DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The White Tower crumbling

RAND AL THOR

It is weird that within the White Tower, every Ajah is so heavily opposing every other Ajah.

The reasons given are clear but I sometimes wonder if the AS have all lost their brains in behaving so stupidly. Yes, we know that AS are dumb, but as dumb as this? ASSAULTING sisters !!! And much worse...

Is this practically possible? They are aware of the state of the world, they are aware of the Forsaken being loose, they are aware of Tarmon Gaidon on their doorstep....and yet act like this!!

At least someone would have pointed out the obvious? When they were taking Egwene in that carriage to the Tower in Book 11, I was utterly shocked when the sisters embraced saidar and when a Red said: "Don't touch me, Brown!" or something like that. I mean, what on earth is that?

I wonder whether the events begun by Alviarin were truly sufficient to create such chaos in the Tower. ???

I wonder whether the events begun by Alviarin were truly sufficient to create such chaos in the Tower. ???

That was the goal.  In the BWB it talks about how the AS became an independent bunch during the breaking.

Add that a divided tower weakens the cause of good and you put a severe handicap on the forces of light.

Of course, when events went into motion no one expect the BT to shoot up out of no where.  And in the iron hard discipline of the BT the AM have no independence.  They do what there told.

So they may not like each other but they at least work together.

Do not forget that Alvhiarin is not working alone in this, a certain Mesaana is hiding as a Brown sister (and was the one who actually started the chain of events that led to the current situation by orchestrating Siuans deposal).

Having a Ta'veren in the tower may have added it's little bit to the stew and I don't remember but do all Aes Sedai know the forsaken are.  Elida didn't believe Suian.  As to your main point I believe it is quite possible TG is about to begin and there is no firm leader and AS are taking full advantage to settle old scores.  This all comes of having weak leadership.

The last ta'veren in thre Tower was Mat, and he left quite some time before Siuan was deposed, and things started going to hell in a handbasket.

And weak leadership...Most of the outrageous decision by Eladia was coming from Alviarin. Now with Alviarin out of the way, there is at least a theoretical chance that tensions might start to relax a bit. Except that Elaida is...Well, Elaida...

Having a Ta'veren in the tower may have added it's little bit to the stew and I don't remember but do all Aes Sedai know the forsaken are.  Elida didn't believe Suian.  As to your main point I believe it is quite possible TG is about to begin and there is no firm leader and AS are taking full advantage to settle old scores.  This all comes of having weak leadership.

The AS believe that the Cleansing was some evil work by the forsaken, it convinced the Tower AS that the forsaken were free, the rebels already knew.

Archived