugging him close. She had waited for these words, for so long now, but still she hesitated. He hadn't said he actually forgave her. Nor had he mentioned anything about love. But this was so much more than she had expected for the day, she was happy to be patient a while longer. After all, she'd waited this long.

Jocelyn shook her head silently, a small smile on her lips as she chose her words carefully before speaking. She felt as though she was balancing on a precipice, and it was razor thin. One mistake and she would plunge over the side. "You treated me no differently to what my behaviour deserved." She said softly, earnestly. "I doubt I would have reacted any differently. I betrayed your trust, and your friendship. You were perfectly reasonable in your distance."

Looking down, she idly toyed with her fingers in her lap. "I wish I could take back what I did, but I can't." She said, head still lowered. "So instead I have been doing whatever I could to show you that I meant my oath." She lifted her head and smiled faintly. "Perhaps it has worked, perhaps you still have doubts..." she shrugged one shoulder delicately. "But that is no matter, because whether you believe me or not, I am honouring my oath, though I must say I have missed you, your friendship, more than I ever missed my home."

Jocelyn shook her head, her smile widening. "My old home. This is my new home." She chewed her lip thoughtfully, tilting her head to the side. Light, she would live anywhere, do anything, if it meant she could stay with Rion. "Truthfully, home to me is wherever you are." She said with a smile, her tone earnest if a little shy. It wasn't as though she had anything to lose though.

Tapping her chin, she made the decision to give him his present, curious to see his reaction, wanting some confirmation that what she saw in his eyes was true, that she wasn't kidding herself. That he was forgiving her. "I have another gift I want to give you," she said with a grin. "So if you're done eating, we can go and get it now." She asked, raising her brow in question, fighting down the anxiousness. Light, but she missed him, and wanted nothing more than to have his friendship back. Even if she was never to receive anything more, she wanted it back.

Rion plucked at the fabric of the carpet uselessley, looking up slowly as Jocelny began to speak. He wasn't really sure ow Jocelny would react, nor was he really sure why he had said what he did. "You treated me no differently to what my behaviour deserved. I doubt I would have reacted any differently. I betrayed your trust, and your friendship. You were perfectly reasonable in your distance."

She even admits it. She betrayed you why can't you see she can not be trusted. Rion refrained from both answering and showing any outward sign that the voice even exsisted. "But that is no matter, because whether you believe me or not, I am honouring my oath, though I must say I have missed you, your friendship, more than I ever missed my home."

She lies. That is all she does. Lie ot you as she slowly twines you around her finger to use you for her own gains. No, I don't beleive you. Truth is not dictated by whether you beleive me or not.

"Truthfully, home to me is wherever you are." Rion smiled, his heart expanding with what love he felt for Jocelyn. How much she seemed to care for him was always enjoyable to hear, always made any day brighter. For Rion it had come to a surpise that what made him the happiest was knowing that someone cared for you while for all his life he had thought himself best suited for a life of solitary.

"I have another gift I want to give you, So if you're done eating, we can go and get it now." Rion nodded enthusiastically, though he was slightly embaressed by all the attention and gifts he was being given today. If anything his heart finally winning out over his mind was enough of a present for the day.

Rion quickly stuffed the last of his plate in his mouth and started to put everything back in the basket. He set it aside and begn to fold up the rug so it would be easier to carry. He noticed as he stood with the rug that Jocelyn had taken the basket from it's resting spot, he smiled softly and turned so that his free arm was facing her.

Don't do it boy. No good came come from her. Rion simply smiled soflty and offered his arm slighty, his grin broadening as Jocelyn slipped her arm into his. The day was just getting better as the two made there way back to Dashiva's house. "I think you're begining to spoil me with all of this." Rion said to Jocelny as she leaned closer.

Rion

Jocelyn smiled at Rion's enthusiastic nod, helping him pack the basket, gathering her book and the packed basket as Rion folded the rug, smiling to herself as relief began flooding through her. So far she hadn't fallen from that precipice it seemed, Rion seemingly accepting her words with out argument.

Blinking, Jocelyn had to do a double take before she realise what Rion was doing. He was offering her his arm, just like he used to. Her eyes flicked to his face, the small smile on his lips causing her heart to swell with love, a smile crossing her own features as she looped her arm into his, walking alongside him contentedly as they headed back to the house.

