DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Noobish Question

Celdiruen

ORGs are where you can be yourself, discuss various topics form serious to spam!

DIVs are where people discuss what reqs they need or plots they would like to do as well as a little spam among the people who are roleplaying characters.

RP is for well, posting your roleplays with other characters.

Short summary: ORGs=yourself, DIVs=outside of character, RPs=In character!

Savvy mate!? ;) :P

ORGs are where you can be yourself, discuss various topics form serious to spam!

DIVs are where people discuss what reqs they need or plots they would like to do as well as a little spam among the people who are roleplaying characters.

RP is for well, posting your roleplays with other characters.

Short summary: ORGs=yourself, DIVs=outside of character, RPs=In character!

Savvy mate!? ;) :P

Hi, yeah, another noob, just to clarify, does that mean we aren't always ourselves on this Forum?????

Hello and welcome Celdiruen!

It looks like Sylvirci has answered your question. Also, please note that there is no limit to the number of ORGs or Divs you can join. It is probably best to start off with a few before expanding. Have a look around and ask any questions you may have about any of them. We will do our best to help you. There is an info thread about the ORGs and Divs on this board as well.

And PA, that is down to you. In the ORGs and Divs, you are yourself. Yet in the RP boards, you are your character. I don't think there is anything to stop you making a character modeled on yourself, but a RP swat will have to confirm that for you.

But have fun at DM whatever the pair of you do! :)

Also, to be a little more clear, the Div's on the site are directly related to the RP, and have nothing to do with the Orgs. Not actually being a roleplayer though, I don't know anything beyond that.

Hmmm...

*Has been here for nearly two years and still thought that the Divs and RPs were the same*

*Also originally joined to participate in the RP*

I guess I got sidetracked in the ORGs... ::)

Welcome to DM!!  ;D

yes the divs is in the rp, they are sort of the overlaying structure, like the wt div plan and have responsibility for wt character and wt related rp's, and likewise with the other divisions

Hey, welcome!

If you want to know what a board is for, best thing to do is go there  ;D

The Orgs all have themes. The Illuminators are arts, crafts, writing etc (plus have a cool worldbuilding project which you should totally check out right here: http://forums.dragonmount.com/index.php/board,233.0.html not a plug at all...), the Seanchan are entertainment like TV and video games, and on it goes.

Mostly it's just nice to have a smaller community of people to get to know as well as the huge, sprawling largeness that is DM. And find people with common interests, and have long threads of total silliness that wouldn't be allowed in General...

I can't speak for the RP, having never been there.

Archived