DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello folks, greetings from the famous Autobahn-country

falcomaniax

Hi there,

after stumbling over the podcast (and loving it :wink: ) I registered for keeping track on what's being dicussed on the forum about it. So here I am, a guy in his early twenties, living in Berlin, Germany, studying at university. (no, I'm not studying English, so please don't rip me apart because of "misssbellet" words and/or wrong grammar :D )

After reading KoD in English (guess what, the first part of the translation is going to be published this late June :evil: ) and reading some forum-stuff here and on other pages, I figured I needed some refreshing of memory, so now I'm reading it all over again. (I'm always impressed by those people who know every dialogue in detail and know exactly who did what to whom in which book. How are you doing that ???? :cry: )

so here we go...

Welcome! More in the European contingent (not that we Brits like to admit to being European!)

I think the people who can recite just about anything from any book have just read them far too many times... it does get drilled into you after a while! Although I find it fades with time... I'm on my first read through in about 2 years at the moment....

Anyway, welcome - I'm relatively new myself, so I'll leave it to Egwene to point you at the Fiddlesticks forum (I'm surprised I got in here before her, to be honest!)

Guest Egwene

lol.. I was out this evening, Hugh... though anyone wanting tp point out the way to the best board on DM shouldn't wait for me :D

Hi Falcomaniax.. wie geht's? Willkommen auf dem Dragonmount.. Nice to see someone else from Germany joining :P I visited Berlin many, many years ago. Remember seeing a production of Wagner's 'Der Fliegende Hollaender' at the 'Deutsche Oper Berlin'. I can still picture the stage set.. it was so impressive.

It seems that the podcast is getting very popular... several newbies have made a reference to it. Great to hear that. Don't worry about your english... we have loads of people here from all over the world and I think everyone makes allowances for posts being written by people for whom english is a foreign language.

Apart from visiting Fiddlesticks, have a go at voting in the polls on the book forum.

Other than that... Viel Spass!!

Guest TheDemigod

Hey and welcome to dragonmount!

I hope you'll have fun here, and please do come by the yellow ajah boards!

Archived