DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Finally posting...

jezzahardin

Hello!

I've lurked here for a year or two and read through The Wheel of Time 3 times now.  Once stopping at 10 as that was the last book available and twice after 11 (obviously!).  Anyway, I'm boring myself here with these details.

I'm roughly 27 and have been for a little less than a year.  I'm a 3d artist working on films and I have dreamed (as I mentioned elsewhere on here) of directing live action versions of these books in whatever form I would be allowed.  We'll see how that goes, as I've got no leads and the rights just sold AGAIN. ;)

In the meantime, it's nice to have found a community of like minded people.  Full-on fans of these books seem to be few and far between in my non-computer life.

So feel free to call me Jezz rather than the full name, and nice to meet you all.  (Oh, and be kind correcting me if I've gone and posted something somewhere I shouldn't.  :) )

Yeah those crazies are annoying.

I have a few questions.

1.  Do you age slower than most of us?  Cause I have been my age for less than a year too. *g*

2. Can we call you Jazz instead?  I mean I like Jezz but it makes me think of jazz and then I start singing "All that Jazz" from Chicago and before you know it I am doing jazz hands with my imaginary top hat on.

3. Now that we have determined you bring out the broadway in me, do some jazz hands for us and sing us your favorite tune. 

I apologize for myself.  I am sure someone else will be along shortly to appropriately welcome you. 

Welcome to DM!

It is always good to see lurkers become active posters! :)

Have a look at the stickies on the New Members board - they give you a lot of information about what to expect at the site.

Is there anything that really tickles your tastebuds??

But whatever you do at DM, have fun! :)

Hello jezz and welcome!  Since your in 'the business' I guess you'll soon be a part of 'the family'  ;) , but the Illuminators are where most of the artists go. 

Have fun and come by the Stedding sometime to say hello!  :)

*shelters Jezz from the crazies* Pay no attention to the man with the jazz hands. He is merely a figment of our worst nightmares.  :-*

Welcome to DM! I am glad you decided to join us. If you have any questions feel free to ask. *whispers* I know where they hide the good rum!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Raeyn, Lurksville was a bit drab.  The crazies are a nice change of pace.  :)

Emperor, yeah, just thinking of a less boring way to describe one's age.  You can call me Jazz (some people do), but my jazz hands are atrocious.  I look like I'm having a fit or something.  Avoid at all costs.

Corki, to be honest I'm not sure.  Community itself appeals, but I'm watching the activities to see if anything sparkles to me.

Loreina, thanks for the info.  I shall pay the Illuminators a visit and admire the talent.

Spirit1025, alas, I have not.  Though some of the artwork I've seen here is very inspiring.  I have brainstormed a little bit about the visual effects and 'look'.  Wanted to do a certain bit of the book (can I mention which here?) as a short film to pitch to Harriet, but it's fallen to the back burner.  Lack of time has really limited what I can do on my own.  CGI is not a quick art form (less so than other forms anyway) and my time is given to the employer of late (as they pay me to make their things!).

Eqwina, Rum??  :) :)  Excellent.

Archived