DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trainee in Trouble! (ATTN: MOT Eqwina!)

Sylvirci

OOC: Carried over from these two threads: Conflict: Exploring the wrong area of the Tower! Challenge: Homeland

IC:

Gaidan stood before the Mistress of Trainees door in a mixed state of emotions that were barely contained in the Void. On one hand he had to present himself for punishment because he was in the wrong area of the Tower on his first day! On the other he was ecstatic to know that when he reached Tower Guard status he would belong to a very beautiful Sister that needed him! Oh Rasheta! I will make it soon that I can be with you! Gathering his nerves and silently vowing to push forward no matter what the Mistress did to him, he knocked sharply three times.

Then he waited in as much of an erect position as he knew how to muster. He began to wonder just what she would do to him. This was his first day and already he was here, he could only imagine what could be done to him. As his mind started to dream up all kinds of horrid things that she could and just might do to him, he was brought to the image of Rasheta, all disheveled and in need of him and his protection. Those thoughts allowed him to maintain his composure and the Void as he waited.

Gaidan Hatori, Warder Trainee!

• 2 weeks later...

Thera ran her fingers through her golden curls and sighed. In the last week her life had gone from pathetic to completely tragic. Now in addition to being a bitter drunk she was also liar with a secret that had to be kept. Taking her silver flask from her desk drawer she downed it in one gulp; the bitter liquid burned going down but it was a welcome fire.

Glancing at the clock on her mantle Thera smiled wryly, only a few more hours and this wrenched day would be at an end. Tossing the empty flask back in her drawer and slamming it with her knee she sighed for what felt like the hundredth time since waking. The pile of papers on her desk was tall as always, and one trainee after another had been through her office this morning. Each with a different reason as to why their transgression did not deserve a punishment. The harder they fought the worse their punishment had been; with the way her head was pounding the next would be lucky to leave with his or her head.

What Thera had not expected was to see Gaidan Hatori darkening her door.

“Light child! You’ve been here less than a day! Don’t tell me you’ve already stepped out of line.” It would be a toss up which was colder, her voice or her eyes. “You might as well come in and sit, tell me what you’ve done.”

Gaidan sighed audibily under that stare and icy voice. Then he thought of Rasheta and assumed the Void. He would be honest but couldn't afford to back down or make a mistake here. " I didn't hear the rule about not going to the Tower without permission. So I went and started exploring. I met a Novice who showed me around and I believe it was a very high positioned Aes Sedai who found us. She corrected me and ordered me to report to you and bring her a letter showing I came to report myself for punishment Mistress!" He stood erect and was willing to accept any punishment but expulsion.

I need to be here! I owe not one but two Aes Sedai now! If she tries to send me away I will beg and crawl on my knees to stay! Whatever it takes! He knew he was about to crack under the icyness so he fed the flame and allowed his mind to relax. He would just have to grit his teeth and take his due.So he squared his shoulders once more and waited for what he knew was to come.

Gaidan Hatori, Trainee

OOC: Sorry so short but didn't have much to go on and just couldn't think of more to add.

Thera suspected that there was much more to the story than the young man was telling, but what she had already heard was more than enough. Running her fingers through her curls, as she often did when she was upset; Thera sighed.

“ Entering the Tower on your first day! Light boy, most are still too pop eyed over having been accepted to step even a toe out of line for weeks! Apparently our first meeting did not leave a lasting enough impression, but I promise you that this one will”

Thera had often wished that trainee’s could be punished in the same way that novices were. It would be much quicker and waste far less of her time if she could just give them each a few licks with a strap. The problem was that most were already so dead set on being strong that it made no impression.

“Entering the Tower! Cavorting with a novice! Getting cross wise of an Aes Sedai! Her voice raised slightly with each offence. “I will punish you for each offence separately never you fear, but tell me; who is this sister who has taken such special interest in you?”  It was not uncommon for a sister to want to know that her orders had been carried out, but even the newest raised to the shawl should know that Thera always passed along when a trainees punishment had been completed.

Gaidan just sat there, staring at her not saying a word. “You had best tell me boy. You know I will get it out of you eventually.“ The silence stretched on and Thera’s anger boiled. “It seems I will have to ad disobeying the Mistress of Trainee’s to your list” Picking up fresh parchment and a pen Thera jotted down the date and made a list of offences. Just studying the list made her sigh and at the last moment she added stubborn to the list. “Gaidan I expected better of you, which only makes this harder. “ Thera reached across her desk holding out her hands. “Give me your weapons, your belt knife too..I’ll hold on to these for you until you are deemed worthy of continuing your training.” Behind her desk on the wall was a large rod iron rack made to hold all sorts of weapons. She gently laid each surrendered weapon on the racks before turning back to the young man. “To start I want you to polish and sharpen every weapon on that wall. Thera gestured to the long wall to her left, covered floor to ceiling with weapons of every type and sort. “When you are done we will discuss the rest of your punishment.”

Making a small note in the ledger Thera pulled out another fresh paper and began writing a letter; not even bothering to see if Gaidan began.

OOC: I would have responded had you given me a chance! Brat! :P

IC: Gaidan stood stoic as a stone during the questions and tyrade from the Mistress. He knew he would be in trouble but this was crazy! Cavorting!? I wasn't doing anything of the kind! She has lost her mind! but he said nothing. Mostly because he wasn't sure what to say.

When she ordered him to hand over his weapons he blanched. He was instantly afraid she was kicking him out, but rather then that she was suspending his training! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I must train as quickly as possible! He hesitated and then finally handed them over.

