DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Buffy: The animated series

JenniferL

wait, am I the *only* person who thinks this is a bad idea?

it seems like the show but dumbed down for little kids and while yes funny in the show Xander would have never said that line after Buffy was eaten by a dragon...

If they had kept the same target audience and if their cartoon was the tv series depiction of the comic books "season 8" they I might have watched it, but as I said with the comics "season 8" I'll say with this as well.

"The actors made that show and without them i just don't see it working"

Guest Far Dareis Mai

While I agree that the actors made the characters, without Joss the show would not have been what it was. So if Joss is going to remain directly involved, I'll give it a chance. I enjoyed the Season 8 comic, I could still see the characters come through in dialogue. And perhaps they could give Nicholas Brendan a job, since he seems to have fell off the face of earth. :(

*points to where Kathana said this was a more or less failed pitch from several years ago* It ain't happening now, so don't worry.

And irrespective of whether it were getting made or not, it doesn't necessarily have to have been "dumbed down for kids" just because it's animated. Go check out one of the Hellboy animated movies; this actually looks very similar.

Although here's an amusing tidbit - the season 8 book will be having a standalone issue in November, written by Jeph Loeb, and drawn in the style of this here animated non-series!  :P

I don't know, we didn't really see much more in four minutes than some action and some snappy banter. Which is half of Buffy taken care of right there. Plus, considering it was set somewhere during the first three seasons, it hadn't yet gotten to the really heavy stuff. I don't think we really saw enough to be able to judge what it might have been had it been greenlit.

Mrs Xo is now insisting we watch Buffy en toto because of the pure awesomness that was Dr. Horrible.  I'm ambivalent, as I remember there being a few meh seasons for the show. 

It blew me away to find out she wasn't allowed to watch it on TV in her parents house.  Even during college.

I'm curious, Maj, what about Angel Season 6 are you calling out on suck? Because if it's the art, then yeah, that sucks big time. The rest I can deal with. All the changes they've made to the characters threw me at first, but I've gotten used to them. I'm just happy to be getting Fred back.

Well, not a big fan of the artwork. Especially if you compare it to Buffy. And some aspects of the storyline...Angel riding the dragon was extremely Lame. Gunn as a vampire...Kinda fun for five minutes, then i started to wish he had just died and stayed dead. And why could they not have let poor Wes rest in peace?

And where Buffy started with a good story straight away, Angel completely failed that.

The only thing I really enjoyed was Spike and "Fred", and there was way too little focus on them. Drop Angel and make Spike and "Fred" the stars of their own comicbook instead.

When you say "Fred", you're talking about Illyria. I'm talking about Fred. I love Fred. And I love Spike. The low exposure on them, Spike especially, was probably intentional, given that Spike has this tendency to swallow a show whole. Season Five was more about him than about Angel. But since when does anyone ever get left in peace in the Buffyverse? But I will agree that Angel Season Six is way less focused and coherent than Buffy Season Eight. I still think having some tighter art would have improved things a lot.

On the Season Eight front, apparently Twilight is someone who's already been on the show. I'm hoping it's Riley. Granted that would be two boyfriends gone bad (which would give even more credence to Buffy's dalliance with the other team), but I always wanted to see Buffy hand that tool his ass. Unfortunately, Buffy boinking Spike in front of him is probably the only Screw You he's going to get.

Archived