DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Basic Fitness (open to Trainees)

Matalina

Jesse expected to see the same trainees he had for the flame and void class.  Today they were going to be working on their fitness.  He had requested their presence at the crack of dawn.  It was earlier than Jesse liked getting up but today was a long day for the trainees.  Today they would be physically challenged.

Jesse waited and watched as the sun rose above the tower.  It really was a magnificent view there was nothing quite like it back at home.  Jesse waited for the students.

OOC:  You are free to "not show up" and risk Jesse waking them up or be on time.  I'll give it a few days before I post the first lesson. 

Jesse

While Master Jesse was watching the sun rise over the Tower, Jasine was working quickly to finish his work in the stables.  There had been no answering note from Selene tucked into Rao's bridle, so he assumed she hadn't been able to get out to the stable, or send her messenger.  He hadn't personally seen his sister in quite some time, but her notes reassured him that she was okay.  He finished brushing down Rao and gave both the filly and his own gelding a sugar cube each before quickly washing his hands and then sprinting across the Yard to where Jesse had said they were to meet.

He wasn't at all winded when he saw the Tower Guard waiting for his students to assemble, which surprised him a little.  Running laps in the mornings, which he would have to skip today if Jesse's class ran past noon, must be doing something to help Jase reach the level of fitness that all of the other trainees seemed to already have.  Even Perivar, who hadn't been here as long as Jasine had, had arrived in better shape than he was in now.  Still, he could see clear improvement already and that was what really mattered to him.

As he pulled close, he slowed to a jog and then stopped, bowing as crisply to Jesse as he had to any of his Masters, he tried to show equal respect to them all.  Regardless of Jesse's standing compared to a warder of fifty years like Kynwric, the man was clearly his superior and deserved to be treated as such.

"Good morning, Master Jesse, and thank you for giving me the chance to learn from you again." He looked up at the colors playing across the clouds and smiled as he spoke. "It's a beautiful morning."

Perivar opened his eyes, his head still on his pillow, he lay there in his bunk in the barracks.  It was still dark though to his surprise there was a hint of light, the sun must have started to rise on the horizon.  He was usually up and about by now working the forms and going through his morning fitness routine.  Something about his last thought struck a chord, like a gong peeling loudly in the night it hit him, fitness...that's right he had a fitness class this morning, at the crack of dawn. 

He sat up in his bed looking around quickly, his bells jingling as he turned his head.  He stopped when his sleepy eyes found Jasine's bunk, it was empty.  He jumped from his bunk and began grabbing his clothes.  As he bent down to retrieve his trousers he smacked his head on the frame of the bunk.  Perivar rubbed his head and could feel a knot forming on his forehead.  He finished dressing then bolted for the door.

Perivar sprinted the entire way, he slowed as he neared the others and was happy to see that he was not the last one there.  Master Jesse was there, he was talking with Jasine which was not a shock, you had to get up very early if you wanted to arrive somewhere before him.  That and he was always happy, ready to flash a smile even at the crack of dawn.  The thought made him look to the horizon where the sun was rising into the sky.

Perivar slid to a stop, bowing he said "Good morning Master Jesse, good morning Jasine" finishing with a nod and a smile for Jasine.  When he bowed he could feel a slight pressure in his forehead where the bump was.  Rubbing his forehead he said "I lost a battle with my bunk this morning" he chuckled softly though the pain shot through his head causing him to wince.

Jasine's grin was already firmly in place as he turned from Master Jesse to Perivar.  At the lump rising on the boy's forehead and the brief story the Arafellin told about how it got there, Jasine laughed good naturedly and clapped a hand on Perivar's shoulder.  "Perhaps Mistress Thera will decide she's in one of her good moods this morning and offer to kiss your booboo and mother-hen you until you're well.  Or she might throw a chair at you for your silliness."  He mocked a deadpan serious expression and stage whispered, "I think that bunk has had it out for you for weeks now.  You should see the looks it gives you."

He was apparently in an even sillier mood than usual this morning and as they waited for anyone else to show, he looked back to the sunrise and enjoyed the view.  There was precious little time in the Yards to stand still and just observe the beauty of the city they had come to call home.  Around them there was already muted activity and in particular, the cooking fires were being stoked up in the mess hall and the fresh smell of baking bread and the sweeter smell of tarts and sconces was beginning to lace the air.

