DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Poltergeist Remake?!

Almearafan

There are very few movie villians that REALLY give me the creeps.  The hat man in Poltergeist is one of them. 

Well found this link this morning while trolling on Scifi.com.  http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/13363

Apparently they are re-making Poltergeist, and I post a question to the 'Chan...Do you think it's a good idea?

I'm personally a big fan of re-making anything that can put new technologies to good use, however; there seems to be a quality to some older films (like the first Poltergeist) that adds to the creepiness factor.  So, will re-making it, with better technologies, have the effect of enhancing the experience for a movie like Poltergeist, or will it take away from the original quality?

*please note that I'm personally only speaking of the first one.  The 2nd one and the 3rd one were OK, but nothing like the 1st one as far as I'm concerned.

And just for S&G - Other creeps that creep me out:

Pinhead from Hellraiser-doesn't give me nightmares, but when I think about coming face to face with him...OMG.

The Gentlemen-From Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Episode in Season 4: Hush)-Yes I know it's not a movie.

Carrie-cause...HELL to the NO!

Damien-from The Omen

Michael Myers-At least the earlier incarnations of him.

Psycho bitch from Grudge

Jack Torrance-The Shining

Regan-First Exorcist

There are probably more, but can't think of any right now.

Good topic.  Yes this will not hold a candle to the original.  Amytville Horror and the Omen remake come to mind.  Stop messing with classic horror and make new horror.

Good list of creepiness there... and here goes mine.  Not much freaks me out in the theatres... but whenever a ghost does that slow walk... you know... the stutter step... well... that freaks me the hell out.

Regan/Devil - Exorcist :  The whole thought of getting possessed really wigged me out when I was a kid.  I thought the devil lived under my bed for a few weeks after I saw it.

The Thing - An alien that turns itself inside out whenver it is found out really creeped me out.

Alright, so when the ring was in theaters, a whole group of us went to see it together, and me and my ex had seen it previously.  So just after the first time they played the video the whole way through, we called the most scare-able and gullible of our party.  One screamed and the other turned pale(and I mean sheet white).  We were about 30 seconds after the call in the movie, so it was perfect.

I was afraid of David Bowie's character in the Labyrinth.  Though Pennywise the clown was another one that bugged me.

Archived