Then he walked behind her desk and started cleaning the weapons. " Jaydena Sedai is the Aes Sedai Mistress, but there is one I promised to bond with and protect that I met as I was leaving mam." The memory only had him smiling and blushing while it put warm thoughts into his heart. " She was amazing and kind too. She didn't care that I was from Amadicia either. Her name is Rasheta Sedai mam." Then he focus on the weapon cleaning with thoughts of Rasheta running through his head.

Gaidan Hatori, Trainee.

Thera tossed her pen down on top of the papers unconcerned about the splattering ink. “You did WHAT?!” she roared.

It was worse that ludicrous, it was insane. He was a child, a less than half trained child. What fool in their right mind would take that on?! And then the light dawned. “You have promised yourself to another Novice or Accepted? Or at worst a newly raised sister?” she nodded, not needing his response. It really did not matter anyway. In truth there was nothing she could do, other than show her displeasure. That and make sure he had no time for any canoodling, if that was the case.

Closing her eyes Thera counted silently to ten and made an attempt to moderate her tone. “You are more than welcome to play the fool for some girl, or some sister, but while you are in my charge I expect you to follow the rules exactly. The punishments will grow worse the more transgressions you add to my list. Keep that in mind just in case you decide to try slipping off into the Tower again.”

Regaining control Thera sat back down and started her letter again. The familiar sounds of cloth brushing across the metal began soothed her and she found the words flowing with ease. Dripping a small blob of blue wax she sealed it with the Mistress of Trainee’s stamp and reached out to hand it to Gaidin. “Deliver that to Jaydena.It explains my plans for your punishment. And don’t linger too long, lest I think you ran of with your promised again.”

Gaidan was shocked by her sudden explosion. It wasn't like that at all! Well she is obviously too mad to hear the right of it so... He stood and taking the letter, walked out of the room. Moving through the Yard quickly he headed for the Tower once more.

He approached an Aes Sedai in a green and white dress. She was talking to some merchant it looked like. So he had to wait his turn. He wasn't about to break more rules to deliver this letter. But she did say not to tarry or he would get in trouble. So does that mean I go back to the Green Quarters and ask for Jaydena Sedai there? Or do I stay here and wait? Deciding that to wait here would take too long, he followed the way he had left to return to the Green Quarters.

He had a good memory and quickly found himself before the door to their Quarters. He was not however stupid enough to enter again without permission. So he waited for a Green Sister to approach and he calmly stopped her. " I am looking for Jaydena Sedai, Aes Sedai. Could you let her know that Gaidan, the Warder Trainee from earlier, is here with a letter from the Mistress of Trainees please? Thank you Aes Sedai." Then he waited for Jaydena Sedai to approach with his hands clasped in front of him and his feet squared.

Gaidan Hatori, Trainee of the Warders

OOC: Posting this thread for Jaydena to respond to.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC- LOL hun, Jaydena is a Sitter and Head of the Ajah, she wouldn’t come to you, you would be led to her. G

Jaydena looked up from her desk as a knock sounded at her office door. Sighing in irritation she called out for the intruder to come in.  She had so much to do these days, and it didn’t help that she had spent the morning dealing with a Novice who had been where she shouldn’t have been. Of course she could have just signed off on it and not done anything more than send the girl off to the Mistress of Novices, but she felt it was her duty to show enough respect to both the Novice and the Mistress of Novices to report the transgression herself. Jade looked up as one of the younger Green Sisters stepped into the room and led the young man she had found earlier into the room. She nodded at Annela and spoke, “Thank you for bringing him to me Sister. You may return to your duties now.” The Aes Sedai left the room and Jaydena waited silently for the young man to speak, he was gazing in awre around her office. It was filled with many weapons, some of which were thousands of years old. It was a Trainees dream room. Suddenly the young man realized that the Aes Sedai that had led him into the office had left the room. He curtsied and stepped forward to hand her a letter with the Mistress of  Trainees seal on it. She nodded at him and took the letter, she slit it open and began to read. The Mistress of Trainees was concise and to the point, spelling out how she had punished him for each offense he had committed and then she went on to mention that he had promised already to a Sister named Rasheta. Jade blinked and looked up at him, how in the world had he hooked up with one of her sisters in so short a time and why would Rasheta become involved with a untrained pup like him, she thought. In fact it wasn't fairly common to promise at all, in fact she hadn’t heard the term used in many years. It was to easy for a Trainee to die in the course of his training or to be kicked out of the Tower for misconduct.

She signed and then spoke, “Well it looks like she has punished you quite throughly. Although it is my right to punish you as well I will not be doing so. Many Aes Sedai would have done this in addition to sending you to the Mistress of Trainees but I don’t agree with that tactic. I hope in the future you will think to inquire as to the rules before you do something like you did earlier. Look at it this was Gaidan, we must know for security reasons who is within the Tower and when we have an armed man loose in the Tower without permission it doesn’t bode well for your safety. Also Gaidan, I see here that you are promised to one of the Sisters in my Ajah. That’s not typically something we do but that is purely up to her. I hope I don’t need to tell you what an honor and a sacrafice it is to bond a Green Sister. I hope you make it through being a trainee and are truly able to bond her. All Greens need to have our backs watched in battles and Rasheta will see her fair share of them before she is done. Thank you for following my wishes and reporting to me so quickly. Good luck with your punishement.” She nodded and arched her eyebrow, waiting to see if he wanted or needed to say anything to her…

Jaydena Mckanthur

Head Sitter and Ajah Head