DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Warm Welcome? (attn: Greens)

U4ea

Loraine turned a slow circle around the room, her eyes touching everything hesitantly. It had been a long time since she’d walked out of this room. Fear had kept her away; fear of being found out, of having her life stripped away from her like so many others, and of her children being ripped from her arms and passed on to some stranger. She and Kynwric had avoided contact with anyone touching this Tower since the moment they’d learned of the pregnancy, making only periodic appearances in public since then to keep in touch with contacts within the Tower. When her last contact died last year, they’d been forced to make the journey here.

She bit the inside of her lip cautiously, her gaze falling on a large mirror hanging on the far wall and the woman staring back at her. She didn’t appear all that different than the day she’d left, the Aes Sedai agelessness now making its appearance in the youthful features still gazing at her. Her eyes held the wisdom she’d gained at the point of her sword over the years she’d patrolled the Blight; the bright blue not quite as sparkling as they had been the day she’d signed her name into the Novice books.

She sighed, walking closer to the mirror to adjust the high collar of the silk day gown she’d pulled out of storage last week. This dress would never have lasted with the twins, she thought. Memories of cooking and cleaning brought a slight smile to her lips, something that the Loraine who’d left the Tower so long ago would’ve gasped in horror over.

The changes were very obvious to her, would they be obvious to anyone else? She wrinkled her brow, her eyes focusing on the tiny embroidered details along the collar of her gown a moment before she took a deep breath. What’s done is done and, luckily, her children were too old to be taken from her, now. It didn’t mean she was going to flaunt motherhood, though.

The crease in her brow deepened as the knock on her door sounded through her rooms like a whip crack. She hadn’t recognized anyone she passed in the corridor. Who could be knocking on her door so quickly? She crossed the room and pulled it open slowly, taking a cleansing moment to arrange her face before exposing it to the hall. “Hello?” She asked quietly a breath before the door swung completely open.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: I hope this works for you hun. *hug* If you need anything changed just let me know i'll fix it :) I'm sorry its a bit long it got away from me LOL 

IC: Rasheta was laying in bed wondering what she should do today. Life in the tower was boring if you had no warder and were not a sitter in the hall. Rasheta's two Novices she had been seeing to were now Accepted and were certainly going to different Ajahs then Green and Rasheta was happy for them. It was always such a wonderful feeling to come home.

She sighed and sat up and went to dress for the day maybe she would go and pratice on the training yards she still had much to learn there. She also had met two very interesting young trainees there. She smiled maybe she would run into Gaidan she liked him even though he was from the homeland of the Whitecloaks. That conversation had been very strange for her. In the end however, she had assured him he shouldn't worry about where he came from. The girls who came to the tower would like him anyway.

She was brushing her hair out when she heard a knock on her door. Frowning she stood up and walked to the door, opening it one of the younger Greens said "Rasheta did you hear one of our number has returned?"

Rasheta waited and when nothing else was forthcoming she asked "Well who is it?" The girl answered "her name is Loraine." Rasheta frowned again and nodded sending the sister away so Rasheta could finish with her hair and decide if she should go and speak to this Loraine.

Rasheta didn't know her but Rasheta had only been raised to the shawl some ten years ago and in that time she had spent little time in the tower, until recently and the loss of her warder. She swept her hair up so that some of it hung down her back and the rest was done up in an elaborete bun. She grabbed her shawl and walked from her room intending to meet Loraine and welcome her back. It was the least she could do. With a little help she found the sisters room and knocked. The door opened a little and a voice said "Hello." Then it was pulled open all the way and Rasheta smiled at the woman standing opposite her.

"Hello Loraine, Welcome home sister." She remembered that when she had been welcomed into the Ajah she had been hugged and kissed on both cheeks she thought that was a little much for a returning sister but she did hug her. "May I come in? My name is Rasheta Ardashir, I come from Arad Doman, i'm one of the newer Aes Sedai." She shrugged adding "Well newer is relitave I was raised to the shawl some ten years ago." She paused and added "I think it was ten years now. Time seems to fly by or crawl by for me." She realized she was rambling and asked "May I come in?" Again.

