DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

kari

ThebigeyeAm

i seem to remember that rj said he was going to include some more info on kari in book 11 which he didnt.is this going to be in the next book?im not exactly sure where i read this but id like to no more of her,maybe if tam and rand reunite briefly he can enlighten us a little?what do u guys think?

much love

I can not recall having seen RJ say any such thing, and I really can not see any reason why he would waste time on a character long dead that has no influence whatsoever on the story, when there is so much important things to put in the books.

I think you might be mixing book 11 with the second prequel RJ planned to write, which would be about Tams advemtures in Illian, leading to him finding Rand newborn on Dragonmount and then returning to the Two rivers with Kari as his wife. That book would of course motivate her presence.

In addition, there was the comment that we would learn who killed Adeleas in book 11, and that we would learn more about Verin in book 11.

Like Maj i don't remember having seen any comments about Kari.

Back to the original topic -

I vaguely recall a question Jordan was asked about Kari al'Thor.  IIRC, his reply was a RAFO because details about her might be something he would want to use later.  Later being unspecified.

Since we haven't had anything further through the end of KoD, either he meant it to be in AMoL, or he'd decided not to use it at all.

Back to the original topic -

I vaguely recall a question Jordan was asked about Kari al'Thor. IIRC, his reply was a RAFO because details about her might be something he would want to use later. Later being unspecified.

Since we haven't had anything further through the end of KoD, either he meant it to be in AMoL, or he'd decided not to use it at all.

Or he may have intended to use it in one of the prequels. Like the one about Tam.

Archived