Never one to give up without at least trying, Jasine turned his head back to his Master and asked in what he tried for as a neutral tone but came off more eager than he had intended.  "I don't suppose we'll be given the chance to have breakfast before class begins, will we?"

OOC:  Jesse's a guy :P

Jesse smiled at the story Perivar told.  He had rushed to get here and his bunk and thumped him good.  The knot was starting to swell, he hoped that it would not affect him in any way seriously.  Today was not a good day to be ill, at least not at the start.  This day had made Jesse very sick in the end.  He wasn't surprised to see that Jasine was asking about breakfast, they would do some and then break for breakfast then return again to their training.  Today would be rigorous and it would assess each and every trainee.  Today was going to be tough.

"You will get breakfast a the first bell.  I hope that you lot have not been out drinking late last night, your stomach may not thank you in a short while."

OOC:  Not sure if Tal is coming or not but I got two of you so we can begin.

Jesse started to stretch his body.  "Warming up is always a good thing to do before begining any physical activity including your forms.  I will go through a series of stretches I've found helpful.  You are in no way obligated to follow this exactly, but you really should warm up each muscle in your body."  Jesse smiled.  "Including your brain."

Jesse ran through a series of stretches that covered every major muscle group in the body. 

"Today will be rough on you.  We will assess your fitness before even beginning any of the routines that will help improve your overall fitness.  We will try to finish your assessment before breakfast but you never know how long someone can last.  We will test your limits today."

Jesse started at a run around the yards.  The trainees would follow.  "Run until you can't run anymore."  Those were all the instructions he gave.  There was no amount of laps it was purely up to the trainee.  Jesse would run his morning laps and then stop to watch any of the remaining trainees still running.  But he didn't expect many to out last his typical run.

OOC: stretch and then run.  We will do one more assessment then ya'll can have breakfast before coming back to learn Balance and Strength training.  Endurance will have been covered by the running we are doing now.

Jasine laughed good naturedly and clapped a hand on Perivar's shoulder.  "Perhaps Mistress Thera will decide she's in one of her good moods this morning and offer to kiss your booboo and mother-hen you until you're well.  Or she might throw a chair at you for your silliness."  He mocked a deadpan serious expression and stage whispered, "I think that bunk has had it out for you for weeks now.  You should see the looks it gives you."

Perivar chuckled over Jasine's comments saying that the latter would be more likely.  At Jasine's second remark Perivar doubled over with laughter, he laughed so hard that his eyes began to tear and his sides hurt.  Light he could not recall laughing so hard since coming to the Tower.  Jasine always had a witty remark ready or would flash a look that made you laugh or at least smile.  He hoped that Master Jesse would not call them out for acting so silly.

He could not tell if Jasine was serious or merely joking around when he asked after breakfast.  Light if they were going to be running, jumping, and doing all sorts of exercises the last thing he wanted was food. 

Jasine was always serious when it came to food!  Which didn't stop him from enjoying the laughter with Perivar.  The Arafellin seemed to be warming up to Jasine and he was glad for it; he thought Perivar would make a steadfast and loyal friend.  With so much of their time taken up entirely by the rigors of training, it was good to have a moment of just amused happiness, even if it involved the pain of a lump on the head.

"I rarely drink, Master Jesse, and certainly not to excess when I have training to do."  There was still warmth in his voice as he addressed the man, but he was making his way back to his own personal attempt at seriousness.

He nodded to Jesse's words, breakfast later was good enough for him and he gave Perivar another grin before he dropped into his stretching exercises.  He tried to copy Master Jesse as much as he could, and he did alright, but he was surprised a little at how much more flexible the older man was.  Jasine had always been rather prideful of his flexibility, something he'd ended up with more by chance than training, but Jesse's body had been clearly schooled to it.  As he went through his stretches, Jase mentally added flexibility to his list of things to work on and not just take for granted.

"Want to run together for a bit?" He asked Perivar before the two of them set after Master Jesse.  After feeling like he was ready to die after his 100 laps that first day in the yards, Jasine had gotten to the point where he could run that many once a week, and did 50 every morning.  If Jesse wanted his students to run until they couldn't anymore, Jasine was determined to run for as long as he literally could.  Keeping pace with Perivar would help keep both of them motivated - at least for the first couple dozen laps.

Perivar began stretching, something he only thought to do before practicing the forms and truth to be told he did not focus on them as much as he should.  After stretching for a few minutes Jasine broke the silence.  "Want to run together for a bit?"

