DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

My Introduction

TheGreenMan

Not really good at introducing myself, but I think its a great way to start on these boards. My name is Kevin and I'm 24 years old, about to turn 25 on Friday. I was recently introduced to the Wheel of Time by a mutual friend. I am half-way done with the first book and I am amazed by this book. I'm so upset I was introduced to it before the untimely death of Robert Jordan. I would have loved to have met him.

Now I don't know too much about the series except for whats in the first book so far, but I would still love to discuss the book and get to know a lot of people and make friends. So, that's about it for my introduction lol.

Kevin

Thanks :-). It's good to know there are others who are new here.

I'm at the point in reading that I can't put the book down. I'm going to go as far to say that I think Wheel of Time is more exciting than Lord of the Rings. Can't wait to get to the point of deep discussion and understanding what a lot of people are saying on here.

Kevin

Welcome Greenman! I'm going to give you one small piece of advice......try not to get too involved in the general boards until you're caught up in the series!!!! it would be such a shame if you ruined the many amazing surprises that this series has to offer by stumbling across an innocent post not meant for the eyes of a newbie : )

Almost every board is full of spoilers, so i would recommend you visit the pages dedicated to the book that you're reading if anything. Then, in about 2 months or so when you're done w/ the series, GO NUTS!!!

Anyway, just my advice, but the books will be MUCH more enjoyable if you dont know future details!

Enjoy

Welcome to DM GreenMan. Yeah, all that they said, but if you make your way further down the boards to the community boards we rarely talk about details from the books so it would be a good place to get started.

Now now, Lord Onep, some of the darkfriends are quite nice *grins*

Be welcome, TheGreenMan; the other posters give good advice.  I'll add my two cents - while yes, avoiding the discussion group spoilers is a good idea (and not all of them are completely spoilertastic), make a point to check everything out.  There's loads to do here ;)

Welcome to DM!

I do believe the book discussion area is organised by the books, so you can avoid those you haven't read to avoid spoilers.

Have a look at all that DM has to offer - you'll find something to wet your appetite!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived