DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ghosts of you and me Attn Liitha

WhiteWolf

Cara never knew what it was that woke her from the sleep of exhaustion, exhaustion thanks to Liitha and her wool headed ideas about the need for levels of fitness that Cara thought were extreme to say the least. At that moment, as if she could sense what Cara was thinking, one of Liitha’s elbows dug Cara in the back, a habit of Liitha’s that Cara would have to break her of.

Sighing to herself, and knowing she would not get back to sleep again this night, Cara crept out of bed and picked her robe up from the hook on the door. Opening the door Cara walked through into the living room of her quarters, belting the robe as she went.

An idea had started to form in her mind, one that could be dangerous, but one that would not go away. After her recent bouts of training Cara had begun to toy with the idea of making an angreal that would extend a person’s endurance, or speed, beyond what was normal. She thought she knew what she needed to do, but up until now had not really had the time to do more than think.

All thoughts of sleep by now were driven from her mind, as Cara started to puzzle out exactly what she needed to do to create an angreal. Having been fortunate to observe Eldrenne Sedai in her studies, when Cara had been an Accepted, Cara had all the known knowledge on the subject in her notes, carefully stored away for a time such as this.

It was easy for Cara to retrieve her notes and because they were her notes she was able to skip read through them to find exactly the information she desired and it was not long before she was sat back in her chair, a pile of books at her side, intently reading the book open in her lap.

The early morning rays of the sun cleared the windowsill of Cara’s room illuminating the page she was reading. The sounds of Liitha moving around in their bedroom hardly registered in Cara’s mind, nor the offer to make a drink, or the hand draped around her neck as Liitha tried to attract Cara’s attention. However, Cara was so engrossed that in the end Liitha had to close the notebook and keep tight hold of it to gain Cara’s attention.

Cara started to explain to Liitha all about what she was reading and then mentioned some of the past events in the life of Eldrenne Sedai, those pertaining to her capture by the Seanchan and how she had found out that she had the Talent to make ter’angreal, something that Cara had helped her develop and in doing so had found that she also had the Talent, something of a rarity to say the least. Once she was finished with her tale, Cara sat back in her chair, her fingers moving, seemingly of their own volition, towards the notebook she had been reading which Liitha had placed back on the table at some point in the tale. Idly she wondered what Liitha would make of all this as it was something Cara had not mentioned before.

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

Liitha was intrigued by this new knowledge of her Aes Sedai, she had heard of some ter'angreal usages but had never paid that much attention to one power objects. She frowned upon the mention of Seanchan and the entailment of this.

"This all sounds rather complex though, not like something easily done, have you ever made one of these ter'angreals?" she couldnt quite let go of the other question nagging her, "And what is know of the Seanchan, I spent much time on the road and in the borderlands, but I guess I migth have kept to much to myself. Where are they now, and which danger do they posess?" As if the rumors from the borderlands was not enough, now they migth have another treath to worry about as well, rigth in this moment she was glad they found themself deep inside the White Tower. On the other hand she knew that closing yourself in could be dangerous too as it could trap you.

Cara was only half listening to Liitha, she was concentrating on the what she was doing, and working with all five elements, as she was, took nearly every bit of her concentration. It was a few moments before she could finish what she was doing and respond to Liitha. “There is no need to worry Liitha, I have made an Angreal and a ter’angreal before, when I was helping Eldrenne Sedai. They were not as complex as this I agree, but now that I have the time to concentrate I know I can do this, it is almost like I have a map showing me the exact directions.”

Brushing an errant strand of hair from across her face, Cara tucked it behind her ear and then turned her attention fully to Liitha, it would not hurt to take a break, she had been working on this non stop for more hours than she cared to think about.

“I do not know where they are now my love, the last I heard of them they were defeated in battle at Toman Head and driven back into the sea. It was around that time that Eldrenne was freed, or escaped, she was never clear on exactly how she was rescued and I did not like to probe.”

Cara did not know how Eldrenne must have felt to be totally controlled and subservient to someone else’s will, but since Eldrenne had told her the little she had about her time in captivity, Cara had started to have a recurring nightmare about loss of free will.

“From what she told me though, it would seem these Seanchan use women who can channel in battle and they are controlled by another women through some sort of leash and collar.” Her voice dropped to a whisper as Cara continued to talk. “When you are caught you lose all free will and cannot channel unless permitted to. If you try to escape or do not do as they instruct you to, you are punished, quite severely by all accounts.”