"Sure" He responded "Running 'til we can't run anymore sounds like fun." he added a wry smile then took off toward the worn area marking the circuit which they all used to run their laps.   

The two trainees lost sight of their Master within three laps around the yards, inspite Jasine trying to push himself for speed without sacrificing stamina.  It wasn't a race, and they weren't supposed to outpace Master Jesse, but Jasine still felt a little disappointed that they couldn't keep up.  He wasn't keeping track of the laps, Jesse had just said to keep running until he couldn't anymore, but he was surprised and chagrined when Jesse came up from behind them and passed them again, lapping the pair.  Jasine gave Perivar a rueful smile as the man swept by them and shrugged as best he could without slowing.

When Jasine couldn't run anymore was something that happened to him a lot more suddenly than he was expecting.  He'd had the stitch in his side for a while yet, and his breath rubbed his throat raw, but one stride he was running along well enough and the next he was crumpled on the ground with his lower leg screaming insistently at him.  He yelped as he touched his leg and felt the knot there, a sudden, sharp cramp.  Perivar pulled up and asked him if he was okay. "Just a cramp, I think.  You go ahead and keep running, I'll try to massage this out and then catch up with you."

He set to work on the muscle, feeling a fool.  He must not have stretched his muscles and warmed them up quite enough.  He winced every time he touched the tightly bunched muscle, but he grit his teeth and rubbed at it until the muscle relaxed and unclenched.  He flexed his ankle, pulling and stretching the muscle and working it out.  It still hurt, but it was the dull pain of an old bruise now instead of the fresh agonizing stab it had been.  He got back to his feet as Master Jesse was sweeping around the yards again and put weight on his leg.  It held, but hurt.  He moved back to the track and tried running again, but within only a few strides he knew he was limping and the muscle seemed to be tightening up again.

He blew out a deep breath in an annoyed rush and stopped, turning to face Jesse.  "I'm sorry Master, I thought I had stretched properly, but my leg cramped up and I don't think I can run on it very well any more."  He wiped his forehead with his sleeve, the only part of his shirt not already soaked with sweat, and continued. "Should I keep trying to run on it in the hopes that it will ease up?"

Jesse slowed when he saw Jasine on the ground.  He didn't say anything as he passed, but Jasine soon spoke.  "I'm sorry Master, I thought I had stretched properly, but my leg cramped up and I don't think I can run on it very well any more. Should I keep trying to run on it in the hopes that it will ease up?"

Jesse stopped and turned to the trainee.  "No, come I'll help you back to the grassy knoll over there.  You can stretch and rest.  When everyone is done with their laps you can go eat."  He smiled teasingly at the boy.

Jesse helped Jasine to the spot he'd indicated.  We will meet you here when everyone is done.  "Keep stretching it slowly or you will cramp up worse than you are now.  Proper cool down is also necessary."  Jesse looked at the leg and nodded it was just a cramp and Jesse turned to finish his morning run.

Jesse

Perivar kept running after checking on Jasine, he hoped it was only a cramp and nothing worse.  Perivar's legs burned like they were on fire and felt wobbly struggling under his weight.  Several time he stumbled and a few times he even fell.  Perivar struggled through five more laps before he collapsed on the ground.  He panted hard while trying to announce that he couldn't run another lap.

Jasine went back to stretching and massaging his leg after Jesse left him.  He marked Perivar's progress from the grassy knoll and felt for the boy when he stumbled and fell.  Even before his leg had cramped up he had felt like he wouldn't be able to run much longer.  He motioned Perivar over to where he was sitting, so they could wait for Master Jesse to finish his laps as well.  He couldn't help but be impressed by the man's stamina.

Once Perivar had come over to him, he spoke as he continued flexing and working the muscle, not letting it tighten up again.  "I tried to run again, but my leg started to tighten up right away.  I don't think anything is injured, but it sure does hurt." He let his leg rest for a little, leaning back in the grass.  "What about you, feeling okay?" He laughed at the look Perivar gave him at that question and clarified.  "I mean other than the bone-deep weariness and exhaustion.  You didn't get hurt when you stumbled, did you?"

Jesse saw that both the trainees had stopped and were resting on the knoll he had instructed Jasine to wait for everyone.  As Jesse ran by he spoke quickly.  "Go get some food and meet me back here in an hour we've still got a lot to do."

OOC:  go ahead and finish your conversation I don't want to interrupt.  I'll give ya'll a few posts to finish up your talking before posting the next lesson.  The point of classes is for interaction but I don't want it to take too long either so keep it in mind while eating and resting.

