DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Loss of Mothers

Alyria AlVire

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:32 am Post subject: the loss of mother's

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liitha picked up her things to leave but as she was about to pass the accepted, “Litha, I would like to speak to you further about your experience with your mother. I have recently gone through something similar. Could you come to my quarters in the Accepted Dorm in two hours?â€

Liitha watched the accepted, what was she geting at, no mather "I can not, you should be aware that less of official duties we are not allowed to enter the initiates quarters. As for my mother i know litle, but maybe seeing how you held the knowledge to teach this class you can tell me things which could be of use to understand what happened, I am going to the libary and probably will be there all the afternoon. " she looked at the girl, "if you want to talk to me you can find me there"

she walked calmly out of the class room, accepteds where practising beeing Aes Sedais and could as such sometimes be as bad as them. Liitha prefered to stay away, even if there had been those she had gained help from, and the day would come she proabably would allow one to bond her, but it didnt mean she would have to deal with every single one of them if she could avoid it, not the least get caugth up in their scheams.

She headed down to the libary and asked directions to the shadowspawn books, there where a few things she wanted to investigate. Picking out several books from the shelves she found a quiet corner to sit down in, as she got caugth up in reading she didnt even notice time passing.

SG Executive and Temp DL-..Come to Shayol Ghul Division

Details on My Chars

Mysti –Tatooist channeler

Ata Sedai–Yellow/Blue bonded to Nuitari

Liitha Dorje–TG&Blademaster to be

M’bela wa Askari–Dreadlady, Dreamwalker, Damane

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alyria felt like a fool as she listened to Liitha's words. She new darn well that she should have suggested the Gardens or even the library, but neither place would be free of ears and prying eyes. She felt herself redden as Liitha spoke. "I can not, you should be aware that less of official duties we are not allowed to enter the initiates quarters. As for my mother i know little, but maybe seeing how you held the knowledge to teach this class you can tell me things which could be of use to understand what happened, I am going to the library and probably will be there all the afternoon. If you want to talk to me you can find me there" Alyria watched in awe as the woman walked away. She seemed very strong willed, even forceful at times, yet when she mentioned her mother, as softness crept onto her face.

Alyria headed off to her One Power class, trying very hard through it all, not to fidget. When the class was over, she headed straight to the library, hoping Liitha was as good as her word. As she walked through the library, she spotted her. She was bent over a book, appearing to be deep in thought. Alyria looked the woman over, noting how her hair was black as night, her body was lean and trim, showing a hint of muscle beneath the skin. Smoothing her skirts, Alyria walked over to the tale Liitha was at. "Is this seat taken?" she asked softly. Liitha gestured to the seat, not saying a word.

Alyria sat in silence, staring into the woman's eyes: they were almost a dark as her hair. She broke the long stare and looked at some of the books the woman had in front of her. Alyria rested her cheek on her left hand and spoke softly to the woman, "You said you have some questions I might be able to answer to help you understand things about your mothers death? Would you like to tell me some of them so I might see if I can help you find the answers?" Liitha did not answer, so Alyria pressed on. "Maybe it would be easier if I told you of my loss first?" Alyria swallowed deeply. The death of her mother, and the incident that had happened was still fresh in her mind. She felt the tears start to well up in her eyes as she tried desperately to blink them away. Finally feeling her composure come back, she heard the woman begin to speak.

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentee to Tiassale Morobin

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Ata

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:49 pm Post subject:

"Is this seat taken?" Liitha looked up and saw the accepted, then cast a glance out the window, had really that much time passed. "You said you have some questions I might be able to answer to help you understand things about your mothers death? Would you like to tell me some of them so I might see if I can help you find the answers?" She looked at the woman trying to gather her thougths on what had been going through her mind two hours away.

"Maybe it would be easier if I told you of my loss first?"

She could see the woman swallow hard, her eyes seemed to wet. To avoid that going any futher as whatever had happened still was hurtfull to this woman, not like liitha who had after many years finaly fully accepted the loss.

"My mother came to the yard when she was young, incidents lead to that descision. She trained to one day become a warder, she however was somewhat wild." Liitha wish she knew more of her life and not just the last few months of her life, "her pregnance was not planed on so to speak, she ran away to give birth in secretsy, she was returning to the yard when she was killed. She would have reached Tar Valon before nigthfall, but on a rare ocation spawn had goten out of the bligth, my mother was killed by a fade who eascaped while the guards comeing to her rescue fougth of the handfull of trollocs who had acompanied her. It was a friend of her who came first, i am not sure of the details around what happened. "

She shook her head "I can but guess with bits and pieces of info, i havent found any of those who could truly tell me what happened. And i must say i accepted the loss and wont try to dig it up again, it lays decades into the past and is history. I came to the yard to finish what she started and as such learn about her soul and heart, thats what mather most now."

Details on My Chars

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:09 pm Post subject:

Alyria felt her heart go out to the woman. Losing a mother is hard enough, but to know she was killed by a fade so close to town, made it even harder. She could appreciate Liitha's strength, wishing she had it to hid her own feelings of loss. She was shocked that she could let the matter go, accept the loss, but found it fascinating none the less. "You say you came to finish what your mother started? How exactly are you doing that? What I mean is, how do you know what your mother started? How are you learning about her heart and soul? Is there someone here who knew her?"

