DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand and Illian

Aztain

POSSIBLE SPOILERS IF YOU HAVN'T READ UP TO CoT

Okay well we know that the rightful king of Illian was kidnapped and brought to Tar Valon. So I've been thing well wondering whether Rand will give back the crown of swords and kingship of Illian to him.

any Ideas?

I certainly believe so. I didn;t initially think so but after KOD, where Egwene convinces the King that Rand is not evil and all that it seems that the king has yet a part to play.

I don't think Rand will be the ruler of anything at the end of AMOL so all the various nations will have their own rulers. Dobraine is king of tear and surely the real king of Illian will be restored too, after TG.

If you re-read the end of ACoS, it is pretty evident that Rand would prefer to have given the crown back to Mattin.  Unfortunately Mattin isn't around to have the crown given to him.  Considering Illian's political past of fueding among the council of nine, the assembly, and the king, having one of the nine, be steward unbalances the whole equation.  I think it would take Mattin back with Rand as a kind of high king over all conquered territories to put things back.  That's just my take though.

Rand being a High king? I don't think that will happen. I dont think he'd want that title for one and for another i doubt ANY nation would allow that, not after the war of a hundred years when Artur Hawking, that last high king died.

Archived