DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Pern?

Tigara

Anyone here read the Dragonriders of Pern? I just started reading them and I'm wondering if there are any active Pern communites or RP sites. All the ones I find are e-mail RPs or kinda deadish.

The Pern fandom is set up very differently than we are.  For many years Anne didn't allow anyone to open a site based on her works without her permission and approval. The reason so much of it is email based is because she wouldn't allow anyone to post RPs on message boards or newsgroups.  She's relaxed the rules considerably in the last five years so there's more out there, but its not going to look like WoT fandom. We're unusual in that A) none of us have ever gotten in serious legal trouble with the rights holders to the series and B) we're primarily organized online. Most of the older fandoms are still organized around locations.

I haven't thought of those books in years,Thanks for reminding me.I'll give them a reread as soon as i can find them all.

I first read them when i was a young fellow,and loved them.I'm going to be 61 next month so it's been a very long time ago.

Don't recall seeing any web discussion sites for them at all.

Actually I would say the Dragon Riders of Pern is probably my second favorite series of books.

Archived