DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Moraine and Lanfear (Those who have not read KOD don't read this)

Duneflayer

ok hers just an interesting questtion i don't really see how we could know but its just a thought.

How come Lanfear died in FoH and Moraine didn't i mean we all know that moraine is gona get rescued in MoL and we all know that Lanfear has been reserected cause she died when they both wnet through the portal type Terangreal (I hope i spelled that right) so why did Moraine live and Lanfear die?

I would assume that once through the arches Lanfear rubbed the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn the wrong way and Moiraine played nice.

I agree with Mighty Chin on this one.  I think once on the other side Lanfear showed her normal true colors and they didn't like it.  Another possibility would be if somehow Moiraine managed to kill her on the way through the door, however; I don't think that's likely.  I have a feeling that as soon as they got through the door and natives immediately grabbed them up and began the questioning process.  Creepiness and all!

I would assume that once through the arches Lanfear rubbed the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn the wrong way and Moiraine played nice.

I think none but robert jordan knew enough about both the aelfinn or eelfinn to figure this out. However going by the details we know from the books and guessing that the restrictions about the shadow effect both aelfinn and eelfinn. I am going to guess that the foxes killed Lanfear on the basis that she is so connected to the shadow that they wanted her gone from their little pocket plane of existance. One sniff of her life experiences and they killed her.

Majsju I don't remember anything giving us info about how much time lanfear spent with the foxes. Just that the great lord of the dark put her soul into a new body and ishy now has her as a slave. The delay from her death to reappearance could just be the great lord waiting for a body.

Also, there isn't direct evidence that the Aelfinn or Eelfinn are enemies of the Shadow, only that it is dangerous to ask questions that pertain to the Shadow.  The finns are looking for experiences and "eyes and ears" to the other "dimension"; they may not be particular about the Dark or Light leanings of their visitors.  There is no evidense that Moiraine and Lanfear did not make bargains with the finns, either; this subject has been debated elsewhere.  If Lanfear did make bargains, she didn't do a very good job of it - but then, neither did Mat.

Also, there isn't direct evidence that the Aelfinn or Eelfinn are enemies of the Shadow, only that it is dangerous to ask questions that pertain to the Shadow.  The finns are looking for experiences and "eyes and ears" to the other "dimension"; they may not be particular about the Dark or Light leanings of their visitors.  There is no evidense that Moiraine and Lanfear did not make bargains with the finns, either; this subject has been debated elsewhere.  If Lanfear did make bargains, she didn't do a very good job of it - but then, neither did Mat.

Obviously they are not particularly good, anyways, considering how they hang Mat, a key player for the forces of Light, from Avendesora.

Judging by the lack of any sort of experience or facts we have, I would agree with:

RAFO

The delay from her death to reappearance could just be the great lord waiting for a body.
Her own thoughts at the Cleansing indicate she was held by the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn. Therefore we can rule out any thoery that involves her being dead on arrival, or killed as soon as she arrived.

The delay from her death to reappearance could just be the great lord waiting for a body.
Her own thoughts at the Cleansing indicate she was held by the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn. Therefore we can rule out any thoery that involves her being dead on arrival, or killed as soon as she arrived.

I am listening to the series again on audio book. Almost to the cleaning of the taint. Will pay attention to her thoughts.

Archived