"I think you're begining to spoil me with all of this." Jocelyn couldn't resist leaning towards him slightly, the way she used to, chuckling softly at his words. "Everyone deserves to be spoilt on their naming day." She replied, giving him a bright smile and squeezing his arm softly. It was so easy to sink into her memories of better days, to forget all that she had been through over the past few months, and remember what it had been like, to relish in Rion's warmth and quiet comfort.

Grinning like she hadn't in some time, Jocelyn let Rion open the door for her, before handing him the basket. "You look after these, while I get your present." Flashing him a quick grin she bounded up the stairs and into her little room, closing the door behind her. Walking to the narrow bed, she hesitated briefly before picking up the book on the bed, turning it over in her hands. It had taken a long time to get the book, the Karetheon Cycle. She remembered he had been looking for it when they went to Bander Eban, and it had proven very difficult yo find, not to mention costly. She had completed so many chores, made so many promised she would have to fulfill, but it was all worth it if it made Rion happy.

Opening the cover, she ran a finger over where she had penned a short note on the aged paper.

My Dearest Rion,

All my love on your naming day,

Jocelyn.

Turning it, the note she had written on a separate piece of parchment fell out onto her lap. Biting her lip, she unfolded the paper and read the words once more, still unsure as to whether to give it to him.

Rion,

The past months have given me much time alone with my thoughts, thoughts consumed by you. I love you, and always will, no matter what happens. But this poem keeps playing in my mind, and I had to share it with you, give you a tiny insight into the turmoil of my thoughts.

Jocelyn.

The sun comes up, I think about you.

The tea cup, I think about you.

I want you so, it's like I'm losing my mind...

The morning ends, I think about you.

I talk to friends, and think about you.

But do they know? It's like I'm losing my mind...

All afternoon doing every little chore

The thought of your stays bright.

Sometimes I stand in the middle of the floor,

Not going left, not going Right.

I douse the light, to think about you.

Spend sleepless nights, and think about you.

You said you loved me, or were you just being kind?

Or am I losing my mind?

Before she could think about it any further, Jocelyn hastily folded it once more and thrust it back into the book. Closing her eyes, she let out a long breath, before taking the book with her back downstairs to where Rion was waiting in the sitting room, perched impatiently on a chair.

"I hope you like it." She said softly, stomach churning as she pushed the old text into his hands, eyes roving his face anxiously as she waited for his reaction.

"Everyone deserves to be spoilt on their naming day." Rion smiled the tingling sensation that came with Jocelyn's touch, a sensation he had missed so much, shot through his arm as she squeezed it. He would have to remember all of this when it came to Jocelyn's nameday, as well as he would have to ask her when that was. He had a large debt to repay for all of this.

And so Rion found himself setting rug, book and blanket on a small table in Dashiva's sitting room and waiting for Jocelyn to return with whatever present she had in plan for him. His stomach fluttered in anticipation, and nervousness.

Rion looked up and smiled again as Jocelyn descended the stairs looking as beautiful as he had ever seen her. "I hope you like it. Rion reached out with a rather shaky hand and took the worn leather bound book.

His hand was shaking for many reasons, the formost was that he was almost sure he knew what the book was. He opened the cover slowly his mouth moving slowly as he read the title of the book. The Kareathon Cycle. He looked up slowly, "How?"

Rion shook his head and started slightly as a small note fell out onto the ground he paused before picking it up and read the note written on the inside cover. My Dearest Rion, All my love on your naming day, Jocelyn. A mixture of excitement and nervousness was bound in his stomach, along with an overwhelming feeling of love.

Slowly and reluctantly he set the book down beside him and picked up the paper that had fallen out and onto the floor. He opened it slowly and as he read the words printed on them he felt a small tear form in his eye.

The words made him feel like he had never felt before. He felt loved, wanted, needed. He couldn't describe what most of the feelings raging inside of him were, but he knew he had been a fool all along to distrust Jocelyn. He had been a fool these past months and not spent every moment he could possible find with her.

Rion folded the note back into it's original foldings and set it back in the pages of his gift, knowing he would keep and treasure both for as long as he lived. He turned back to Jocelyn, his heart beating quickly beneath his chest as his love for her soared.

