DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Setalle Anan - AMOL

specialj8d

I love the character of Setalle Anan and have a few vague hopes for her role in AMOL.

I believe she's last seen with Mat, fighting Suroth's Seanchan.  I believe she'll come into contact with Flinn or another Ashaman and be healed to regain the ability to channel.  From her awe and fascination with Mat's medallion, I think it's safe to assume that she'd spent some time studying ter`angreals- perhaps resulting in her being stilled.

I'm pretty sure it was written(or implied) that in order to have a hope of facing the Dark One, both of the Choden Kal would be required.  As the female statue on Tremalking is at least partially melted, I foresee some action being taken to repair it(perhaps eliminating its previous flaw in the process)  This would be best accomplished in my mind by a collaboration between Mistress Anan and Elayne, who seems to have the most experience with Ter`Angreal of the characters we know.

Or I could be entirely off base.  Setalle does have a family, and I suppose she could choose to remain with them instead of taking up the shawl again and all that comes with it.

Thoughts?

She's very important her friendship with Tuon and subsequent healing will be the catalyst for Tuon to not see channelers as animals.

As for the needing of both Cheodan Kal for the healing of the wounds of madness and cutting of hope was the cleansing.  I think the Female Cheodan Kal is broken until the 2nd age comes again

As the female statue on Tremalking is at least partially melted, I foresee some action being taken to repair it(perhaps eliminating its previous flaw in the process)  This would be best accomplished in my mind by a collaboration between Mistress Anan and Elayne, who seems to have the most experience with Ter`Angreal of the characters we know.

I believe that the female choden kal is totally gone. Even if it were only partially damaged, repairing the most powerful sa'angreal ever made would require extensive knowledge from the Age of Legends. Considering that Setelle was burned out while studying ter'angreal suggests that she is not as experienced as we would like.

I believe that the female Choden Kal is gone for good. Repair is just impossible unless all the AS start hearing voices of past lives.

I believe Setelle's main role will be in bringing the Seanchan into the fold. I suspect she was originally being aimed to play a key role in the outrigger novels in helping Tuon come to deal with the realities of the sul'dam--but from a purely aMoL perspective i think she'll still play a part in getting Tuon to be rational--you know, getting past the whole 'need to work with marath'damane' and 'dragon must kneel to the Crystal Throne' thing.

I agree that the Tuon/Setalle relationship seems to be one that RJ developed with a purpose in mind.  The most likely purpose IMO would be to help reconcile tuon to working with channelers in a more productive way.  The setup of Tuon as a non-channeler with the potential to channel and Setalle as a former channeler who can no longer, is one that is too good to go unexplored.  It could be as Lucker's said though that the intention was to explore that relationship in the planned outrigger novels. 

Archived