DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Taim

_james07_

Is Taim just a darkfriend? Or is he one of the forsaken?

It is mentioned that he survived 15 years without going mad from the taint, I think this must be a clue. Throughout the series it is also often pointed out that some of the male forsaken (can't remember which) were extremely jealous of Lews Therin. Taim is always wearing coats and things with dragons on them etc. and is very jealous of Rand. So is he one of the Forsaken?

Guest Dreadlord

I need Taim to be just a guy who can channel that went over by his own choice. nobody reincarnated, not turned against his will

Yeah i've read alot of threads about this, but i just wanted to see if anyone picked up on anything new. Like how Taim being obsessed with the dragons might mean something. I mean Logain also might be jealous of Rand in some ways but he isn't obsessed like that. Maybe that means something, if he was just a darkfriend why would he want to imitate the Dragon? The story gives several references to Forsaken wanting to be Lews Therin.

Yeah i've read alot of threads about this, but i just wanted to see if anyone picked up on anything new. Like how Taim being obsessed with the dragons might mean something. I mean Logain also might be jealous of Rand in some ways but he isn't obsessed like that. Maybe that means something, if he was just a darkfriend why would he want to imitate the Dragon? The story gives several references to Forsaken wanting to be Lews Therin.

I have read the series many times, and not once have i got the impression that any of the forsaken wanted to be Lews Theirn. there are many referances that they were very jelous of what he was and did, but i never took that that to mean they wanted to be him.  Taim is more than likley insane, although He is one of favorite Friends of the Dark.

I don't think that any of the Forsaken ever wanted to be Lews Therin, but Taim certainly did.  Remember that Taim was a false Dragon so perhaps there is a part of him that still wants to be or believes that he can become the true Dragon Reborn.  That would explain the obsession with Dragons.  

Guest Dreadlord

why does he have to be any thing other than he is a "man". Just a man one that has gone over to the dark side I think he will be the first of the new dreadlords.

But I am sur there have been lots of other threads that have said all this before?

UNQUOTE

yes there are countless threads covering this lol

As for Taim being a man, thats my point. He can channel, thats all there is to it. He went to the Dark Side 100% willingly I think, I dont think he was forced or mislead, I would guess he went over originally to be taught the One Power and gain the priveliges and status "due to a Darkfriend who can channel" such as being a Dreadlord. I reckon Taim is aiming at being Chosen if anything though, but I think he is a very focused person. I reckon he is doing everything he can to follow the orders the Shadow have given him, making the most of the Black Tower situation and everything, and I think all this would be that much better if Taim went over to the Shadow the same way the Forsaken did-because they chose to of their own free will, for their own reasons. He is one of my favorite characters

Archived