Cara stood up and walked over to one of the windows and looked out of the courtyard below. Suddenly she spun on her heel, her pale blonde hair fanning out as she did so.

“Liitha you must promise me something.” Swiftly Cara moved back to Liitha’s side and knelt down. “If we ever come across these Seanchan and it looks like they are going to collar me, you must promise me something.”

Cara reached out and grasped Liitha’s arm, her grip tightened as she continued speaking.

“I will not let them collar me no matter what and I want you to promise, on our bond, that you will kill me rather than let them take me.”

Liitha jerked upright in the chair and a horrified look appeared on her face, but before she could speak Cara spoke first.

“I mean it Liitha, if we cannot escape you must do this, I just could not face ending up like that……..Promise me!”

The intensity in Cara’s words and her expression was plain for all to see, but Liitha could also feel that intensity through the bond they shared and that more than Cara’s words brought home the seriousness of this order from her Sedai.

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

Liitha was shocked by the wish and intensity, sure there was things to sacrafise your life for, but she had always seen them in relevance to herself. She knew she couldnt begin to contemplate the meaning of such a thing to Cara, but as her Aes Sedai said, Eldrene got away.

"Cara I can not save a dead body, Eldrenne Sedai got away you said, even if you got captured you could be saved, but I or someone else could only save you if you where still alive." She looked at her Aes Sedai, "besides what is the odds I'll still be alive you think to even fullfill your wish if the situation comes up, do you not think my life would be gone already in the atempt to protect you" her voice was fierce.

"You do not give up as long as there is life floating in your veins, figth to your last breath always, this is what a soldier should live by." She looked into her love's eyes, "What good could ever your death prevail in, as long as you live there is hope, and your unique gift make you able to do so many things and so much good that others cant."

“If there is no hope and you are leashed without hope of release then what is the point of staying alive? If I am leashed, that can only mean you are dead, as you would not allow me to be leashed otherwise. With you dead there is no hope and my heart would break.”

Cara stopped speaking, her voice on the point of breaking as she realised just how painful Liitha’s loss to her would be. Taking a deep breath and steadying herself, Cara continued. “We cannot allow that to happen, so if there is no choice, no way to escape, you will do as I say Liitha, in this I will not brook an argument, I hope that we are clear on this and are of one mind, If we are not then we have reached an impasse and it is not one that I am willing to let lie.”

The path of the conversation had taken such a sudden turn that all thought of what she had been doing had fled from Cara’s mind. Ever since she had worked with Eldrenne, and had heard about her time with the Seanchan, Cara had had recurring nightmares about being leashed, and had sworn to herself that while there was breath in her body she would fight tooth and nail to avoid being captured.

“Swear to me now Liitha, on all that you hold dear, that if the time comes and I ask this of you, you will not hesitate and will do as I ask, without any argument.”

For a while Cara just stared into Liitha’s eyes, drinking in every detail, every nuance, of her lover’s soul After all it was well known that the eyes were the window to the soul. Cara reached out and took hold of both of Liitha’s hands, holding them tightly, almost as if she was hanging on to life itself. “I do love you Liitha, and know that this is not an easy thing to ask, but if you were me you would be asking the same, and don’t you dare deny it.” There was steel in Cara’s voice, and Liitha would do well to pay attention and heed Cara’s words, as they were the words of Liitha’s Sedai, not the words of her lover.

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

• 3 weeks later...

Liitha looked away, how could she, she had learned to sheet the sword, but for herself, not for.. for this, her mind stumbled on the thougth, grasping for a solution. Where was your parents when you needed them, or even, even her aunt, her aunt. Her head fliped up "you can loose the ability to channel, and it can be healed, do they know this? do you know? if not, then surely without channeling abilities you'd be worthless to them. " Her voice was that of hope, "I dont know the details of it, but it was mentioned in the brief info i did learn of my aunt, she lost the ability and was healed by her yellow sisters though raised again to the blue. Cara dont you see, there are always options.." her voice was that of pleading hope as she looked into her Aes Sedai's eyes, she had never met Ata but if it was true, then surely Cara as an Aes Sedai must know of these things, or they could find out about it.

