DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jain and the Eye

spiressm

i have read all these books a couple of times in the past and was looking at the EoW and had a couple questions.  When everyone is at the actual eye it seems to be explained that the last battle will happen there pg 746 paperback; or does it happen in Shayol Ghul?  i understand battles in these books can go anywhere but has there ever been any other mention of the eye?

Also, when ba'alzamon and Rand are speaking ba'lazamon refers to Jain Farstrider not being free of him (who i believe is Noel) and sent to the Ogier. i never fully trusted noel but has there been any significant written concerning jain/noel and the ogier? thank you for your time

Good questions.  I hope the wise ones answer soon.

I COME TO ANSWER!!

No I am not a Wise One. Unfortunately my gender prevents me from being one and I dont care for shawls and stone-cold stares anyway. Nor do I think I could possible have survived being an apprentice for longer than 5 seconds.

I do not think the Eye exists any longer. Its purpose is over. The banner, seal and Horn were delivered to the Dragon and the pool of saidin was used by the Dragon. That was the purpose of the Eye. The guardian of the Eye is also gone. I do not think anyone will ever be able to find it again.

Spiressm can you get a quick quote on the last battle part? I think it refers to THE battle which means the battle that actually occurs at the Eye. It did not mean Tarmon Gaidon.

Jain delivered a message to the Ogier about the Eye and about the DO wanting to damage it. He believed that he did it of his own accord. Ishy states at the end of book 1 that it was actually he who 'sent' Jain' such that he would speak that to the Ogier. There is no way of proving this though it is likely true.

The Eye does not exist anymore. Even if it had, it has no connection with the DO, so placing Rands part of the TG there would make no sense.

Shayol Ghul is where the DOs ability to touch the world is the greatest, so whether the battle will be directly against a semi-free DO, or trying to seal the Bore, the opposite should go as well, that Rand ability to touch the DO and/or the Bore will be the greatest at Shayol Ghul.

Majsju is correct. Even in the Age of Legends, Lews Therin Telamon and the 113 companions needed to Travel to be Bore to seal it.

In this age, where channelers are significantly less experienced, it is very unlikely that Rand could face the DO at any site other than Shayol Ghul.

Guest Dreadlord

Also, when ba'alzamon and Rand are speaking ba'lazamon refers to Jain Farstrider not being free of him (who i believe is Noel) and sent to the Ogier. i never fully trusted noel but has there been any significant written concerning jain/noel and the ogier? thank you for your time

UNQUOTE

Regarding the bold bit, if anyone says dont believe him because hes Forsaken I will shoot you

I remember this part, yet it is understood that over 2 years have passed since the start of the series, so a lot may have happened since then; Jain may be free of Ishamael now. Even so, I agree that Noel is Jain, and while I dont think he is a Darkfriend I acknowledge the possibility that he is or he may still be a puppet.

Even if it turns out Noel isnt Jain, Jain himself puzzles me. How can one man survive the Blight long enough to write books about it? Can he channel, is/was he Ta'veren, or is he just a crafty git? Or, is he a Darkfriend?

Back to Noel. Has anyone thought it strange that he knows a lot about the prophecies, and manages to identify Mat in them, when nobody else has? Im sure Rand has read the Karetheon cycle (dont hammer me for spelling I dont have the books with me) yet even Rand hadnt made the connection Noel made. I dont remember anything linking Jain/Noel to the ogier other than him going to them as Ishamael said.

Archived