DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT News Universal Pictures announces Wheel of Time movie

Dragonmount.com

• Administrator

Universal Pictures announces Wheel of Time movie

Variety has published a report announcing that Universal Picures has acquired the rights to the Wheel of Time series and intends to create a big-budget live action film. Here are the details below:

Universal spinning “Wheel of Time”

Studio nabs film rights to Robert Jordan book

By SAM THIELMAN

Universal Pictures has acquired film rights to the late [...]

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=362

• 4 weeks later...

I don't see how they could do the book justice without having at least two or three, three hour movies for each book.

I agree, but it does look like that is what they are doing:

"Adaptations of the fantasy tomes will begin with the first book in the cycle, “The Eye of the World.” Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will produce for Red Eagle Entertainment, which published graphic novel adaptations of Jordan’s books."

I think it's great! Dragonmount will be hopping with new fans!

It does look like it will be awhile, though. No director or actors have been announced yet.

I just joined and did see this when browsing the old 'net and I think it should be an awesome project... it would be very refreshing to see a new take on this especially considering that P. Jackson and Del Toro will be doing The Hobbitt shortly as well.. Eye of the World may be able to piggy back off it's huge success... *crosses fingers

I would love to see a WoT movie. However, I strongly suspect that it will not come close to doing the books justice unless, as before mentioned, each book is made into 9hrs of film.

Also, what do you all think about the movie being made in …I don’t know what it’s called, the type of movie that’s computer animated-the way 300 and Beowulf were made.

• 2 years later...
Guest Fuzzyewok

Would it even be possible to make a movie series for the books. The movies, as you guys have said, would have to be at least like 9 hours long. If that is so then there would be no way they could keep the same actors for all 13 books. I think that they will have to make it like Beowolf or they could try to make it into a series on television, which I think would be a cool idea. But my honest opinion, I want them to make a movie, but they will most likely ruin the movies and it will be a real let down for everyone. So I think they should just not make a movie and keep it at the books.

Archived