He stepped foreward and wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug, his smile still lighting up his face. "I don't know what say. No one has ever given me something like this, I know how hard it must have been to find." His words were little more than a whisper, but he never stepped back or raised his voice.

Rion took a moment and breathed deeply the flowery scent flowing from Jocelyn as her hair tickled his chin as he spoke. "I don't think I know how I can ever thank you properly." Rion leaned back so that he was looking down into Jocelyn's eyes, though his arms were still wrapped around her. He no longer cared about the touch, instead of being repulsed he felt right being near Jocelyn. It was as if he wasn't complete with Jocelyn, the touch reminding him of just how much he needed. There was no itch between his shoulder blades, there was no wish that he was somewhere else, nor a wish that he was alone somewhere with a book.

"I liked the poem to. And I haven't told you enough, but I love you Jocelyn. Heart, soul and mind, I love you completely with everypart of my being." It simply felt right saying those words and following them with what he did next. His leaned down slowly and kissed Jocelyn softly at first, but he got caught up in the moment and held her close kissing her as best he could with a ferver that he had not known he possesed. Born more from an overwhelming sense of love than what little expirience he had, Rion kissed Jocelyn as best he could. His arms tightened around her waist and held her against him. And both heart and mind finally agreed on something, this was were he belonged. With Jocelyn.

Rion

Jocelyn's stomach churned even as Rion took the gift, the wonder in his eyes making it worthwhile, though no less nerve racking. She shrugged with a small smile when he asked how, thinking she would tell him later if he pressed her. The amount of favours she now owed, she wouldn't be leaving the farm in her lifetime, even if she wanted to.

The letter she had written fluttered to the floor and Jocelyn grimaced, clenching her hands into fists to prevent her from reaching it out and snatching back, once more terrified of his reaction. The day had proved the best since her stupid mistake, and now she feared she may have ruined it with her foolish need to express herself, even if she had been too gutless to say the words to his face.

She chewed her lip, wanting to turn and run rather than face his reaction, yet like a moth drawn to a flame she couldn't look away as he read, anxiety and a pitiful hope clenching her heart. She watched as he folded the note once more, slipping it back between the pages silently, drawing out her mental agony as he said nothing.

Heart thumping rapidly, Jocelyn thought she had never seen anything so wonderful as the bright smile that lit up his face, tears springing to her eyes as his arms circled her waist and he hugged her close. Unable to resist she wrapped her arms around him in return, smiling tremulously as the tears threatened to spill. Night after night she had longed for this moment, for him to forgive her and for things to go back the way they were. Now that it was happening she felt so overwhelmed, so much so that she could simply hold him silently, relief pouring through her.

"I don't know what say. No one has ever given me something like this, I know how hard it must have been to find." Jocelyn smiled and mumbled incoherently, still not quite trusting herself to speak, but thankful he liked the gift as much as she would have hoped. The Light new she would do anything for him, would give him the moon if she could.

Jocelyn tried to meet his gaze as Rion looked down at her, his arms still about her making her heart sing. He wasn't repulsed and pushing her away, angry. Still it was difficult, her eyes watery as they were, especially when he mentioned the poem. But his next words had her heart expanding with joy and love so much she thought she would burst, her eyes instantly seeking his out to make sure he wasn't jesting. "And I haven't told you enough, but I love you Jocelyn. Heart, soul and mind, I love you completely with everypart of my being."

Smiling tremulously, the first tears trickled down her cheek, tears of relief and joy and love. She thought she could just burst with happiness, her lower lip trembling slightly and her knees weak as Rion brought his mouth down on hers, the contact sending a jolt of sensation down her spine. Her heart soared as he kissed her sweetly, teasing her senses with his closeness as he drew her against him, kissing her with a passion she had only seen hinted at before now.

Closing her eyes Jocelyn surrendered to the embrace, kissing Rion back with all the love in her heart, letting go of all the worry and pain of the bast months as she clung to him, her arms twining round his neck as she matched his enthusiasm, not wanting to let go, ever. How she had ever managed to fool herself into thinking she needed to escape she didn't know, because nothing was so clear, nor so right, as being in Rion's arms. She was home.