Liitha

the optimistic one

• 2 weeks later...

Options? Stilling should be considered an option?

It is was not for the earnest expression on Liitha’s face, never mind the flood of concern through their bond, Cara would have laughed out loud at such a naive and ridiculous suggestion. However, she could not do so and retain Liitha’s respect, something that meant an awful lot to Cara.

“I appreciate your concern my love, but from what Eldrenne told me, you can only channel when they allow you to, and how much. She said the Seanchan have methods to control those they leash, methods that are designed to break anyone they choose. I doubt very much they would be so careless as to allow one of their slaves to burn themselves out.”

A shroud of silence engulfed the two women as they considered the consequences that such misfortune would mean to both of them. Car felt that Liitha did not truly appreciate how adamant she was in this matter, but did not want to force her to agree with Cara’s request. She could use the bond to enforce her decision, but that was not the way she wanted to be. Liitha had to have her own free will, otherwise she would be nothing short of a slave, and that would reap irreparable harm on their relationship.

“For now I think you should think on this Liitha. I know you are tasked on protecting me, but there may come a time when that protection is not enough, and I think you need to consider the alternatives. For now though let us concentrate on more immediate matters. I know you have duties in the Yard’s this morning, but when you have finished please return here, I will have this finished by then and will need your help in determining whether I am on the right path or not, agreed?”

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

ooc diff between stilling and burn out that lii wouldnt know about ;)

Liitha looked to Cara and nodded, her training was important, not to be slacked about less she loose her edge. "Its a venue to be investigated though, could you not get stilled before capture?" She hugged Cara, "I'd not leave you to a horible fait if prevented, I just think your fear is jumping to conclusion, surely there must be some plan that can work to keep you safe, somewhere in that huge libary you brown's maintain. Though hopefully we will never run into any of these people, so its a moot point, even the best of plan only work as far as to the point your in the midle of it."

Lii drew in the scent of Cara, the conversation had been disturbing, it was not pleasant thougths. She reached out for her swords and straped the belt on, giving Cara  a last look before walking for the doors. The next few hours would be spent in hard training, draining her frustration and consern out on strawbags till they were nothing but rags hanging limp in the wind. When she finaly stoped she sank to the ground crossleged, ignoring the snow and just looking into the horison lost. She slowly managed to wrigle the swords back into their sheats, and then scooped up some snow, slowly a ball formed in her hands, the cold stung in her hands and reminded her of reality. In frustration she pulled her arm back and let go the ball with all her force, listening to the blast of it hiting a tree.

Lii looked to the sky, it was time to return, dinner time was aproaching, and she could feel the hunger, while she needed less in emergencies now, she never really stoped her eating habbits and her body was craving meat. She got up and brushed off the worst of the snow, then slowly headed back towards the white tower, the most powerfull place in the world, but not so much anymore, there was treaths out there aparently bigger, and it conserned her. Lii didnt even see how intiates moved out of her path from the frowning stone mask as she climbed the stairs, she instinclty sidesteped out of the path of sisters she met untill she stood outside the apartment doors once again.

Drawing her breath she slowly opened it and steped in, she let the door close behind her as she watched Cara's back, she knew the other could sence her, "How are you progressing?"

Progress had gone very well, or so Cara hoped, the only way to find out if what she had done would have a beneficial effect was to test what she had made.

At the sound of Liitha’s voice Cara turned to face her and brushed her hands on her skirts before giving Liitha a small smile. “Well it seems that you have had an exhausting time, and you smell like you have been rolling around in the straw in the stables.” Frowning slightly, Cara knew she did not have the patience to wait for Liitha to clean her self up so she walked over to the large table and picked up to bracelets of indeterminate colour and turned back to face Liitha.

“If these work as I hope they will then any exhaustion you now feel should drop away instantly. Not only that but the speed of your limbs should be faster, this however will take you some time to learn how to use them without compromising yourself.” Seeing the quizzical look on Liitha’s face Cara continued her explanation.

“The whole purpose of these bracelets is to make you move faster, for longer, than without them. If you place them on your wrists they will help you to move your sword much faster without feeling as drained as you would do normally.” Liitha’s face was suddenly split wide by a grin and she reached out to take the bracelets from Cara. Cara took a step back though, not wanting to release the bracelets just yet, not until she had time to finish with her explanation.

