DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

...on a lighter note

Phigazz

Just for kicks…

Is the leader of the white tower named after a chair, or the chair after her?

“Hey that’s the Amyrlin(s) seat, you can’t sit there”

Why is The Band of the Red Hand, a Band and not an Army?

“Mat, we’ve got an army here… (Mat) I’m not a general, we have a Band”

Could someone please explain to the Tinkers about Poison Ivy, the Venus Fly trap, or one of the thousands of plants that are deadly?

Why do the Asha’man follow the old Aes Sedai Banner, while the Aes Sedai still follow the “flame of Tar Valon**”?(** I imagine the flame is the white of the ying/yang banner)

“ Look Taim,  they use the white half, why don’t we use the big black comma?”

Two Rivers diverged in a wood, and Rand, Rand took the one less traveled…… But Frodo beat him to the Ferry.

Long Time lurker.. 1st post!

Why do the Asha’man follow the old Aes Sedai Banner, while the Aes Sedai still follow the “flame of Tar Valon**”?(** I imagine the flame is the white of the ying/yang banner)

Because the black comma is the dragons fang, scrawled on doors to imply darkfriends within. Rnad chooses the ancient Aes Sedai symbol because Aiel prophecy states that he will conqure under it.

Just for kicks…

“Mat, we’ve got an army here… (Mat) I’m not a general, we have a Band”

Could someone please explain to the Tinkers about Poison Ivy, the Venus Fly trap, or one of the thousands of plants that are deadly?

Two Rivers diverged in a wood, and Rand, Rand took the one less traveled…… But Frodo beat him to the Ferry.

Long Time lurker.. 1st post!

all quite funny Phigazz....great 1st post!  ;D

I actually wanted to post this myself!!! I kept thinking of 'Amyrlin Seat' as referring only to the throne in the WT. When the person was called so in the second book I was really confused. ::)

With Elaida, "Amyrlin Freak" is more appropriate.

With Siuan "Amyrlin Fish" sounds logical.

With Egwene "Amyrlin Chick" is perfect.

If by accident, for Elayne, it will be "Amyrlin Flirt".(Universal, meaning no age consideration what-so-ever).

Same with Nynave, in her case "Amyrlin braid", is more to the point.

AND with almost all the Aes sedai, "Amyrlin sniff" will do nicely.

The position is named after the chair. When the WT was first formed they had a council that deliberated and ruled together, with no single figurehead. One AS, Chalandria, saw an opportunity for more power and decided to make a grab for it. She began to bring her own chair, a comfortable plush thing, to the council meetings, thereby setting herself apart. This was the first action she took in her campaign for power, others would not bring their own chair for fear of being labeled copiers or supporters. She make other bold moves and ploys and always managed to stay one step ahead of the others. Both dismayed and bewildered that one amongst them could seem to change from a co-operative part of the council to a bold and competent leader vying for power, the AS began to whisper that Chalandria was not herself, someone else was using her for a grab at power. The only thing they could think of that could mark the change in her behavior was the chair, the chair that Chalandria brought everywhere, as she refused to sit in anything else. When she finally managed to gain enough power that her control could not be contested she proclaimed herself the Amyrlin, Flame of Tar Valon, Keeper of the Seals. Knowing who the true ruler was the AS began to honor the chair or the Amyrlin Seat as it was called henceforth. Over the centuries the story of the Amyrlin Seat became legend, legend faded to myth, and even myth was long forgotten, yet still the AS called the chair and whoever sat in it the Amyrlin Seat. But the AS forgot a great many things, namely where in the hell they put those damn Seals.

That night after the defeat of Couladin, during the soldiers celebration, Mat joined in on a chorus of 'Jak o' the Shadows', while Nalesean pounded away on a set of deer hides stretched taut over empty casks and Talmanes wailed away on an acoustic guitar (he had broken the neck on his electric guitar during the last victory shin-dig, and had not yet had time to fix it). Mat realized they were on to something, and thus was the birth of the Band of the Red Hand.

I did ... and civil war erupted.

'Cause Rand hasn't found a cool enough chair yet.

Which, taking cue from Moiraine, Rand promptly sunk.

Archived