Some time later Jocelyn finally lifted her head, smiling up at Rion through her tears, her fingers idly stroking through his hair. "I love you more than life." She whispered, tracing her fingers down his cheek wonderingly. "I'm so sorry for my idiocy, I could never leave you." She said earnestly, her emerald gaze piercing his own. "And I never will. This is my home." She said, smiling faintly as she pressed her hand on his chest, above his heart. Her smile spread slowly as she took in his features, thinking she would always remember the way he looked at that moment, his eyes bright, his lips swollen from their kisses, a blush staining his cheeks. Never had anything looked so wonderful as she moved onto her toes, her lips hovering just above his. "Besides, I still have much to teach you." She whispered, some of her old wicked gleam in her eyes as she once more brought her lips to his in a searing kiss.

Jocelyn

Rion half frowned as Jocelyn moved away from his kiss, though the breath of air he took in was welcome enough. He looked down into her eyes, seeing the tears on her face and making his brow crease in confusion. Though it remained for only a second as the tears were half forgotten because of the feeling of Jocelyn's hands moving through his hair.

"I love you more than life." Rion smiled broadly, moving a hand to brush away the remnants of the tears staining Jocelyn's cheeks to match the hers moving along his cheek. "I'm so sorry for my idiocy, I could never leave you. And I never will. This is my home." For Rion hearing the words that Jocelyn felt as if she was home was only second to hearing that she loved him. He had tried and tried in the begining to make Jocelyn see that the black tower could be her home, and knowing that she felt that way made Rion feel better.

Though even Rion's sense of home was begining to change quickly. Home was not something that had to stay in one spot. For Rion, and if he guessed right, and Jocelyn, home was not where you were in the world. Home was where the heart was, and now Rion's heart was firmly placed in Jocelyn's hand and his home was wherever she was.

His heart beat thunderously in his chest under Jocelyn's hand. His cheeks were aflame and he knew they were red but he didn't try and hide it, with Jocelyn he never would.

"Besides, I still have much to teach you." Rion smield sheepishly for a moment, remembering the familier gleam in Jocelyn's eye that spoke of her teasing him. He leaned his head forward and met Jocelyn's lips eagerly, his pulse racing and his stomach fluttering again.

Moments turned into hours, seconds an eternity as Jocelyn kissed him. He broked the touch reluctantly after a while. He dragged air into his lungs and smiled and tried to slow his racing heart.

Rion opened his eyes slowly and looked down into Jocelyn's green gaze, losing himself in the look for a few moments. With a deep breath Rion tried his hand at spoken words. "You know I am always an attentive student." Rion moved his head so that his lips pressed softly against the skin of Jocelyn's neck. He was blissfully unaware of the full meaning of his words as he didn't even remotely consider what Jocelyn was hinting at, thinking what she had to teach him was just another kiss. "And you are always a wonderful teacher." To Rion what Jocelyn was hinting at was for husband and wife, and since he and Jocelyn were not it did not cross his mind.

Rion kissed Jocelyn's neck softly, before on an impulse grazing his teeth along the soft skin. He wasn't sure what had prompted the action but the excited tingling along his spine made him do it again.

Rion lifted his head slowly, still grining like an idiot. His stomach was still doing flips and his cheeks still had a hint of red, but Rion no longer cared. "I don't know how I'll be able to match all this on your nameday. I'll just have to try hard." Rion would try very hard to try and match a portion of what Jocelyn had done for him today, but from how much he was enjoying his nameday it would be difficult.

Rion

Jocelyn couldn't wipe the stupid grin from her face. Never had she felt so light, so happy, so wanted. No one had ever made her feel the way Rion did, as though she was special, wanted. A person, not just an object. That was something she would treasure all of her days, and never grow tired of.

"You know I am always an attentive student." Her pulse fluttered wildly in her neck as Rion lowered his head, pressing his lips against the smooth skin at her neck. "And you are always a wonderful teacher." Love seemed to have broken a dam within him, his words bold, and his actions moreso as his teeth lightly grazed her neck, sending a shiver of awareness down her spine. Indeed, he did seem to be a fast learner, taking initiative with a boldness she didn't know he possessed.