“I do not know what the side effects will be, for you or those around you. They could range from nothing at all, to blinding headaches or blackouts. Although I think I have done this correctly, this is the first time I have ever made anything like this on my own. So please be careful and do not leave these rooms until we are sure about these.” Cara then handed the bracelets to Liitha, one at a time.

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

ooc ok lets try some neusea, dancing spots and illusions

Liitha nodded, she didnt fully understand these things, but if they worked it surely would be an upside, though one to be carefull with, moving to fast could strain muscles if you didnt control your movement. She took the first and snaped it on, a tingle went through her body and then nothing, she stoped and waited. "There was a tingle but its gone now, I guess thats a positive sign so far then." she smiled at Cara and took the other bracelet, puting it on her other wrist.

An odd sensation entered her body, "I dont kno.." sudenly she felt like her stumoc twisted and she had to bend over to vomit, black spots was dancing infront of her eyes. Something was wrong, very wrong was all she could think as she reatched for the bracelet to take it off, but before she could her stumock was turning again and her arms on instincts went to hold to it, she felt like vomiting more but nothing came out, and far in the distance she could hear sounds. Guteral sounds, distorted, she twisted and something was over her, she couldnt quite make out what as her eyes was not seeing clearly. She tried to shake her head, the beeing was reaching out towards her and she got a horible feeling of evil, where was Cara...had it hurt her she tried to seek her bond for an answer, meanwhile her hands instinctly reached for her sword, she used the hilt to hit away the arm of the being.

"noo...Cara.." she was figthing the hardest battle she ever had to reach the flame and void, but as it finaly setled she could shut out the feeling of being sick, her eyes was stil hazy, but she focused on the being as she got to her feet with her sword out infront of her. Cara was somewhere to the front of her, it ment behind the being, but there was no sign of hurt. "Get out Cara I cant see clear, and i feel sick, are there many of them." she tried to look around, why wasnt Cara responding, it was just this beeing and the gutural noises that broke the silence.

Her steps felt woobly as she steped forward thrusting the sword against the being. "HELP", she shouted, hopefully someone else was around, she didnt understand why Cara didnt do anything, it didnt feel like she was hurt, had they incapasitated her, it was hard to make out the bond. It felt like someone was behind her, a sound of something falling over, she ducked and swiped around, nothing there and she turned even as she moved to get her eyes on the being again. She had to find Cara, but moving to fast made her head swim and it was hard to hold on to the void. "Cara?" where was she. "Somebody HELP" Someone had to be around, another Aes Sedai, a warder, someone, or was the whole tower under attack again. She fainted right and attacked towards the left.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The sound of Liitha’s agonising screams broke through Cara’s musing but she was uncertain of what to do. However, after a moment’s thought, that seemed like a life time to Cara, she decided the first course of action was to prevent Liitha from doing any damage to herself as she stumbled around, her ragged voice trying to articulate something, what, Cara was not sure and so decided to ignore her Warder’s words, for now. 

Quickly Cara immobilised Liitha, wrapping her in bounds of air, but this did not stop Liitha’s screams, so Cara fashioned a gag of air and quickly curtailed any more noise. Cara then manoeuvred Liitha to their bed and once Liitha was lying on the bed, Cara noticed that Liitha’s gaze was strangely unfocused, almost as if she could not see who was in front of her.

Cara debated with herself for a few moments as to her next cause of action. It was quite obvious that she had to remove the bracelets, but Cara was afraid this may hurt Liitha even more. However there really was no choice in the matter and so Cara placed her hands over both bracelets, reasoning that it was better to remove them both at the same time.

The next thing Cara knew she was lying on the floor, her head propped up against the wall of her room, and a loud buzzing noise filled her head, as if a thousand wasps had suddenly decided to make their home in her head. The sound grew louder and Cara’s vision started to go black at the edges until finally she could see nothing and her head slumped forward onto her chest, her mouth hanging slack. Across the room from Cara, Liitha lay on the bed still unsure what had happened, her head throbbed with an incessant beat, but at least the majority of the pain had left her and soon she was able to make her way over to where Cara lay.