OOC: It worked just fine! :D Hope this isn't too short. It's not quite up to my usual standards...

IC: "Hello Loraine, Welcome home sister. "May I come in? My name is Rasheta Ardashir, I come from Arad Doman, I'm one of the newer Aes Sedai." She shrugged and then added, "Well newer is relitave I was raised to the shawl some ten years ago." She paused and Loraine opened her mouth, stepping back to open the door a little wider. Rasheta continued and Loraine felt her lips twitch into a smile at the talkative woman’s conversation. "I think it was ten years now. Time seems to fly by or crawl by for me.” Loraine felt her head nodding politely a breath before realizing she’d stopped talking again. “May I come in?"

“Of course, please…” Loraine stepped back, freeing the doorway. “Would you care for tea? I only just returned, but I’m pretty sure my teapot is where I left it.” She waved Rasheta to a chair, offering her a place to sit as she pulled open the doors of her sideboard. The silver teapot glittered at her in the shadows as if remonstrating her for her absence. “It’s been quite a while since I was raised to the shawl and I can tell you that most of the time since has quite flown by for me, as well. A few years of patrolling the Blight will make you forget how many years it’s been since you’ve done just about anything. It’s easy to lose your sense of time when you don’t age and the scenery never changes.” She smiled and turned back towards Rasheta, a tray of tea settings and a piping hot pot of water balanced at its center. “Sugar or cream? I’ll have to send for the cream, but that shouldn’t take a moment.”

Kynwric had busied himself as long as he could in putting the horses away, having unsaddled them, brushed them down, blanketed them and put them away. He had even fetched oats and hay on his own, something he almost never did. Finally there was just nothing left to keep him away from the large, looming white building into which his life had walked not too long ago. He could feel her upstairs, the apprehension and fear wafting along the bond. Neither of those emotions surprised him, even after all the time he had spent here the apprehension he felt at being inside the witches White Tower of his childhood filled him with unease. He walked out of the stables and looked up the long length of the tower, took a deep breath and reached down to pick up their bags. Once upright again Kynwric twitched his shoulders to get the fancloak back in place behind him. He trudged his way up the tower to the door to the quarters of the Green Ajah, stopping just outside and straightening himself before entering. Suppressing a smirk as he did so, he would never have thought of that years ago, straightening his clothes so he didn't embarrass Lor, he really had been fresh off the farm when he had arrived here. It was then he stepped into the Green Ajah's private demense, not much had changed since they had left, not that he had expected it to. He took a long glance around and then made the turn which lead to Loraine's private rooms. It didn't take long to reach, and once at the door he could hear voices inside. Well that didn't take very long. he thought to himself as he pushed the door the rest of the way open and admitted himself to the room. He glanced at Rasheta and not recognizing her, nodded to Loraine and continued on into the bedroom. It was there he left the bags and removed his cloak and sword, leaving them laying on the bed. He then returned to the doorway to the sitting room and propped himself on the doorframe, not saying a thing up till now.

“Of course, please…”

Loraine waved her into the room and Rasheta walked furthur in and looked around. She could tell that the room hadn't been lived in for awhile. She didn't say anything however and only smiled when Loraine asked if she wanted tea. Rasheta didn't overly like tea but she would never insult another sister by saying so. She sat down and waited as Loraine moved around the room getting things together for the tea then she spoke and Rasheta felt a sense of loss in herself.

A few years of patrolling the Blight will make you forget how many years it’s been since you’ve done just about anything. It’s easy to lose your sense of time when you don’t age and the scenery never changes.”

Rasheta felt tears form, this sister had just returned from the blight the place she never wanted to see again. She looked away and heard her ask if she wanted suger or cream but Rasheta just shook her head not trusting her voice. She had just gotten herself under control when the door opened and a warder walked in. Rasheta felt even worse then as this woman had returned from the blight with her warder, while Rasheta's lay dead there. She took a deep breath and tried to get herself under control. The warder was staring at them but not speaking and Rasheta ignored him to say softly.