"I don't know how I'll be able to match all this on your nameday. I'll just have to try hard." She smiled up at him lovingly, stroking a hand across his cheek. "Just being with you will be more than enough." She said softly. Her eyes searched his wonderingly, still amazed that at long last all that she had hoped and wished for had come to pass. He had forgiven her, and he loved her. And she would never leave his side.

Jocelyn sighed happily, burying her face into his chest and hugging him tight, simply enjoying the closeness, his heart pounding beneath her ear. And to think she had a whole lifetime of this bliss. Her lips twisted wryly. She had never expected to find someone she could tolerate enough to be with for a lifetime, let alone someone she could love with all of her heart. And to think she had hated the idea of her parents marrying her off. Well she still did, in fact now she was happier than ever that she had refused. It was just surprising that the thought of marrying Rion didn't make her flinch like the whole prospect of marriage once made her do.

Marriage? She was thinking about marriage? It was almost laughable, Jocelyn, the girl who had seen too much and known too much of the world for her own good would want to settle down and marry, a sweet innocent man at that. Well surprising or not, she couldn't deny that the prospect was a pleasant one. Besides, Rion was a gentleman, an innocent one at that, even if she was corrupting him terribly. She wanted to do things right. It was just finding out if he thought the prospect was a good one or not that would be the issue. She couldn't ask him herself, could she? Immediately she dismissed the idea out of hand. Let the man get used to the idea of forgiving you first! She chided herself. In the meantime she would content herself with what she could, and would endeavour to keep her hands to herself.

"The day isn't over yet." She said, lifting her head and grinning up into Rion's smiling face. Stepping up onto her toes she planted a soft kiss on the end of his nose, before pulling out of his warm embrace and taking his hand. "Come, let's see how my creating turned out." She said, eyes glinting warmly as she led him into the kitchen, guiding him to a chair and ordering him to sit. Unable to resist she dropped another soft kiss on his inviting lips before heading to the window, peeking under the cloth to check the cake before taking it to the table.

Setting it down, she whipped off the cloth with a flourish. "No naming day is complete without a cake." She declared, eyeing it with a small amount of pride. It looked delicious, though whether it was as tasty as it appeared was yet to be seen. "I do hope you like honeycake." She said with a smile, fetching a knife and some plates, before handing them to him. "I'll let you do the honours, but I should warn you - I haven't attempted one of these before, and I will not be responsible for any illness you may come down with!" Giggling light heartedly, she took a seat close by Rion's side and watched as he served them each a piece. Who would have thought that she would have found such menial chores satisfying? Certainly not she.

Jocelyn couldn't help but smile as Rion eyed the cake somewhat warily, taking his time to lift it to his lips. "I promise my cooking isn't nearly so bad as it was in the beginning!" She protested with a soft chuckle, beckoning him to taste the treat with a playful poke to his ribs.

~Jocelyn

Rion eyed the cake in front of him a little suspiciously as he cut off some pieces and served them to himself and Jocelyn. Her cooking this morning had been excelent, but he couldn't help but remember what it had been before. Especially since she had never tried her hand at a cake before.

"I promise my cooking isn't nearly so bad as it was in the beginning!" Rion smiled and took a piece of the cake with his fork lifting it to his mouth slowly. She probobly poisoned it. Oh shut up! Rion took a bite and immediately his grin widened. It was delicious.

He took another bite quickly and turned to smile brightly at Jocelyn. He swallowed quickly so not to try and speak with a full mouth. "This is wonderful!" Rion said quickly before diving back at his cake. He ate quickly for a few moments before slowing himself down so as not to look a fool shoveling food into his mouth like there was no tommorow.

Rion paused and set his fork down to move his chair closer to Jocelyn. Without thinking Rion took a piece of the cake and turned to Jocelyn. She looked up and Rion rubbed his thumb across her lips and then ducked his head, kissing her softly and licked the cake off. "Even better."

Rion blushed furiosly at his boldness when he moved backwards, not quite sure what had brought that on. The mood of the time, the overwhelming sense of love inside of him and the fact that he enjoyed kissing tremendously was pushing him towards things he had seen people do but never had thought he would.