Cara Sedai

Bonded to Liitha

Brown Ajah

As she found herself imobilised a chill went down her back, no one had touched her, channelers, it was the only option. She tried to shout still for as long as she could till something stoped that too. However now something was over her, and she felt a yank, next thing she knew her vision was improving and the restraints was gone. But at the same time she felt something in error in the bond, Cara was still close and she rolled around landing on her feet as she got on her feet. After quickly looking around she saw Cara, and she didnt even registrer the steps as she closed the distance at the same time looking around to make sure the attackers wasnt around still.

"Cara", her hand on her shoulder, lightly shaking. She had to get help, but didnt want to leave the Aes Sedai, not knowing what would be outside the room. Localising her sword she sheeted it again and picked the Aes Sedai up over her shoulder so she would have a hand free, then made her way towards the door.

Lii

Gaidar

• 1 month later...

The morning sunlight streamed through the window in Cara’s room belying how cold it actually was outside. Looking out of the windows one could see the gleaming rooftops of Tar Valon providing an uplifting sight for anyone fortunate enough to see it. However, for Liitha all it represented was the start of another day, another day where her beloved, and bond holder, would lie in bed comatose to the world outside,

Turning away from the window, Liitha crossed over to the bed where Cara lay and sat down.  Cautiously she reached out for Cara’s hand and lifting it from the bed she gently held it, caressing Cara’s fingers with her own, her gaze never leaving Cara’s face hoping for a sign that her Aes Sedai would waken from the coma she was in.

It had caused some concern among the Aes Sedai treating Cara, as they knew no physical reason as to why Cara would not wake up. In the end, after nearly a week of deliberation, deliberation that nearly drove Liitha mad, it had been their decision to let events happen as they did as they believed they had done everything they could to help Cara. Liitha had insisted that Cara be returned to her rooms from the Infirmary, believing that familiar surroundings might be more beneficial to Cara.

However, the days had tuned into weeks, and the weeks into a month, and still there was no change in Cara’s condition, and this was beginning to seriously worry Liitha and have an effect on her other duties and responsibilities.

A knock at the door woke Liitha from her reverie and she rose from the bed and made her way over to the door, slowly opening it. “Good morning Liitha Gaidin, i am here to sit with Cara while you are about your duties this day.” 

Liitha stepped away from the door and gestured for the Accepted to enter.  Liitha informed the Accepted where she would be this day and made her promise to come and find her, first, if there was the slightest change in Cara’s condition.  Once Liitha was certain the Accepted would do as she wanted she returned to Cara and bending over murmured something, that was only audible to Cara’s ears, before lightly kissing her on the forehead.

Liitha made her way over to the door, the slowness of her steps showing her obvious distaste at having to leave. With one last, lingering look at Cara, Liitha turned and walked out the door, closing it softly. Straightening her shoulders Liitha walked down the corridor, grimly willing herself to face the new day.

Cara Ramsey

Bonded to Liitha

Aes Sedai of the Brown Ajah

• 4 weeks later...

Walking into the yard she drew her lathes, as she had for weeks now when she didnt have anything else to do, to train on the strawdolls. It was a mechanical rehearsal, training for trainings sake, which allowed her to block out everything else. The sound of blade against straw made a rhythm for her as she worked, the sun at her back as her breath formed into frosted fog.

Her foot caught in something under the snow and she fell, one katana went flying forth, the other twisted as her mind wasnt focused and dug into her shoulder. Liitha cursed under her breath, and as she rose she felt that her sweat was now making her cold as it was cooling from the temperature, on top of that the snow had gotten into her boots. She collected her katanas, whiped them off as best she could before sheeting them, and after examening the damage clenched a hand over the gap in her arm, which luckily was clean as it was from only the tip, and such no longer then the width of her hand, but deep enough if not held together as the fall had pressed the blade into the arm.

She tentativly made her way towards the infarmary, while she could let it heal on its own, it wasnt worth it, in that it meant she wouldnt be able to use her arm to train for a while, as that would cause it to break up, so it made sence to get it healed. Her other motive as such was it would give her the ability to talk to someone about Cara again, she knew she wasnt likely to get any new responces, but at least she couldnt be accused of naging them without cause if she was already down there for treatment.

Blood was already runing warm over her fingers by the time she came in, at least it hadnt had time to freeze, the shirt was ruined either way, luckily an old one. She made sure to circumvent any intiates she met, as she had no desire to talk to any of them. Making her way into the infarmary, she looked around to find someone avaliable.