DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The 1 power and Rands hand

Kalak

would it be possible for Rand to make himself a new hand with the one power? say weaving threads of fire and earth in a shape of a hand? becuase come on if he can make a sword he should at least be able to make a new hand

would it be possible for Rand to make himself a new hand with the one power? say weaving threads of fire and earth in a shape of a hand? becuase come on if he can make a sword he should at least be able to make a new hand

I don't think making a sword would be nearly as difficult as making a hand that is capable of sending nerve impulses to his brain, and react to messages from his brain.

Not saying it's impossible, but I doubt it's worth it. He just needs to learn the sword with one hand. I think since he still feels the hand there, that he'll be able to use it for his gesture OP needs (like the fiery things he shoots out of his fingers).

J

I don’t think he is going to learn the sword with one hand. I think he’s going to lose that hand, too. His body is about to crumble. I think RJ is going to completely destroy Rand. His hands will not be back. He will lose his sight or at the very least his vision will be so light sensitive that he will wear a bandage over his eyes.

Just like the piece on Moridin’s board. What is ti called, the Fisher? The Beggar? I don’t remember, but rest assured Rand will not be recovering miraculously from his injuries.

Not in my opinion, anyway.

I don’t think he is going to learn the sword with one hand. I think he’s going to lose that hand' date=' too. His body is about to crumble. I think RJ is going to completely destroy Rand. His hands will not be back. He will lose his sight or at the very least his vision will be so light sensitive that he will wear a bandage over his eyes.

Just like the piece on Moridin’s board. What is ti called, the Fisher? The Beggar? I don’t remember, but rest assured Rand will not be recovering miraculously from his injuries.

Not in my opinion, anyway.[/quote']

Whatever happens, though, he'll be able to function. He'll be in lots of pain, but whatever is done to him won't be so much that it robs him of the ability to do what he has to.

J

the fisher

there are definite paralells here, the best reference is when moridin is playing in the vaccuole, i cant remeber which book.

he refers to rand as the fisher (in an esoteric way)

he is the least powerful piece in the game, but it is the most important piece, whoever is in contol of the fisher is the in control of the game.

but i dont think he's going to get punished any more before TG, other than dying at the end that is

What evidence do you have that Moridin was in a vacoule when he was doing that? By all evidence being inside a vaccoule is very dangerous--they can detatch at any time and so forth... it seems silly for him to risk that whilst just bumming around playing a game.

On topic, though--i dont see Rand getting a magical hand. Like Leaf i see him continuing to slowly get more and more injured.

First off, I dont believe that Rand will be able to make himself a hand, because I remember reading that you cant use the one power directly on yourself (and connecting nerve endings would most definatly be directly)... Maybe I am jsut imagining it.

But, I think that he will be able to use his power wraught blades because I dont think that he is actually "holding" on to it. It is more like it is there were it logically should be. So, I dont believe that he will need to ahnds to use them.

Archived