Rion was quickly trying to learn how to be romantic, how to live with someone who loved you. He was begining to find out that being Jocelyn's 'special friend' and the person she loved were similar, if not the same and took some heart in that. He only hoped he didn't look like a fool with his copying of what he had seen at the few weddings he had been to, or the few things he had seen outside the farm.

Rion smiled sheepishly and reluctantly took his gaze from Jocelyn, taking another bite from the wonderful cake in front of him. But still he didn't try and hide the blush, in fact he moved a little bit closer to Jocelyn until his knee was touching hers.

Rion

Jocelyn let out a relieved breath when Rion gave a genuine smile, which quickly broadened to a grin as he tucked into the sweet with gusto. Clearly she had done well with the cake, something that pleased her immensely. "This is wonderful!"Beaming with pride, Jocelyn couldn't help but smile at the way Rion ate with enthusiasm, eating the cake like it was his last.

Smiling as Rion shuffled his chair closer to hers, Jocelyn couldn't help the widening of her eyes as Rion brushed crumbs across her lips, before ducking his head to kiss her, his tongue darting out to collect the remnants of cake. Her stomach flipped, awareness and desire shooting down her spine. "Even better." Mothers’ milk in a cup but it was going to be difficult to keep her hands to herself if he was going to make such irresistibly sexy gestures such as that one. Likely he didn’t even realise the affect he had on her, but Jocelyn was finding that his sweet innocence mixed with his bold curiosity was a terribly hard thing to resist.

Rion pulled away, blushing furiously, and Jocelyn couldn't help but wonder who was more surprised by his actions, himself or her. A terribly pleasant surprise, nonetheless. Her heart swelled with love, liking the way he blushed in that manner, highlighting the fact that his actions were not calculated, but more carried out as though he just couldn't help himself. Jocelyn took it as a huge compliment, and as a sign that his love motivated him.

His love. Just thinking about it gave her little chills of happiness. She would never have believed she could be so happy, jut knowing that the one she loved returned the sentiment. Light, it was crazy enough being as deeply in love with Rion as she was. Having it returned was the most incredible feeling, like nothing else she had ever experienced. And she knew, deep down, that it was not a passing phase, like so many things in her life. This was not just a way to amuse herself for a time. This was real, and this was lasting. She had a whole lifetime of this bliss to look forward to.

Grinning at his sheepish smile, Jocelyn picked up her own fork and tried the cake, pleased to find that Rion had not been lying, that it was indeed delicious. Amazing, who would have thought that spoiled little Jocelyn would ever learn to cook, and enjoy it at that? She smirked, wondering just what her mother would think if she knew. Likely she would have a fit, she herself had not been one to encourage Jocelyn towards 'menial domestic chores', especially while ever there were servants on hand to do it for them.

A slight pressure at her knee made Jocely lift her eyes with a smile, amazed at just how much her admission seemed to have emboldened Rion. If she didn't know better, she would hardly believe it was the same man, initiating contact had been something he had never been forward in doing. Perhaps it had been pure shyness, and now he felt freer to be bold, where before he had been timid? She wasn't sure exactly why, but either way he was going to make her resolve very difficult.

Shifting so that she was pressed against Rion's side from knee to hip, she turned towards him, looping an arm around his neck and lifting a morsel of cake to his lips with her free hand, devilish smile playing about her lips. Turning her head, she whispered into his ear, so that her breath tickled him lightly. "You do make it difficult for me to mind my manners." She purred nipping his ear lobe gently with her teeth as her finger toyed with his lower lip. Far too difficult indeed.

~Jocelyn

Rion was nearly already blushing, recognizing the smile on Jocelyn's face. But he no longer feared it, he welcomed it knowing that it would be something that would make him blush. And he had a tendency to enjoy whatever Jocelyn would do to make him blush.

It was strange thinking how little shyness he retained around Jocelyn. Rion was beginignt to attribute it to the fact that they were in love, but it was no small part that he enjoyed the touch, the kiss, more than anything else. Strange. For once the why and the how didn't really matter, he only enjoyed the fact that it was.

Though enjoying the sensation of Jocelyn pressed against him and controlling the blush that came from it were to entirely different things, though at the moment it seemed his blush would never really go away and the events just made it stay indefinately. The heat coming from Jocelyn's leg as she pressed against him from knee to hip made Rion's pulse race and his stomach flip.