Alyria wanted to comfort the woman, share in her pain. She found her strength and integrity fascinating. She sat in silence as she listened to the woman talk.

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Ata

DM Member

Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:48 pm Post subject:

"You say you came to finish what your mother started? How exactly are you doing that? What I mean is, how do you know what your mother started? How are you learning about her heart and soul? Is there someone here who knew her?"

Liitha looked at the other woman, somehow she seemed fascinated. It wasnt of any mather, she closed the book she had been reading in. "My mother came here and started in the warders to one day become just that. Her soul and heart went into learning the sword so that one day she could be a protector. This.." she motioned with her hand in a sweap, "..is what became her life, becoming a part of that...to make it my life shows me her heart and soul..it shows me what she was dedicated to" dedicated enough to leave me and give me up liitha thougth, but she already came to terms with that.

She knew now, in her mothers shoes she would have done the same, there where no place in her mothers life for a child, as there where no place in hers. Her foster parents had had great joy of raising her, and she had had a good childhood, the yard was no place for a kid, her mother had made the rigth choise and she understood it to well.

Details on My Chars

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:18 pm Post subject:

"My mother came here and started in the warders to one day become just that. Her soul and heart went into learning the sword so that one day she could be a protector. This.." she motioned with her hand in a sweep, "..is what became her life, becoming a part of that...to make it my life shows me her heart and soul..it shows me what she was dedicated to" Liitha said. Alyria completely understood where Liitha was coming from. She too wanted to be like her mother, follow in her footsteps, but she knew it would bever be. She was not part of the blood line, plus, she had already seen the next in line crowned on the throne. She gave a small smile as she looked over Liitha.

"It seems you have endured quite a bit to be here Liitha. I am sure your mother would be most proud of you and whom you have become. I hope that someday you become a Warder, and learn to be the protector that you wish to be." Alyria smiled, taking a deep breath before she continued.

"You have told me of your loss, now I will tell you of mine. My real mother died of loneliness when I was younger. My father left us, after he became sick. As I grew older, and came to the tower, I realized my father's sickness was brought on by him being able to channel. He left and then my mom passed away from the loneliness caused by missing him. I was left alone on the streets at the age of 7, with nothing to my name except the clothing on my back. I was taken in by the First of Mayene. She raised me the rest of these years, teaching me to be a queen. My mother was murdered by the same assasin that attacked, and almost killed me a few months back." Alyria took a deep breath. " I do not know who hired the person, or why, but I swear, someday, I will exact my revenge on them." She drew a ragged breath as she looked at the woman. "I need some air. Would you like to go for a walk in the gardens?"

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentor to Taei Mirel

Ata

DM Member

Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:37 pm Post subject:

Liitha listened to what the girl told her, or woman she figured, she just goten so used to how the tower worked, but surely the accepted migth already be older then Liitha herself. She rose and put the books back in the shelves, "some air is always good" she already got the look around she wanted as she returned the books, now she opened the window and climbed into it then sliped outside before calling in. "you coming?"

Liitha idely let her eyes roam the garden she found herself in. It was indeed beautifull, though not the same she many years ago had landed in when jumping out another window of the libary. Slowly she bendt down and fliped a dagger out of her sleve cuting off a white rose, then let the knife disapear up her sleve as she rose the flower to her nose taking in the sweet scent.

Details on My Chars

Alyria's eyes opened wide in shock as she watch Liitha clinb out the window of the Library. She looked around quickly, hoping she wouldn't get caught. Alyria was starting to like Liitha and didn't want to see her in trouble. "you coming?" Liitha said with a smile.

Alyria took a deep breath and gave a smile. She gathered her skirts with her hands and followed the woman out the window as well. She had never before gone out a window, and surprised herself at how much fun it was. The thrill of almost getting caught made it even better.

Once on the ground, Alyria turned and looked in the garden. The flowers were all in full bloom as she stepped quickly to catch up with Liitha. She breathed deeply in, letting the smell of the flowers wash over her. Alyria noticed it was getting late, the sun was beginning to set as they walked in silence.

"So, tell me Liitha, how has your time as a tower guard? DO you find yourself wanting more? Will you be bonded someday as an Aes Sedai's Warder?" Alyria gave a blush as she realized the amount of questions she had just asked. She knew Liitha was looking her over, trying to judge her, but she was curious about the woman...about her drive to go on. She was strong and hard, both emotionally and physically, something Alyria was striving to be. She looked at the flowers as Liitha talked, pausing every now and then to smell the roses and lillies.

Liitha watched the woman as she came out, she kept her smile to herself. For a while they walked in silence taking in the smell and sound of the spring about to turn into summer.

Liitha turned towards the woman as she asked questions. She thougth about the words before leting them out, you knewer knew about those Aes Sedai and what they could lay in words, Alyria was an accepted but they tried their best to imitate the Aes Sedai.

"Its been training preparing me and helping me shape into what i am, the yard is my home now. How knows what will happen one day, I am open for it, it was the aim of my mother. Either way I'll serve the tower till my grave, thats the path I chosen and thats the one I intend to stay on, wheter in a bond or not."

She droped the flower and looked to the sky, it was growing late.