"You have just returned from the Blight?" The wounds were still fresh even though she had been in the tower for awhile now trying to recover herself. "I lost my warder to the Blight, given the choice I would never return there." She sighed she knew someday she would have to go back if for no other reason then to see if she could. She tried to put a smile on her face and said

"I am sorry to darken the mood, how did you enjoy the boarderlands?" She asked laughing remembering the time she spent there. It had been a very different experiance for someone who was new to being allowed to leave the tower.

Loraine watched Kynwric walk through the room and disappear through the doorframe to the bedroom, restraining the urge to shake her head. "You have just returned from the Blight? I lost my warder to the Blight, given the choice I would never return there." She turned her attention back to Rasheta and bit the inside of her lip as she settled in the chair closest to the Green and setting the tray down on the center table. She'd seen many warders dying when they'd been in the Blight and, even if that was much longer ago than just last week, she'd never forget the rush of relief as she sheathed her sword every day, knowing that Kynwric was doing so, as well. She'd held the hands of Aes Sedai as they set flames to their warder's funeral pyres, had cried along with them, knowing the Light had lost a great many sons and daughters who would be greatly missed.

She opened her mouth to express her sympathy, but Rasheta continued, obviously still hurting and not comfortable discussing it with someone she'd only just met. "I am sorry to darken the mood, how did you enjoy the boarderlands?"

Loraine took a breath and pulled the corners of her lips up into a warm smile. If Rasheta could paste a smile on and find humor while her soul still mourns her warder, the least she could do was help. "The Borderlands were a great shock to the good Cairhienin lady who left the Tower so long ago with her fresh green shawl. If my grandfather had lived to see it, he'd have had heart palpitations right in the King's court! Do you know one of the ladies of the court who sheltered us tried to convince Kynwric to let her braid his hair? I'm still not sure which of us was more shocked about that." She smiled at Kyn, tilting her head to the side. "Kynwric, this is Rasheta. Rasheta, this is my warder, Kynwric."

Kynwric nodded to Rasheta, "A pleasure Aes Sedai." He ran his eyes over Rasheta, trying to judge her mettle and eventually settled his eyes back at hers. "As for the blight, it is no place to venture lightly, but it no place to fear either. Respect it and no you are never safe, but do not fear it, for once you fear it the blight will take you. Even if you live to tell the tale." He pushed himself from the door frame and moved to stand behind Loraine. "ANd your Grandfather would have fallen over dead long before he ever got to the story of the blight, with all you've been up to." He had almost pushed the hair braiding story to the back of his mind, but remembered it fully now with the fresh shock he had felt when the particular lady, whom he was certain had ulterior motives, asked to braid his hair. He smiled and tried to relax, something never easy for him to do here.

"The Borderlands were a great shock to the good Cairhienin lady who left the Tower so long ago with her fresh green shawl. If my grandfather had lived to see it, he'd have had heart palpitations right in the King's court!

Rasheta smiled brightly at that. She could well imagine the shock of that. Even she from Arad Doman who had been on trips around the countries with her mother had been surprised at the many customs in the Borderlands. Thankfully she had had her warder to keep her informed of all the customes she had to follow. Loraine spoke again and the story she told caused Rasheta to burst into merry laughter. After Loraine spoke of the hair braiding she introduced her warder to Rasheta. Rasheta smiled at him and nodded in greeting. After he spoke to his Aes Sedai Rasheta said.

"I can understand the surprise of the borderlands. When I first went I had been given the shawl newly. I had bonded Bren a few years before that and thankfully he was from Fal Dara." She paused trying to remember which of the countries in the borderlands Fal Dara was in. "I believe that made him from Shienar." She shook her head "It has been some time since I have left the tower and longer since I left the Green halls." She wasn't sure she would ever fully heal from her loss but Jaydena had high hopes that she would. She realized that the Aes Sedai and warder may wish to settle into there rooms.