"You do make it difficult for me to mind my man." Rion could not help but wonder as Jocelyn lifted a piece of cake to his mouth and he closed his mouth around it, the feeling of her teeth on her ear sending a shiver of pleasure down his spine, what had led to two so different people falling in love.

On one there was a Domani who showed every capability that her heritage suggested, and sitting next to her a bookish Andoran noble who's only knowledge of what Jocelyn had been taught was from the escapades of long dead kings and queens. Rion was stumbling and guessing at what he should do to express how much he loved Jocelyn and to excite her, hitting the mark with no intention and almost accidentally. While Jocelyn knew what she was doing, and did it well.

Rion heart raced as Jocelyn's finger traced over, an emotion he had never truly felt rising inside of him. Or at least never really aknoweldged. Desire coursed through Rion's viens, though to him the emotion was a foreign one only introduced by Jocelyn and only induced by Jocelyn.

Rion smiled and again closed his lips around Jocelyn's finger, pulling them back slowly. His ear still tingled from the small bite that had elicited such a strange response. As his hand moved to take the one Jocelyn was tracing his lips with, Rion turned his head and kissed Jocelyn on the jaw, moving his lips along her skin to kiss her neck. "Who needs manners?" He mumbled softly as he nuzzled Jocelyn's neck for a few moments, enjoying his boldness immensly.

His boldness only seemed to take him so far at these times as he moved away after a few moments, though he was still pressed firmly to Jocelyn's side. He still couldn't fully lose his shyness and it took over occasionally. He took the last bite of his cake to make an excuse for him moving away. He moved his free hand from Jocelyn's to rest lightly on her thigh, looking at Jocelny from the corner of his eye as he swallowed. His hand was shaking slightly, he couldn't help that, but he didn't move it away.

Rion turned back to Jocelyn and suprisingly, to him at least, was able to meet her emerald gaze. He was getting better at controlling his shyness at least. "They're overrated anyways." Rion squeezed his hand lightly, the small grin of his plastered to his face as he lost himself for a few moments in the emerald pools in front of him.

Rion

Jocelyn chuckled softly as her action of feeding Rion cake backfired in a most pleasureable manner, Rion's lips closing about the tip of her finger, eilciting a quicker heartbeat and a slight widening of her eyes. Who would have thought her sweet, shy, bookworm could be so forward? It was a compliment though, showing just how comfortable Rion had become with her.

A shiver ran down her spine, her breath catching in her throat as Rion's mouth blazed a trail across her jaw to her neck, her skin prickling in response. Light, but it took all the restraint she had not to climb into his lap and kiss him until he didn't know up from down. "Who needs manners?" Her eyes flickered closed and she let out a long breath as he nuzzled her throat, sighing with a mingle of relief and dismay when he pulled his mouth away. Light, it was such sweet torture!

Taking the opportunity as he finished the cake to try and compose herself, Jocelyn smiled when Rion met her gaze, the fathomless depth of his blue eye holding her captive as his words brought a smile to her lips. "They're overrated anyways."Her smile was rueful as she noted the added pressure as his hand lightly squeezed her thigh, further increasing the heat already flooding her veins. If she had been told a year ago that a bookish innocent would have her blood boiling with raw desire, she would have laughed uproariously, yet she could not deny her response to Rion's touch. It was amazing, what love could do.

Jocelyn shook her head slightly, still smiling as she stroked his cheek affectionately. "If you had any idea what kind of thoughts you are provoking in my mind, you may think otherwise." She chuckled softly, leaning over to drop a kiss on the end of his nose. She grinned, gazing into his eyes. "Don't worry my love, one day soon enough I shall enlighten you and teach you all I know." Her voice lowered to a husky purr as she cupped his cheeks, kissing him softly.

Lifting her head once more, she smiled brightly. "Well now, it's your naming day, and you still have a free afternoon...how would you like to spend it?" Jocelyn asked, trying to firm her resolve to teach him no more of her talents until the day she could claim him as her own, her husband. But light, it was going to be hard, especially when it was proving so difficult already. "The day is yours, and I am at your service." She added with a grin, eyes sparkling with mischief and love.

~Jocelyn