DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Major news from BS on AMOL

Razor

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/656/Done!-(With-something-that...well-I-cant-tell-you-much-about.)

Could it be re Moraine rescue

Or Morgase's return form anonymity

Or Egwene's reuniting th etower

Or the Senchan attack on the tower

or...the list is endless....and I can't stand it!!!!

of course it is a RAFO, LOL.

I'm thinking it's the Seanchan attack on the tower.  Fortunately, I have other new books to listen to.  Saga of Seven Suns Book 7, God Emperor of Dune, Paul of Dune, Inheritance Book III, hopefully others.  Although I would love AMOL to be out sooner I want BS and Harriet to do the best job they can.  What do dead mules in the prologue mean?

I'm thinking it's the Seanchan attack on the tower.  Fortunately, I have other new books to listen to.  Saga of Seven Suns Book 7, God Emperor of Dune, Paul of Dune, Inheritance Book III, hopefully others.  Although I would love AMOL to be out sooner I want BS and Harriet to do the best job they can.  What do dead mules in the prologue mean?

I cant wait either and my bet is that BS wrote Moiranes return. Just a guess. But the dead mules references refers to an interview with RJ about authors in S. Carolina. He says that your not really a southern writer until you have dead mules in your story. heres a link to the interview here on Dragonmount.

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=347

Watch till the last seconds because RJ states that we'll get to see some dead mules in AMOL. hope that was helpful. Enjoy!

Wouldn't it be nice to have a AMOL progress bar on this page that is updated along with that on BS' website? It would save many of us quite a bit of bother.

And create even more work for one of the staff members? I think not.

I have the solution, and if anyone watches southpark they will understand right away. We all go into the colorado mountains and freeze ourselves until it comes out and then when it does we have butters come and thaw us to eliminate the wait.

My bet is that it was Rand's meeting with the Borderlanders and the fight with the Aes Sedai with them--including Bashere and Tenobia's death--and Perrin saving him.

My feeling is that plot points as important as the Seanchan assault on the Tower or Moiraine's return would have been done early by RJ--of all the 'less important' massively important parts the issue with the borderlanders makes sense. Prophecies and buildup from four books rest on it, and a resolution from it will create the basis of Tarmon Gai'don--yet in itself its not directly one of the integral moments.

LOC: AFter Rand tells Mat to go collect Elayne and rescue Egwene from the Salidar AS, Mat says the following to his generals:

When Nalesean entered with Daerid and Talmanes, he greeted them with, "We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her crosswise, or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake." The woman laughed as if he had made the funniesf joke in the world. She did not stop sharpening her knife, though.

I sincerely hope this phrasing of mule has nothing to do with the 'dead mules' that BS mentioned.

Well it can't be Moiraine rescue because Finnland is the only major WOT site that we know next to nothing about.  I'm thinking that's one of the first things RJ would have written after he got his diagnosis, if it wasn't already written.  So I think we can safely rule out Moiraine's rescue.

Rand:  as much as I hate Egwene, unfortunately she is too important to die, even though I wish it were otherwise

Archived