"I should take my leave, and allow you to settle back in. It has been a pleasure to meet you." She looked at the tea and added. "We will have to take tea again when you are more settled. You can tell me how you escaped letting one of the ladies braid Kynwric's hair." She laughed and stood moving toward the door. When she got there she turned and added to Kynwric

"It has been a pleasure to meet you as well Kynwric Gaidin. Guard your Aes Sedai well. No one should have to go through the loss of there warder." She nodded again to both Aes Sedai and Gaidin and slipped from the room. She geniuenly liked Loraine and hoped to speak to her again. 

Loraine smiled honestly at Rasheta and stood when her sister did, moving towards the door with her. "It was a great pleasure meeting you, as well, Rasheta. I look forward to repeating the experience very soon. Perhaps we'll try for something other than tea to talk over." She shivered at the emotion Rasheta fought so hard to bury as she cautioned Kynwric, then disappeared through the door. She waited a few moments before closing the door behind her and turned back to Kyn.

"She's a very interesting woman, if young. I'm glad she didn't push me about how long ago we'd been in the Blight. If she's only just returned, she'll start questioning why we never met while there if she focuses on it." She turned back towards the center of the room and sank into her chair again. "If she had known us before we left, she'd have questioned more thoroughly. I don't expect others to let us off as easily. I cannot admit to motherhood, but neither can I lie about it." She sighed and rolled her shoulders, feeling as if there were eyes in the walls. It was a phenomenon she hadn't experienced in many years. She'd have been glad if it had continued its absence. "I know we decided to be fuzzy on the details, but how long can we get away with that, Kynwric? How long can I hide the twins from this? They're old enough to take care of themselves, now, but if anyone knew about them..."

She shuddered again and closed her eyes. She didn't want their sons used as pawns should someone want leverage. The fewer people who knew about them, even as old as they were, the better. But how do you hide twenty years of missing time and leave no hint of the souveniers?

Kyn shook his head. "The twins are old enough to be men full grown, they can make their own choices in life. They've been well warned about what getting involved with this place can mean." He smiled at her and sank down into the recently vacated chair. "Rasheta will learn how to question, just as you have learned how to evade questions. It has been a life long game and will continue to be so. Besides, the blight is a big place... plenty of room for people to not meet." He sighed and looked back at the door. "We can be fuzzy for a long time, and if they press tell them. We were on sabbatical, tending a farm and healing old wounds. None of that is a lie." He rose then, moved to beside her chair and bent over to press a kiss to the crown of her head. "Besides, I fear if they involved our boys here it would be the end of the Tower as we know it."

• 2 weeks later...

Loraine smiled a bit and shook her head, imagining the terrors their kids had been as children set loose in the Warder's Yard. "I fear a broken lathe would be the least of their exploits." She sighed, waving her hand to brush the topic away. She looked around the room again and bit the inside of her lip. "It's been so long since we were here. Everything feels different, except this room. I feel so out of touch and I'm nearly afraid to talk to anyone who isn't Green. I don't know what the situation is around the Tower these days and talking to the wrong colored shawl can have grave consequences. I need to corner someone and find out what's going on, I think."

She curled her hand around Kyn's on her shoulder and looked back at him. "I know you are far from relaxed, love. I wish there were something I could do to help."

Kyn gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll survive, it isn't like I haven't spent time here before. But, you're right, everything is on edge here, even more than before. Even the Warders aren't as open as they usually are. The trainees however are the same as always." Kyn tried to relax himself, a hard task on any day here, even worse with the underlying tensions coming out. "Who else is there to talk to? And is there anyone safe to talk to outside of the Greens, anyone in particular you would trust?"

"I wish I knew. There's bound to be someone around here to can fill in the gaps of what we've missed, but I'll be light-blinded if I know who." She sighed, feeling his tension easing into her annoyance at feeling so out of her element. "I was raised doing this, raised playing this game. Why am I so frustrated at finding myself in the heart of it again?"

She waved her hand and pulled away, picking up the tray and returning it to the sideboard. She'd find a Novice or Accepted to help her clean it up, later. Perhaps that way she could pick out news from the girl's chatter. She doubted seriously whether that much had changed. Novices still chattered excitedly, Accepted still tried to gain an Aes Sedai's ear. That part of the wheel's turnings wouldn't change, at least.

