DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Least Favorite Ta'veren

Patrick

At the moment who do you think is the most likely person to have killed Asmodean?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. At the moment who do you think is the most likely person to have killed Asmodean?

• Graendal
    • Lanfear
    • Moghedian
    • Mesaana
    • Semirhage
    • Sammael
    • Bela (?)
    • Rand
    • L.T.T
    • Isam/ Luc
    • Padan Fain
    • Mazrim Taim
    • Logain
    • Verin
    • Other

This really wasn't that hard for me. It's not that dislike any of them... but Perrin is probably my least favorite. Perrin is the one in my opinion who has changed and evolved the least. He seems to be stuck in the same mindset (will he choose the hammer or the axe type of thing). His chapters are just slow going and are not as entertaining as Mat's or most of the other characters. Plus I think Faile has a lot to do with how I feel about Perrin. I like Faile independent of Perrin... but I do not like them together that much. When Perrin is around Faile all he ever thinks about is what is wrong with her or what she is thinking and blah blah blah. I like both characters... I guess I just find them to be a little annoying together. With other characters's chapters I find my self laughing out loud or getting very excited over them... Perrin... not so much. :|

Sorry to all you Perrin lovers.

I couldn't vote. I tend to like Perrin when it's Perrin's point of view, Mat when it's mat's point of view, and Rand when it's Rands point of view. For the first two books though I liked Rand because it's almost always him until the Dragon Reborn

Guest Egwene

I like them equally for the person's they are. But Mat is definately my favourite if you asked 'of whom do you want to read the next chapter'. So it's between Rand and Perrin.

Perrin went through a pretty boring patch but his story is now picking up pace again.. and I think a lot of the exitement in Rand's chapters is provided by the people surrounding him... I think they are equal..

... but I'll vote Rand.. because I like Perrin :)

I like Perrin the least. That doesn't mean I don't like Perrin at all. I like Perrin and his wolfness, I like how he thinks of Faile first and foremost at every situation. That's called dedication to your love one.

But, I just happen to like Mat more than Perrin and Rand. Mat is just very cool. I guess he is like the "cool bad boy in the block" who is likable by everyone... He is great with his glavie (if I can call it that), great battle leader/general (though he got his memories from the Flinn), womanizer, and lucky! In a sense, if I can compare to fantasy games, he is the Rogue type character, which I always like to play/be when playing RPG games.

Definitely Perrin. Poor Perrin. I thought he was quite exciting when he started running with wolves,but since his marriage to Faille, he has been to occupied saving her all the time, that he doesn't get a chance for a decent storyline!

Yeah cause you know, Perrin massacuring a couple thousand Shaido was SO TOTALLY LAME!!! When I was reading it, I was like "this is the LAMEST thing since Dumai's Wells!" Why couldn't RJ just have Perrin make political moves to get his wife back? Stupid battle scenes with carnege. Totally lame. :roll:

well

heres what i think of all you perrin-haters: *SNIFF*

i chose rand, lately, reading his chapters have to be about as boring as WOT gets, the only human element left about him is Min, and she's not him.

mat is hillarious, but i love perrin, in fact when i'm a bit blue, i go and read all the perrin chapters in the shadow rising (book 4, yes?) the two rivers chapters...works like a charm

oh, and "mashiara" in aCoS :)

Guest cwestervelt

Inara, I notice you don't say anything about reading the post The Shadow Rising Perrin sections when you need a pick me up. I agree that he was a great character up until the end of that book. He was given The Fires of Heaven off, and then he has never been more than an extension of Faile since his return.

i like him in the KOD just as much

its just one of those magic moments, like Mashiara and the prologue of KOD.

he made a good impression on me and if i did get a little frustrated with the neverending search for faile, that wasnt his fault and i have never disliked him as a character.

rand, however ....

needs emergency access to a head shrinking machine...(ref. theme hospital)

:wink:

• 3 months later...

Rand is almighty and powerful. He has shown himself to be tactful up until recently.

Mat is a great character. I think RJ has had as many ideas for plots centered on Mat as he did with Rand. I like Mat almost as much as I like Rand.

Perrin should stop breathing. I want Rand to kill him after Tarmon Gaidon. In fact I want Perrin to be killed by Shaidar Haran

RobertAlexWillis Said

Do you mean the only three ta'veren? If so, we don't know that they are the only three .... I'm not saying we KNOW that there are others, but we don't KNOW that there aren't others, either.

Aye, that's what I meant. Obviously they're the big dogs of the tale, but it would be interesting (and probable, imo) to have another ta'veren or two running around in the world somewhere. Just because they aren't central, or even necessary, to THIS story doesn't mean there isn't a story out there for them.

Like I said, we just don't know. Considering how his life has gone, Jain Farstrider, (probably Noal) could well be one. I doubt any of the others are as STRONG as our big three, or they'd have created enough rukus that we'd have heard of them, but there may be others out there.

That said, I think that is just a philosophical question at this point. I doubt any meaningful new characters will be introduced in A Memory of Light. There is already way too much to wrap up in classic Jordan detail.

RobertAlexWillis Said

Like I said, we just don't know.

Oh yeah, wasn't expecting you to suddenly poof up a new answer. I was just clarifying that you were correct in interpreting my original post.

RobertAlexWillis Said

That said, I think that is just a philosophical question at this point.

Completely agreed -- but aren't those the most fun? :D

They are indeed. Take the Asmodean question. Does it really matter NOW who kiled him? He's dead, and Moiraine is coming back, whether she did him in or not. Rand will be so happy to see her alive again, he won't care if she did kill Asmo or not. Yet look at how much controvery that has spawned ... It even prompted my lazy butt to write a chapter!

I chose Perrin because at first he was good, like when he killed the whitecloaks defending himself and Egwene. Now he sort of lost focus, and he should have accepted being called Lord Perrin.

Rand is good and I am anxious to find out what will happen with him and the last battle.

Mat is by far the best of the three. I can relate to his character at the start of the series. Then it was great to see how he has changed into the hero of the group.

Like I said, we just don't know. Considering how his life has gone, Jain Farstrider, (probably Noal) could well be one. I doubt any of the others are as STRONG as our big three, or they'd have created enough rukus that we'd have heard of them, but there may be others out there.

That said, I think that is just a philosophical question at this point. I doubt any meaningful new characters will be introduced in A Memory of Light. There is already way too much to wrap up in classic Jordan detail.

RJ has stated that Rand, Perrin and Mat are the only ta'veren running around currently.

Archived