DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A quick thought...

Bob T Dwarf

Technically, nobody would have to die - Rand has set something of a polygamous precedent - but, let's be safe.

Only Faile would need to die.  ( I'm working on getting Dreadlord on board here - he's gotta like one of my ideas someday )

There's really nothing to recommend it, except the beauteous poetry of Faile going off to contemplate her navel for some appreciable piece of eternity.  But I DO like the idea.

Guest Toad

So flowering trees are a symbol of Saldea?  Sorry for all the newb questions.  Guess I need to read more on the lore of WoT

Guest Toad

The wolf I get.  But isn't the crown of Illian broken (literally)?  And I just don't picture flowering trees in the Borderlands.  How did we make the leap to have Perrin King of Saldea rather than Illian?

Illian is the Laurel Crown or the Crown of Swords.

Saldaea is the Broken Crown.  Tenobia holds it.  Bashere is the immediate heir since she is unmarried and has no children.  If he dies it descends to his heir ( Faile ).

But if Faile dies and Tenobia doesn't...

Guest Toad

Okay, so the crown of Saldea is called the broken crown - and thus fits the viewing, but the Crown of Illian which is called the Laurel Crown, or the Crown of Swords is physically broken - and so also qualifies for the viewing.  So in Saldea, Perrin might get a new Saldean woman.  Or in Illian, he will be closer to Berelain.

Any idea how the flowering tree fits in?  That might tell us if we're going north or south.

Guest Toad

I'm not trying to play devil's advocate here, just trying to understand what the viewing might mean.  Your first post in this thread said you thought Saldea, now just that Perrin will do all right in the world?

So the viewing could mean he will be king of Saldea, Illian, or just prosper in general.  I guess that's what brings us back to book twelve...

Problem about Tenobia marrying Perrin is that she is quite fickle about the qualities her mate must have. Closest in the Books is Galad but alas he does not seem to read poetry.  The viewing in my opinion goes to the fact that  Perrin will be 1., a wolf-brother(he already is);2., be Prince consort or King of Saldea (sorry but Faile ain't dying); and 3. will be instrumental in bringing back "The Song" to the tinkers.

Okay, so the crown of Saldea is called the broken crown - and thus fits the viewing, but the Crown of Illian which is called the Laurel Crown, or the Crown of Swords is physically broken - and so also qualifies for the viewing. So in Saldea, Perrin might get a new Saldean woman.  Or in Illian, he will be closer to Berelain.

Any idea how the flowering tree fits in?  That might tell us if we're going north or south.

The viewings are related to Perin, but not to each other, necessarily. The trees need have nothing to do with the broken crown, any more than the wolves do. Unless you think he's going to go nuts, climb in a tree and call himself the wolf king? Works for me. Anyway, why would he want to go to Illian? To get close to a woman he doesn't love, rather than the wife that he does love? And Illian has a King (Rand), and Mattin Stepaneos is being kept around for something. Some people think the trees viewing was completed when he buried his family, by the way. Considering the crown of Saldaea actually being the Broken Crown and Faile's place in the line of Succession, It's pretty likely that Saladaea is what it means. Illian just seems too random. Oh look, a slightly battered crown....mine, mine, mine! Perrin isn't exactly power hungry, so why Illian?

Guest Toad

I'm not saying it is Illian, just throwing out maybes.  Just thinking Illian would have been ironic considering how he feels about Berelain.

Archived