She smiled at Kyn across the room. "So, tell me of your trip to the barracks. Are they infested with eager sheep herders waving around sticks and claiming they're blade masters?"

Kyn ignored the question about the game, he had an idea about why she hated it so much but it was better left unsaid for now.

He laughed, "Not hardly. They're all respectful and eager to learn... one of the volunteered for Basic Fitness today. I don't know what they're putting in the water down there, but they prolly should share some with the Mistress of Novices. Other than that, there's been turnover, but that's to be expected with as much change as has gone on in the Aes Sedai. Oh, and no less than four of them have asked me to teach them forms."

"Basic Fitness? As in running around the city like a loon?" She smiled and shook her head. "I should think you'd best teach them well. We'd hate them to fall over trying Heron in the Rushes, wouldn't we?"

She let her memories steal her thoughts for a second. Memories of the closed off girl she'd been, so full of herself and sure of her slight experience with a sword. She was truly surprised he hadn't laughed her out of the yard the day they'd met. She felt her lip quirk at the corner and looked up to find him watching her again. He'd changed a bit since then, too. He was hardly the green farm boy who'd stalked across the Yard to take a practice lathe out of her hand before she hurt herself. "Did you really think I would hurt myself, Kynwric?"

"Every time you pick up a sword love, but that day I was sure of it. Well, you or her, one." He was looking down at her, thinking back far enoughto know what she was meaning. "As for the trainees, I am afraid the Last Battle may arrive before they are even safe enough to use a hoe, let alone a sword." He moved himself now from behind her to the chair opposite her, sitting down and propping his feet up. "

Loraine laughed and sank into her chair again, tucking her ankles underneath her and resting her arms easily on the arms of the chair. "Moraine could take care of herself, never doubt that." She paused and sighed. That was another avenue she didn't want to traverse right now. She'd find her sister, though. She'd walk through Shayol Ghul herself if she had to. "And I'm sure they said the same thing of us while we were being trained, love. They'll come around, you can be sure of it."

She smiled at his relaxed posture, knowing it was a lie. "What is eating at you, love? You usually don't try this hard..."

• 1 month later...

Jaydena glanced up at the knock on her office door, she was quite surprised for she had put up the weave around her office that showed her Sisters that she was busy. The red color should have been enough to warn them away. Only something very important would make one of the members of her ajah breach that barrier and deal with disappointment in their disregard for the rules and her own feelings. She stood up from her desk and walked over to the large oak door with it's intricate scrollwork and the sword on it that symbalized her rank to anyone who knew what to look for. With a sigh at her interuppted work she pulled the heavy door open and glanced at the Sister standing there. Jasmina visably blanched and then spoke as Jade arched an eyebrow at her and waited, "Jaydena Sedai, I am sorry to disturb you but there is something you would want to know. Loraine has returned from the Borderlands and is in her wuarters as we speak." Jaydena nodded and then spoke, "Thank you very the information, you were right to tell me."

She motioned for the Sister to leave, giving her a one sided smile to show she was not angry and then she shut the door. Jade looked around her office, there were swords hanging from the walls, bookcases full of records from previous ajah heads, as well as the tapestries that showed famous green battle. She hadn't changed much, except for having a desk made for the room that was more to her taste. The cherry wood gleamed as she ran her hand over the carving along the sides.  A symbol of the Aes Sedai was carved in the front and swords adorned all four sides. A mirror hung from one wall, this mirror was much older than she was and stretched from floor to ceiling. In fact it was actually a secret door that led from the room to her quarters. She hadn't wanted to switch quarters when she became ajah head but she had found this door and that had been all it took to make her move.

Jade pulled the switch on the side of the mirror that opened the door and stepped into the space between rooms. She opened the door into her room and picked up her shawl from the coat stand. Once she had it in place she checked her dress and then walked back into her office. A green satin dress with a pleated skirt and white sleeves fell to her ankles. Silver dragons coiled around the waist and hem and green walking slippers flashed from under her feet as she walked. She opened the door to her room and wondered what Loraine would think of the burns to her face or the mask that she wore to cover them. When it had happened, Loraine had been gone in the Borderlands. Reaching up to touch the mask that she had grown so used to, she walked towards Loraine's room and then knocked on the door...

