DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Barmacral's Application for Sword Captain

1. Why do you think you are qualified for this job?

I feel I am qualified for this position because I have considerable experience working with the staff on DM and know how the place is run, I'm very responsible, diligent, outgoing and friendly. I know how to handle myself professionally, and I am a very fair person.

2. Why do you think this job entails?

To sum it up in a single statement, being your gopher. I would post raising's to Der'Manshima, promote activity within the Warder's Guild, do any projects you throw my way, etc...

3. What experience do you have that might help you in this position?

I have experience working here at DM in various capacities, as the New Members Mod, the Fiddlesticks and Organized Games Mod, and as a staff member of the Aiel Organization. I have also run multiple guilds back in my World of Warcraft days.

4. Why do you want this job?

I don't, in fact, I didn't apply for it. I just posted this because Dwyn didn't think I had it in me to be serious, and I wanted to throw her a loop... and apparently prove her right...

You know, I'm tempted to hold off announcing my decision for another week, just to see what crazies you guys do next.

You know, I'm tempted to hold off announcing my decision for another week, just to see what crazies you guys do next.

Go ahead ... make my day ... *rolls eyes and froths at the mouth*

;D ;D

Disclaimer: I have the utmost of friendly feelings for Barm, and I feel he will take this post for the fun little joke it's intended to be.

1. Why do you think you are qualified for this job?

Qualifications? Bah! Okay, let's look at his qualifications.

For Sword Captain, I'm looking for someone who isn't significantly tied down by obligations elsewhere.

So... no-one too closely associated with the Red or Green Ajah. Barm bonded a Brown, right?

I'd like you to be familiar with Google Docs, or at least willing to learn.

Oh, I'm sure Barm is intimately familiar with Google Docs. Those are the Doctors who twang your Google once a year to make sure it still works, right?

You should have excellent written communication skills.

Excellent... repellent... it's only a couple of letters off. I'm sure he'd do fine.

You should be very organized and proactive.

Well, I'm sure Barm has plenty of organs. He does appear to be breathing and all, after all. And proactive... that's the acne stuff Jessica Simpson peddles, right? I didn't know Barm had pimples. Bummer, dude!

2. Why do you think this job entails?

Now that is an interesting question. Why does anything entail? Have I ever entailed? Have you? Well, if I have, I couldn't begin to explain why. I suppose it just happened. I was probably not paying attention at the time... distracted and all, you know? Give a guy a break here. Hey, quit judging me! This is about Barm! Maybe he could tell you why he entails!

3. What experience do you have that might help you in this position?

I want to see a detailed breakdown of Barm's experience points, what games he has earned them in, and how many points per day he earns on average. Experience matters, people! And in my experience, there's no such thing as bad experience. If it gets your purple dwarf swashbuckling paladin spellcaster to Level 17, it's good experience, baby!

4. Why do you want this job?

Heh heh. Nobody really wants any job. We only get jobs because landlords, utilities, stores, and government officials demand that we give them this money stuff for providing us with the things people have been providing for themselves for thousands of years. The choice is to work to earn the money and pay them, or hide away in the mountains hunting small animals and smelling really bad. Job? Pshaw! Jobs merely pay the bills. Everything else is just a hobby!

Okay, I've had my fun. ;D

Guest nephitess

LOL... Barms should get this one. *nods*

Never fear Shen, like I told Dwyn last night, if you actually do manage to offend me, I will hunt you down IRL and shake your hand, for you've joined an impressively small group of people in the world.