DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A letter to a brown trolloc...eh...Aes Sedai [shan]

Liitha

Liitha sat in her room at an inn in Shienar, they had arived some weeks ago and travled a bit. So far there was not much to see, though she expected to get to see more spawn activety in due time. Specialy when she left her travel companions. Though that was a thing she hadnt told the Aes Sedai she had plans for, it was personal, she would find some way to write around her piercing into Malkieri to avoid questions.

Starting with adding the date to the top of the paper she started writing.

To Shanevae Sedai

Here is my first report from the borderlands, so far not much has happened. We have arived safely to Shienar some weeks past and I estimate that I still got some weeks left in company with the others before going of on my own.

This far it hasnt been many ocations to see much activety of spawn, mostly time is spent planing. But as agreed upon I'll report frequently wheter there have been anything to report or not.

Liitha

Liitha read over the letter and nodded to herself, it would do for now. She had a scedule to travel by and such could get letters back on predetermid places from the Aes Sedai. Rolling the note togheter and waxing it she walked into the town searching for the shop she knew held pigeons going to Tar Valon. She fetched 3 of them and attached the note herself before releasing them, now she had done her part untill next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sunlight filtered through the sheer fabric wound loosely around the wrought iron bar framing the massive window of her quarters. The ethereal beams captured minute particles floating through the air that could not be detected by the naked eye. The book lay open across her lap, discarded for the time being as her mind relaxed into a fantastical escape. Sometimes a woman needed a time of fanciful dreams and pleasant memories to making the present doldrums tolerable.

Her brief sojourn was interrupted by a muffled knock upon her door; the knock of a novice most certainly. At this stage of their studies, they were excessively timid around Aes Sedai and knowing the demeanor of most Aes Sedai, Shaneevae could not say that she blamed them. Marking her place in the bound journal, she wove a fine thread of Air and hear the telltale click of the door opening.

“Enter, child.†She spoke softly. It was this type of behavior that had caused rumors to circulate for years that Aes Sedai were all knowing and at times omnipresent. Of course, they were not, but being older than dirt had its advantages, as well a keen interest in the study of human behavior didn’t hurt. So, she wasn't that old, but time had a way of making a person feel that way.

This particular child seemed as awe struck as the next and Shaneevae grinned at the youth in an effort to calm her and perhaps jar her into remembering her reason for being here. “Yes, child?â€

The flaxen haired novice curtsied and quickly handed the Brown Sister a message. Breaking the seal, she read it quickly and indicated for the girl to stay while she wrote a quick message back to Liitha.

Liitha,

Your letter arrived safely and I hope my own missive finds you well. Please keep me updated as I am anxious to hear of shadowspawn activity in that area.

Regards,

Shaneevae Sedai

Dipping her seal into the honey-colored wax, she blew gently on it before handing it back to the child. “Please see that this find the post mistress and is sent as soon as possible.

Shaneevae Sedai

Liitha sadled the mare, she had left her company a week ago and had been scouting. She had seen some old tracks yesterday, today she was breaking campt to ride into a village to report, she had seen some more tracks the other day, those two old. Both where cloven, naming it that there hadnt been a mix of trollocs, but probably one group had made them all.

Fastening the sadlebags she checked that they where properly closed and then mounted. She clicked her tounge and turned the mare about towards the closest village where she knew there would be doves.

---

Handing the reins to the stableboy she tossed the sadlebags over her shoulder and walked inside the inn. She needed a bath and food, as well as a nite of, so she planed to stay for the night. Hirering a room in the loft she walked up and washed down before changing. It was lovely to get a proper soak, to get the dirt of as well the travel dust. Liitha washed her hair carefully before brushing it and braiding it. Then she picked up pen and paper.

To Shanevae Sedai

I been on my own for a week now, twice I seen tracks, though both times they been at least 2 or 3 weeks old. Also both times its been between 5 and 7 individes, and the tracks been cloven.

Liitha

Sealing the letter she walked down and into the village, she searched untill she found the sign marking a tower contact. Again she atached the letter and sent of the dove herself. Then walked back to the inn and ordered hot stew for lunch, as well a glas of cider.

To Shaneevae Sedai

I have been on my own for a week now, twice I seen tracks, though both times they been at least 2 or 3 weeks old. Also both times it’s been between 5 and 7 individuals, and the tracks been cloven.

Liitha

Pulling out her notes, she flipped through the pages until she came to the section dedicated to border and Blight reports. Spreading the worn and traveled parchment upon the table, she placed a heavy stone on its corner holding it in place. Dipping her quill into the inkbottle to the right of her hand, she scribbled the pertinent information down for future reference before turning her attention to the return correspondence she needed to compose to Liitha.

Littha,

Continue as you are. Your information is proving invaluable. Be safe and stay alert as you are going to encounter more of the Dark One’s scourge before your journey home.

Regards,

Shaneevae Sedai

Liitha where riding hard, she had a scedule to reach to send out a letter this evening again. She had finished her tour into Malkieri, though she wasnt about to report just what she had done, it was not part of plans, well the official ones that she had given up anyway.

Ariving in the town she stoped abruptly outside the door of the house containing a familiar sign, she loand pen and paper from the woman who kept the pigeons.

Dear Shanevae Sedai

My infiltrating into Tarwins Gap has litle results to report, some old tracks here and there half wiped out of wind, otherwise it seemed quiet in the route i rode along. I'll be moving on towards the coast in the following months.

