DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Bonding.

Asmo

Views on the following?

1) Can you bond a person who has bonded another person? What does that make the bonded person to you?

2) What if you bond a person who has bonded a person who has bonded you?

3) Can you bond someone who has bonded you?

4) Can channelers bond channelers of the same gender?

5) Can sul'dam or damane be bonded? What if a damane bonds the sul'dam who holds her leash? What if she is leashed to the sul'dam when she bonds her?

6) What happens if a circle tries to bond a person? Can multiple people be bonded at once? By a circle?

7) What if the person who is bonded is in a circle when he or she is bonded?

Speculate ahead =/.

Hmmm interesting!

1) Can you bond a person who has bonded another person? What does that make the bonded person to you?

So, for example could someone else bond Elayne? What would that make Birgitte, to you? i'm inclined to say yes, you can bond them, and other than experiencing the knock-on effects of the first bondee's emotion on the co-bondee, I dont think you'd feel them at all.

So, working backwards... Elayne has bonded Rand (you), so you mean what if Aviendha bonded Elayne, and Rand bonded Aviendha? That also gets into 3) can you bond someone who has bonded you... Not sure. Bit weird that one!

3)see above

I'm inclined to say yes. Dont know why, but dont see why they shouldnt be able to.

5) Can sul'dam or damane be bonded? what if a damane bonds the sul'dam who holds her leash? What if  she is leashed to the sul'dam when she bonds her?

I think you'd get one seriously disturbed bond. Yes I think sul'dam can be bonded, but not sure on damane because of the effect of the leash.

6) What happens if a circle tries to bond a person? Can multiple people be bound at once, by a circle?

I'm not sure, because in a circle, the rest of the women surrender their power (the control of it) to the one who leads. So the rest of the circle become ... power-stations, and the leader is the channeler. I dont believe that the circle entire are CHANNELING, dont they just open themselves up to the power so that the leader can channel through them? I'm not sure any more than the normal bonding would occur.

No idea...

Great questions though!!

Guest Dreadlord

Regarding questions 3 and 4, I think we have seen this with Rand and Moridin, although I know its not quite what the question meant. But from that we do know two male channelers can bond each other, although I see it more as a two-way link between them rather than a one-way bond.

I wish the Aes Sedai and Ashaman had started bonding each other earlier, some of these questions are interesting and I would love to see it in the books!

I don't see why not, id imagine you could compel your 'warder' lets call them to compel there 'warder'. You would not sense your 'warder's' 'warder'.

Id imagine it will work like the Aes Sedai/Ashaman bond, you are aware of them but not be able to compel.

3) Can you bond someone who has bonded you?

Id say Yes. I've often thought it would make a nice marriage bond for two channels.

Id image so. Elayne bonded Birgitte, Alanna bonder Rand. Put them together.

5) Can sul'dam or damane be bonded? What if a damane bonds the sul'dam who holds her leash? What if she is leashed to the sul'dam when she bonds her?

A damane can not bond a sul'dam while leased as the sul'dam has control over what is weaved (and it is harming the  sul'dam - they wont be able to channel whilst thinking of it), and IIRC damane get extremely ill if they even try to channel whilst the least is not worn. I don't see any reason why another channeler couldn't bond either while leased. That would make for an interesting control on the damane if there a two compelling forces acting.

6) What happens if a circle tries to bond a person? Can multiple people be bonded at once? By a circle?

Id image the person who controls the weaves is the bonder, and since IIRC only one person can control the circle, no multiple bonds cannot be done simultaneously.

Id say the person the bond is aimed at is bonded.

Archived