Jaydena Mckanthur

Loraine smiled at Kynwric and shook her head. "You're trying to relax, love. Every muscle, one at a time..." She paused when she heard the knock and wrinkled her brow. Unsure of who it might be, she schooled her features as she crossed the floor and pulled the door open. Her lips were twisted up into a smile as the door opened, revealing a familiar looking woman on the other side. She'd been trained far too well in keeping her features schooled, so her expression didn't change as realization dawned on her. "Jaydena?" She said softly, recognizing the part of the woman's face she could see. It had been quite a long time since they'd met face-to-face, but she'd never heard...

"Please, come in..." She backed away from the doorway, giving the woman who'd helped her so much as an Accepted and new Green room to walk in. What in the name of the Light had happened in the years she'd been gone? "Would you care for some tea?"

Jaydena thought she saw the flicker in Loraine’s eyes for a brief second, it was a look she had become used to, the shock, horror, or pity always varied depending on how well they had known her, and how long they had been gone. She saw Lor smile at her and she returned the smile. It was always hard on her when someone saw the damage that was done to her face and the mask she wore to hide it. "Jaydena,” the woman said softly with a hint of a question in her voice. When Lor had left she had not been Ajah Head and it was obvious the woman didn’t know she was. Well they would get the business out of the way and then Jade would catch up with Lor. "Please, come in,” Loraine said as she stepped back to let her in. Jade nodded and then walked into the room, it looked the same as it had years ago when Lor has left to patrol the borderlands. It had been kept clean by the cleaning staff of the Tower, though there was years of wear on the things she could see. Jade looked around and saw Loraine’s long time warder Kynwric was standing nearby. Loraine had never bonded anyone else and she didn’t think the Sister ever would. She suspected the two were lovers though she tried not to delve into that part of her Sisters lives. The man was alive and she was happy to see it, she herself had lost warders in the Borderlands and she was glad he had survived.  She nodded and the man in respect and then turned back to the Sister. Loraine motioned her to a seat and Jaydena sat down as the other woman spoke, "Would you care for some tea?" Jade nodded her head and waited for Loraine to speak…

Jaydena Mckanthur

Head of the Greens

Sitter of the Greens

Kynwric saw and felt the flicker of shock as she opened the door to Jaydena Sedai and he stilled his face, bracing for whatever shock she had felt. When Jaydena turned her head and nodded at him he saw what had caused the surprise, but nodded in return to Jaydena as she entered. It had been a long time since they had been in the same room and in the intermittent time it appeared Jaydena had been through much. He waved his hand to Loraine to sit and chat, "I'll fix the tea, sit and talk... I know there is much to discuss between you. Jaydena Sedai, cream or sugar?" And he moved to the sideboard to pour tea, fixing Loraine's as he knew she liked it and Jaydena's how she instructed before serving them both as they worked at settling into a conversation.

Loraine smiled at Kyn, nodding and settling on the couch near Jaydena's chair. It was clear she was waiting on Lor to start talking. It was pointless to avoid the conversation, so she didn't. "Much has changed since I left for the borderlands, I see. The halls are less full than when I left, I don't see as many warders in them, either." She paused, looking Jade in the eye as she settled her cup of tea in her lap. "I also see your life has been less than ideal. The person who did this is dead, yes?"

There was a hint of vehemence in her voice, as if they would be if she ever got her hands on them. It wasn't just that Jade was Aes Sedai. Wasn't even that she was Green. No one could ever replace a pair of eyes who'd seen the potential in a silly Accepted from Cairhien, playing the warder's yards and wreaking havoc in the kitchens. Jade's faith in Lor's ability to handle things had been what made her comfortable leaving for the Borderlands in the first place.

• 1 month later...

ooc- Ok I swear I posted this. *sighs* Sorry you two!

