DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What exactly happened at Baerlon?

Jambo

In the EotW when our heroes are fleeing the Two Rivers they come to a "city", Baerlon. In this city there is a Whitecloak presence but the town mayor, or govenor or w/e doesn't like them so he only allows a few in the town at a time. Anyway, the morning after they arrive Rand and Mat are walking in the town (heading back to the inn i believe) when they see some Whitecloaks. Mat causes them to get mud all over their cloaks and they are understandibly annoyed so they confront Rand who was laughing.

"I just arrived in Baerlon." A tingling thrill ran along Rand's arms and legs. He felt flushed, almost warm. "You wouldn't know of a good inn would you?"

"You avoid my questions," Bornhald snapped. "What evil is in you that you do not answer me?" His companions moved up to either side of him, faces hard and expressionless. Despite the mudstains on their cloaks, there was nothing funny about them now.

The tingling filled Rand; the heat had grown to a fever. He wanted to laugh, it felt so good.....

And that continues for a little bit, and at the end he is pretty freaked out, but then it's nvr mentioned again. So waht happened?

Moiraine explains that when you touch the true source for the first (few) times the channeler may experience violent shivers, head aches, bouts of mania, numbness, dizziness, things like that.

Rand had a bout of Superman mania.

Archived