Liitha

After sending of the pigeon Liitha went to find an inn to wash off the mud as it had been raining earlier that day.

The tickle in her nose was the first sign, her eyes watering the next. Shaneevae sneezed as quietly as possible in the Tower’s Library. Dust had a way of doing that. Just as she felt the familiar itching begin again; she was interrupted by the presence of a novice at her side. The Brown sister frowned. There was nothing more frustrating than a missed sneeze.

The child simply curtsied, handing her the note and bolted away in fear. Shaneevae grimaced. Evidently her frown had been a frightful one. Shrugging her shoulders, she opened the missive and read it quickly.

Dear Shanevae Sedai

My infiltrating into Tarwins Gap has litle results to report, some old tracks here and there half wiped out of wind, otherwise it seemed quiet in the route i rode along. I'll be moving on towards the coast in the following months.

Liitha

Frowning, Shaneevae found her way to the main desk in search of ink and quill. She was disappointed that more had not turned up in Tarwin’s Gap, but there was still Saldaea.

Littha,

I’m sorry to hear that Tarwin’s Gap did not produce the results we were looking for. I look forward to the time you arrive in Saldaea. I’ll have some explicit instructions for you at that time.

Regards,

Shaneevae Sedai

Liitha opened the letter while awaiting her fish dish, two more weeks and she would be in Saldea more exactly the capitol.

She read through the letter and started writing.

Shanevae Sedai

I'm on scedule and will be ariving in Maradon in about two weeks time where I'll look forward to your instructions. I hope the months here will bring more fruitfull resaults than those past.

-Liitha-

As the maid arived with her dinner she folded the letter and put it aside. Finishing the meal she took the letter with her and walked out finding the local dove keeper and sent the letter to the white tower before heading back to the inn for an ale.

Shanevae Sedai

I'm on scedule and will be ariving in Maradon in about two weeks time where I'll look forward to your instructions. I hope the months here will bring more fruitfull resaults than those past.

-Liitha-

Maradon, just what she had been waiting for. Shaneevae had specific instructions for the Tower Guard in the borders of Saldaea. The Brown needed further information on the tribe in that area. The specimen she had trudged back with years ago did not match up with prior information on Shadowspawn in that area. Either that particular trolloc was an anomaly or something was afoot in the borderlands of Saldaea.

Liitha,

I hope this missive finds you well and settled in Maradon. It is time that I request some specific tasks of you. I hope you are up for the challenge.

I am in need of castes or molds, if you will, of any trolloc tracks you come across. I will need several samples as well. Find a goods store and purchase a few bags of plaster. Mixing this with water, pour it into any tracks you may see. After it hardens, remove it and pack it carefully to return with you to the Tower. I will need several samples from various locations.

You should have no trouble finding the supplies or an abundance of tracks. May the Creator keep you safe and grant you speed.

Shaneevae Sedai

Liitha tugged the reins of the two pack horses she where draging along after her mare. As she entered the yard she saw three training standing chating in a group and called them over, packing their arms with things.

Handing the horses to the stablehands she told them to unpack the rest and put it outside the stabledoor for her to collect.

Taking a load herself she lead the trainees towards the tower. She climbed the stairs up to the brown quarters and lead inside asking instructions for Shanevae Sedai, when finding her room she had the trainees put down the things and instructed them to return back and put her things into her room before they went off on their own again.

After looking at their backs rounding the corner she knocked the door and waited.

Cocking her head, she eyed her reflection in the looking glass. Was that a wrinkle? She was Aes Sedai. Aes Sedai did not wrinkle so what was that crease in her forehead? Her golden brown hair still shined, her smile still brilliant and her blue-green eyes still bright. So, why did she feel so bloody old? Sometimes it was a curse to live so flaming long. Shaneevae now knew why ancient Aes Sedai were so bloody crotchety. Oh she was a hundred years or more from being ancient, but if she were already feeling decrepit how bad would she be in another hundred years?

A firm knock interrupted her thoughts, a welcome reprieve from her morbid thoughts indeed. The knock was familiar, not that she knew the person behind the knock, but that it belonged to a male or female at arms. Their knock was as telling as the knock of a novice. Briefly, she hoped for a male Tower Guard, but even flirting had lost it’s appeal. How she would love to experience firsts again. Everything was so the same that it become unbelievably frustrating at times. It was way past time that this Brown sister found her way out into the world again. Tower life had become suffocating.

Opening the door, she smiled as she recognized the face of the Tower Guard she had been corresponding with the last several months.

“Liitha! It is good to see you and I trust that you are well. Please enter.â€

Making small talk the Tower Guard hauled in box after box of samples, specimens and anything else she had thought Shaneevae could find useful and useful she did. In her excitement, Shaneevae plopped down in the floor and began sorting through the treasures Liitha had brought back. Molds, bones and numerous other things spread across the floor. The Brown sister looked up and smiled, “You have done well, Liitha.â€

Following the Aes Sedai in Liitha watched as she started to look through the speciments she had brougth for the brown Aes Sedai.

Lastly she picked up a letter packet going forth to hand it over. "Reports collected from difrent defence towers as requested, some up to a year old or more." She Aes Sedai could get more out of this than she did, it was usefull but some of it old news. Who knew what Aes Sedai could figure out.

"Its been a pleasure, if there is nothing more i'll excuse myself to go have a bath and a meal"