Jesse

He finally rose after mustering the necessary strength wobbling over to where Jasine sat on the grassy knoll.  He was so tired that he didn't even bother to wipe the dirt and debris from his clothes.  Perivar plopped on the ground, ooh if Mistress Thera saw the grace at which he fell to the ground she would tell him that he wasn't fit to muck the stalls let alone be one of the Tower Guard or the Warders.

Jasine was flexing and working the muscle of his injured leg.  Perivar wanted to ask after him but he was too busy trying to take on air.  He couldn't talk if his life depended on it.  Jasine spoke"I tried to run again, but my leg started to tighten up right away.  I don't think anything is injured, but it sure does hurt."    Perivar tried to form a smile and nodded happy to hear that he was not hurt bad. 

"What about you, feeling okay?" Jasine laughed at the look Perivar gave him then he went on to clarify.  "I mean other than the bone-deep weariness and exhaustion.  You didn't get hurt when you stumbled, did you?"

He was parched so his words came out like a croak "No but I'm so exhausted that I couldn't move if the Dark One suddenly appeared before us."  He laid there on his back staring up at the sky.

After a few minutes he heard Jesse's voice "Go get some food and meet me back here in an hour we've still got a lot to do."

Perivar thought that if he didn't get up right then that he would just lay there all day.  Standing on shaky legs he extended a hand to Jasine.  "Can you stand?  The thought of food has never seemed so good."

"I can stand." He nodded to Perivar and then got to his feet.  He'd had five few laps to run and that much more time to rest.  More than the appeal of food right this second was the appeal of the cool drinks they would have in the kitchen.

He was tentative at first, but walking actually seemed to help work out the last of the clenched feeling in his calf.  He could see the wisdom in Jesse's words about rest and cooling down first hand now.  By the time he got to the mess hall, his leg ached but not enough to make him limp.  He turned to Perivar. "Did you keep count of how many laps you ran?  I saw you go 'round five times after I fell, but I didn't count my own laps.  Light, it felt like a few thousand."

He ate lightly, for once.  A roll, some oatmeal with sliced fruit in it, and a large mug of peach tea.  Once he sat down to eat he didn't think he'd ever get up again, but he did.  Twice more, he refilled his mug of tea, offering to refill Perivar's at the same time.

He was happy to see that Jasine could stand and put pressure on his leg.  As they walked Jasine's leg seemed to bother him less.  By the time they made it to the mess hall his limped seemed to disappear.

Inside the mess hall Jasine asked how many laps he ran.  Perivar chuckled "Too many Jasine, however many I ran it was too many."  It hurt his side to laugh. 

Much like Jasine, Perivar ate lightly.  He wanted to eat five times as much though he knew he couldn't if he wanted to survive training this afternoon.  He thanked Jasine for refilling his mug.  "How is your leg, any better?"

Jasine nodded and flexed his leg again under the table.  "As long as I don't have to run again, I think it will hold just fine.  If it's still touchy after class, I may visit the infirmary and see if I can get it healed.  It'd feel silly to go to an Aes Sedai for something so minor, though, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem."

His food was gone entirely too quick and Jasine second guessed his decision to eat lightly.  Once Perivar was ready to go back to the yard for further training, Jasine ducked back into the kitchen and came out with two apples.  He tossed one to Perivar and took a bit of his own.  Talking around the food, with his apple tucked into one cheek, "Fresh fruit is great for energy, and should sit lightly enough."

It had only been half an hour or so, and Jesse had said to meet back in an hour, but Jasine was uncomfortable sitting in the mess hall without actively eating.

Perivar smiled as Jasine went into the kitchen coming back with two apples.  Jasine tossed on to him and he snatched it out of the air.  Jasine spoke as he ate "Fresh fruit is great for energy, and should sit lightly enough."  Perivar nodded in agreement and thanked Jasine for the apple.

He and Jasine walked around the yard taking the long way.  Hopefully the walk would further stretch out Jasine's leg muscles.  That and Perivar thought that he would fall asleep if he sat down again.  After a half hour they returned to find Jesse waiting for them.

"I hope your meal was good, you will need the energy."  Jesse started towards a building.  "There is one more assessment that will try your skills before we begin fitting together a normal routine for you to work with to enhance your skills." 

Jesse opened up the double doors to what appeared to be gym.  Weights of various kinds were scattered through out various areas.  "This one won't be so draining in movement.  But I want you to lift as much as you can three times in a row with out hurting yourself."

