DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite Quirks

Nateku

Reading through the series just gets better every time I do it. This time through, I've noticed more little things, many of which I find entertaining. One of my favorites is how Nynaeve always complains about new clothes and wearing skimpy outfits, yet she picks them out herself and everyone around her notices how fashion centered she is. It makes me giggle.

How about you guys. What quirky little habits or observations have you all made about WoT characters?

I just noticed this today on my reread of LOC.  The girls are always worrying about Rand getting a swelled head from being the Dragon Reborn, but when Mat hears about Nynaeve healing Logain, Siuan, and Leane, he worries about her getting a swelled head.  Also, a lot of the Nynaeve viewpoints are funny because she thinks everyone else is ungrateful and ill-mannered.

One last thing which is a little ominous rather than funny.  I've noticed on my rereads that starting with TDR, all the other characters start to notice strange and disturbing behavior on Rand's part that Rand himself barely notices.  I noticed it before, but it really stood out for me on this reread.

It hasn't happened much if at all in the later books but I always enjoyed the way any time Mat or Perrin or Rand would have some type of confrontation with a woman they would always think to themselves how the other friend was always so good with the ladies and would know what to do.

I found it amusing the first few times. After that it drove me mad. I understand that it is real and typical but it was repeated so many times that...urgh.

Does anyone else enjoy Aiel humor as much as I do? It bothers me when people like Rand dont understand it, yet he has had at least as long as I have to get used to it. My favorite example is when some Aiel (Stone Dogs?) were guarding the tent Rand Travels to and the Maidens are chiding them for guarding an empty tent, saying would they get drunk if they drank from empty cups. I laughed out loud when I read that

Does anyone else enjoy Aiel humor as much as I do? It bothers me when people like Rand dont understand it, yet he has had at least as long as I have to get used to it. My favorite example is when some Aiel (Stone Dogs?) were guarding the tent Rand Travels to and the Maidens are chiding them for guarding an empty tent, saying would they get drunk if they drank from empty cups. I laughed out loud when I read that

It was Thunder Walkers guarding the tent.  I remember because one of the Maidens said the Thunder Walkers sound like thunder when standing still.  (They fart)

I like the TW's repoist that Maidens, being women, can't shut up.

I like Aiel humor and, as well, don't understand why Rand doesn't get any of it by now, or why a lot of people can't. I've pretty much always gotten it  :P

I don't know if this counts as a character quirk but I'm thinking abotu that 400-year-old free damane thats running around (can't think of her name atm) who's stronger than Nyna... I just find it curious after so long she doesn't have the typical damane attitude. I guess I find it plausible, just odd.

Guest Dreadlord

Thats Alivia, shes the ones thats guna help Rand die.

I like how Mat sort of stepped into being Olvers father figure without really thinking much about it. And, as someone else said before, it makes me laugh when Mat blames Vanin and the others for Olvers behaviour

Archived