DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Structured WoT game... I'm thinking about starting one, based on the d20 books

Llewin

• 4 weeks later...

Well... The d20 system is just what the name implies, in that the skills and attacks are basically done according to the role of a twenty sided die, or d20 for short. I believe there are rulebooks out that can be used in a WoT setting, but if not, handling it can be fairly simple.

According to me, the following core classes could be easily used by simply changing the name to something more fitting to WoT, and some other minor modifications.

Aes Sedai, Asha'man, Dreadlords, Wise Ones, Kin, damane and (to a lesser degree) sul'dam - Sorcerers

Soldiers, Warders, Whitecloaks, the Band - Warrior (with optional Weaponsmaster prestige class for Blademasters)

Wolfkin - Ranger, minus the spellcasting.

Aiel - Barbarian. Sorry, but Indomitable Will, the naturally faster movement speed and the combat abilities have them fit this class like a glove.

Gleemen - Bard, minus the arcane spellcasting. With songs though.

Tinkers - Monk (they have this whole Zen thing going).

Spies, Darkfriends - Thief.

Classes that are unusable:

Cleric - There is no divine spellcasting in WoT, just arcane, and without spellcasting this would just be a glorified field medic.

Druid - Wolfkin don't have the spark, and without spellcasting they're too similar to Rangers anyway.

Paladin - Basically a warrior with divine spellcasting. See above.

Wizard - They need to memorise spells beforehand. Aes Sedai do not.

-----

Setting modifications.

- Magic items are considered rare and unavailable to the general populace. Scrolls do not exist, magically embued items (staves, wands etc.) do, and are called ter'angreal. Unless they enhance spellcasting, then they're called angreal or sa'angreal (depending on item strength).

- Nothing advanced either, like Intelligent Weapons and such.

- Only races are Human, Elf (the Finn, NPC race) and Ogier (use Troll entry in the Monster Manual for them)

- Only two Deities available in the pantheon, the Creator and the Dark One, with no spells that can be granted to their followers.

- Dark One's Greater Power: Resurrect - follower by stuffing his soul into another body. Original host is killed.

- Creator's Greater Power: Alter Chance - The odds of something happening are slanted one way or another in his favor. When cast on people, they are called ta'veren.

Lessee... Did i forget anything?

I'm not that familiar with the actual d20 system, though i played in a d20 Modern setting once. I also have some experience in D&D, which helps a great deal in understanding how the system is more or less supposed to work.

Simplified, it's like the OP scores here. You have points which you spend on stats, and some stats cost more points to raise. Going into detail, there are also disadvantages you can take so you get more points to spend, but that's the gist of it. The actual combat stats, HP etc. are all derived from what you spent points in.

• 2 weeks later...