Jesse set up two bar bells with 10 pounds each. Then handed each of the boys a leather belt.  "You will want to wear this so you don't hurt yourself."  Jesse belt over and picked up the barbell in the proper form.  "You need to follow me exactly in this or you will hurt yourself."  Jesse knelt with the barbell at chest height and then stood up with the bar over his head and counted to three then went down the same way he went up.  "As much weight as you possibly can.  Add weights in ten pound increments until you can't lift it up anymore with out hurting yourself, then back down a pound at a time till you can lift it again."

Jesse set up his own section.  He didn't put out a barbell for himself only some other free weights that he used for his own weight training.  "You can begin."

OOC:  This is the last assessment, we will do balance and then a strength training exercise in two more posts then ya'll will be done here.

Jesse

Jesse said they had one more assessment to do as he opened the doors to a building that looked more like it was made for storage, perhaps a warehouse of some sort.  Inside were dozens of iron weights in all shapes and sizes.  Jesse tol them "This one won't be so draining in movement.  But I want you to lift as much as you can three times in a row with out hurting yourself."

Finally Perivar thought, this was something he could use his size for.  Jesse handed him a leather belt and told him to wear it which he did buckling it on tight.  He watched as Jesse demonstrated the exercise.  Satisfied that they understood he told them to begin.

Perivar began the exercise and finding that the starting weight was too easy so he began adding plates.  He glanced over to his side and noticed that Jasine was doing the same.  They continued this process until he finally met his match.  Perivar had several plates on each side.  He completed the exercise 3 times then eased the weight down bending his knees before finally dropped to the ground.

His muscles burned and he panted slightly with the effort.  Putting his hands on his knees he spoke to Master Jesse"That is it, that is all that I can do." 

Visar woke, and stretched in his bunk bed.  A new day, and the first day of his new life.  He glanced at the window, sunlight already starting to creep through.  All seemed right in the world, until he realized something.

It's already morning...Oh no I'm late!

Visar got dressed in a frantic rush, and glanced quickly at his map, and then at one of the papers.  Once he had directions in his head, and the name of the man he needed to train with, he dashed full speed to the training yards. 

Master Jesse...I need to find a Master Jesse...

After asking around for a bit, he found a man who fit his description.  Visar ran up, and tried to explain himself, though he was out of breath from his rush to get there.

"SorryI'mlate!" he stammered, and then gasped for breath.  "You're...Master Jesse, right?  Visar... reporting for fitness...training, Sir!"

He glanced at two other young men, who were training with something already.  Visar glanced back at the one he assumed was Master Jesse, worry pouring from his features.  He regained his breath a little.

"What did I miss, Sir??"  he asked.

Visar had a strong feeling that this would be a very bad day.  Already he was late for his first training, and that couldn't be good.  If their normal training was a hundred laps, how bad could extra training be?  Very much afraid of what he might have to do for being late, Visar waited for his fate.

Jesse shook his head.  "We'll take care of what you missed later, we've alot to do and you might as well start here.  You will need to warm your muscles up first."  Jesse stopped what he was doing to teach this late student what stretches he would need to do.

Jesse started the stretching.  Jesse normally didn't get mad, but it well past sunrise and tardiness was not acceptable, the boy would learn that soon enough.  Jesse focused on hand and ran through the same stretches he had done with the two lads who were on time. 

"When you've fully stretched put this on.  The object of this exercise is to assess your strength maximum.  Start at 10 pounds and go up by tens until you cannot lift anymore then go back down by one pound until you can.  You must lift it three times above your head, like the others are doing."  Jesse indicated the other two.  "We will finish our lessons here and then we will catch you up and then we'll deal with your tardiness." 

Jesse didn't like being curt with the boy, but he wasn't happy either.  He went back to his own work out and tried to relax in the void so that his anger would not get the best of him.

Jesse

Visar nodded, relieved that the man was not yet berating him in front of others.  He followed the man's suit with the stretches, though some of the exercises were rather awkward for him to perform.  And he could not stretch quite as far as Master Jesse could either.  He would have to work on that, he reasoned.  As he would probably have to work on just about everything else.

After a few minutes, Visar decided he was as stretched as he wanted to be.  He attached the belt, and got one of the weight bars.  He put what seemed to be about ten pounds on either side, and lifted that.  Not heavy at all, especially not for someone who could haul in heavy nets or tow dredges in the channels.  He went through the reps of three for good measure, and then set it back down.

