1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

sorry but i cant stand most of them...

Moraine, Cadsuane...

i guess at certain times egwene hasnt bothered me overly much (I even kinda liked her when she was with the aiel)

but the lot of them are idiots...luckers can explain wh in his big "the ajahs are useless" post^^

I don't despise the Aes Sedai, not in the sense that I think they're all witches and the entire institution of the Aes Sedai and the White Tower needs to be destroyed at the foundations...

I dislike alot of the specific characters and individuals who are Aes Sedai, and I've noticed that there seems to be a common arrogance and other bad qualities among them. This doesn't mean that ALL of them do, and that's why I don't despise ALL Aes Sedai.

Kind of like Americans... sure there are arrogant Americans, but alot of Americans aren't and so I don't despise them all. ;)

Guest Dreadlord

Moiraine and Cadsuane are great I think. Moiraine has always been my favorite female character, and since I realised it was Cadsuane who brokje Semirhages diguise Cadsuane has jumped up a couple of places as well (Ive only read KoD once, I didnt think it was Caddy).

I dont mind Aes Sedai in general, its just as other people said the Aes Sedai we see up close dont usually do themselves any favors, they are annoying, and its only the select few like Moiraine, Cadsuane, Verin, and Alanna that dont actually annoy me.

PS I love the way Alannas bond to Rand affects her. I bet she WELL regrets binding him hahaha

Aes Sedai are, because of their training method, all intelligent, well educated, strong willed women. In direct opposition of that, they are also, again due to their training method, blindly indoctrinated when it comes of the issue of the One Power and those that channel it.

It begins with not actively seeking out girls. As such, they only have girls who are already so wowed with the idea of Aes Sedai that, as teenagers, braved the world to seek out training. Furthermore they only allow girls--and for the specific reason that older women arn't as impressionable. From there they lock these girls away from the world for upwards of 20 years surrounding them only in the glorified atmosphere of the Tower.

What emerges as Aes Sedai are women with incredible educations, and senses of self--except in their nature as Aes Sedai. In that they are still wowed. And it manifests in their posturing, their genuine belief in their ability to control or influence everything (that they MUST control of influence everything). They cannot see the failures in their nature--that would be a criticism against Aes Sedai, and the respect of Aes Sedai is the truth they've had built into them since childhood.

In every reality but their own natures they are clear-sighted, brilliant woman. But when it comes to Aes Sedai--Black Ajah, using strength to decide precedence like posturing school bullies, acepting that the decline of Aes Sedai results from a decline in the ability and so on.... Blindness. And it travels beyond, channeling is what makes them special, so other become relegated to scorn--thus wilders, and the prejudice against wilders.

I agree with Luckers.

It goes with want Rand thought in LoC when he founded the BT.  One of the greatest mistakes AS did was seperate themselves for the world.  That is why the AM have their families with them.

The existence of AS is nice and very well thought out. The individual attitudes of most of them tend to $uck. Oh well.

Tigara, you should have included another option in the poll: I like some but not all.

I can't exactly answer yea or nay here. :D

Nah, I really prefer black and white answers. ;D

There are actualy few who do annoy me. Romanda and Lelaine, to start, as well as Galina, Tarna, and that other Red with an Aiel-like name. Javindhra or something.

Archived