Kynwric stood up and waved at Loraine to sit back down, "I'll fix the tea, sit and talk... I know there is much to discuss between you. Jaydena Sedai, cream or sugar?" Jaydena smiled at him and said, "Both please, two scoops of sugar, I like my tea sweet." Laughing softly she turned back to her sister and smiling she waited as Loraine began to speak, "Much has changed since I left for the borderlands, I see. The halls are less full than when I left, I don't see as many warders in them, either." Jaydena nodded quickly, the years had been hard on the Greens, as the shadow grew their sister base shrank. They had lost so many of their warriors in battles and also to the shadow. More than one Green had decided the shadow was more appealing that the Light. Warders were killed protecting their Aes Sedai in nearly every battle it seemed these days. Loraine looked at her mask and then moved to her eyes, "I also see your life has been less than ideal. The person who did this is dead, yes?" Jade winced and glanced down into her tea, trying to regain her composure. When she thought of what had happened to her she could only think of the fact that she would never be strong enough to take down the woman that had done this to her. The pain had been so horrible but then this woman knew much about inflicting pain. The best that could be said is that she had saved her eye when she thought that Jade could be turned to the shadow.

Jaydena took a sip of her tea and then looked at Lor, "Yes much has changed in the years you have been gone, so many of our Sisters have left us, either been killed by the shadow or have just disappeared to never be seen again. We haven't had many of the newer Sisters choosing the Green, I believe that they are scared of death, now that they see the Last Battle is coming in our lifetime and that the Greens will be at the side of the Dragon. Many of us will die in this war and while I hope we will win it is possible that we will perish and the shadow will conquer all." Glancing down into her tea again she continued, "The woman that did this still roams the lands," she motioned to her face and cringed, "Lanfear did this to my face Loraine." She waited for the look of horror she always got, "She tried to turn me to the shadow Lor and she almost beat me, I almost turned to stop the pain and get my face back. I know they are small reasons for choosing the shadow over the Light but we all have our moment of weakness. That's the only excuse I have."

Her hands clenched and unclenched in her skirt, this woman's opinion meant much to her and she had always been an example to her. The fact that she of all people had almost turned was a insult to their very existence within their Tower and the ideals of their ajah. The Battle Ajah did not give up and they did not turn to the shadow, they fought to the end. "A weave was placed on an Angreal that I planned on studying, one that we found at Namandar. Accepted were guarding the storerooms as normal and they were killed by her. I picked the Angreal up and the weave activated, my face was horribly burned, as was my eye. Lanfear gave me back my eye in a hope I would see it as compassion and turn the way she wanted. She also offered me untold power and any lover I wanted." Lor knew her secret just as she knew Loraine's and Loraine had never shared it as far as she knew. "Seia has come back and chosen someone else Lor and my heart broke, I almost took the offer for that alone. Now I am without her, with my face burned, but at least I refused her offer and stayed with the Light. At least I have that to hold onto in the dead of night. We both know I am not strong enough to take her on, I figure this burn is the least of my worries. After I was burned I became the Captain General." Looking down at her cup she waited for Loraine to speak. She felt the stillness of the warder behind her, she knew she could trust Loraine and she knew in turn she could trust her warder...

Jaydena Mckanthur

OOC: it's ok! :D

Loraine fought to control the flinch at the Forsaken's name, but had to admit she wasn't completely successful. She curled her fingers around Jade's and sighed. So much had changed, so much had happened, and she'd missed it all. "I'm sorry I wasn't here for you, Jade. I, too, have suffered at the hands of a Forsaken since I left for the Borderlands, so I can understand the pain of fighting their will. It nearly cost me everything I love, too." She shook her head and sighed. "I can't imagine having your love thrown back at you, though. The pain you must feel weighing you down on top of the strain of running this Ajah..."

She took a breath and set her tea down. "Perhaps gaining this position was neatly timed, though. It can't afford you much time to focus on other things." She looked Jade in the eye, letting a faint smile lift the corners of her lips. "And you did beat her, Jade. You're alive and you know she'd rather you weren't. Be well, knowing that knowledge must be extremely annoying for her."