He added twice that weight, and lifted that three times.  The man said to lift as much as he could without hurting himself, so Visar took his time, adding weight slowly so that he would not be surprised.

Then he lifted twice that again, eighty pounds.  This time, the weight was quite a strain, and Visar was breathing heavily by the time he was able to lift them three times over his head.  He stared hard at the weight bar, wondering if he could lift any more.  He decided to try, at least.  Adding another ten to each side, he tried ninety.

He managed to lift it up off the ground a couple of inches, before gasping and dropping the weight back down.  It was just a little too heavy, and he did not want to risk straining himself too much.  He had known several youths who had injured their backs trying to overdo it in the Fingers. 

He took some weights off, and tried again.  This time, he was able to lift it a few feet, but faltered half-way up, and dropped the weights again, barely avoiding it bouncing onto his feet.  Visar sighed in annoyance.  He was not made to be able to lift great weights, that was for sure.  He dropped more pounds, trying a couple more times, before he was finally back to close to eighty.  But he was already tiring, and he could not lift the weight he was able to before.

His muscles were aching by now, and some sweat ran down his brow.  He took a slight breather, glancing at the others, who seemed already finished.  He looked down, and glared at the weights.  Bloody heavy things! he thought darkly.  He breathed deeply in, and then reduced the weight slightly, closer to seventy.  Even though it was lighter, it was still hard to lift, and he had to try twice to get it three times.  His arms were already very sore, almost shaking, by the time he set it down. 

How long has it been since I've lifted this much? he wondered.  He had done manual labor on the trip up, but nothing too intense.  Only when dredging the channels could one be sure to be lifting, pushing, and pulling great heavy things.

Sighing with slight disgust, Visar nodded to Master Jesse, indicating that around seventy weight was his limit. 

"Tha's all I can do, sir.  And no' for very long." he said in a slurred, breathless voice.

Light I'm exhausted! I didn't know I was this out of shape!

Jasine knew strength was not his biggest asset, he'd have said it was flexibility before he moved through the stretches with Master Jesse but he tried to console himself that the whole point of this course was to teach him how to effectively hone his skills and improve his abilities.  As he watched Master Jesse show them how to safely lift the bar, he paid rapt attention.  Having already injured his leg during the run, he wanted to be sure he didn't hamper his training further by hurting something else.  He cinched the belt on and was glad for this little extra bit of protection.

He was encouraged by how easily he lifted the original bar.  Sure, it was a low weight, but he was pretty sure he had his stance right, it didn't even seem to use his back muscles very much.  He worked steadily through the weights, but quickly. His shoulders began to tire first, but he was pleased that he hand not even a twinge from his calf as he used his legs to lift the barbell.  He watched the new trainee as he stretched, there wasn't a whole lot else for his eyes to focus on in this little gym, and made a note to himself to seek out the lad later on to get to know him.  All too quickly, Jasine had hit his limit and hit it soundly.  When all ways said and done, he had managed 161 pounds.  He'd been able to get the 170 pound bar off the floor, but not even to his chest before he knew it was either let go or be hurt.  He reported to Master Jesse and then undid the leather belt.

"Light, Perivar! Look at you go!"  Jasine straddled a chair backwards as he watched Perivar continue to add weights t his bar for what felt like a good long while after Jasine himself had been forced to admit that he'd met his match.  He'd felt strong and proud of himself, when he had first arrived at the yard he was sur he would never have been able to lift as much as he did today, and Perivar was already 40 pounds his better. Even though he had been here a little longer than Perivar, the man's natural build beat him hands down.  When  the man finally called it quits, Jasine rose and stepped forward to clap his shoulder, clearly impressed.

((OOC: You have no idea what I went through to figure out what Jasine could probably lift!  I ended up finding records and stuff for high school weightlifting and watched a video of a 154 pound guy with about Jasine's build lift 260 pounds!  So I took a hundred off of that, since he hasn't been training specifically for weight.  Hope it all jives well.))

Perivar laughed at Jasine's compliments replying "I've finally found my calling.  When Mistress Thera finds out I will be turned over to the stables to be used as a pack mule."  He couldn't help but laugh out loud.

When he was finished laughing at himself Perivar eyed Jasine's weight bar then looked at the thinner congratulating him on his effort.  This wasn't something they were used to doing so he guessed they had done well.  While they were doing this exercise another trainee joined them so he sat and watched while he caught up.