DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Shawshank is #1

Haxorsist

The Shawshank Redemption has now reached the number one spot on the IMDb Top 250 rankings. Yeah, who cares, but I thought the way it got to number one was funny. If it's true, that is. According to one of the posters at the Shawshank forums over at imdb, the reason that Shawshank reached number one is because the Godfather fans and the Batman fans have a bit of a feud.

When The Dark Knight was released it reached number one right away. No biggie, a lot of new movies that are good get a high ranking for a while, but I don't know if anyone has ever gotten to #1. Well, this pissed of the Godfather fans and they started giving The Dark Knight a rating of 1 to push it down the list. Of course this pissed off the fans of The Dark Knight, so they started giving the Godfather 1s. The result is that Shawshank is rated number one, The Godfather is at #2 and The Dark Knight #3.

I didn't know people had so strong fealings about the Top 250, but apparently they do. :)

Can you believe

That I haven't seen The God Father, all the way through?

*gasp*

In your case, yes I can believe that.

I have never looked at that list, and seeing thses rankings does not really make me interested in paying attention to it.

The Dark Knight should not make top 20. Shawshank should not make top 50. The Godfather 1 & 2 should be top 10, but probably not #1.

And none of the lotr movies should be in top 20 either for that matter.

Archived