DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wandering through Insanity (Alyria and Twyle

Christine

Oryle

DM Member

Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:20 am Post subject: Wandering through Insanity (Attn Alyria)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twyle’s head was spinning ever more slightly more than usual. She stepped out into the hall and felt her feet stutter. She hadn’t realized how tired she was. Maybe it was from all the reading. Maybe it was from all her worry. But she didn’t like it. Voices were not just clattering, but arguing excessively.

We cannot stay here! There is too much at stake. Life! Sanity! No it is not safe here. We must leave!

It was a debate she had been having since she had arrived. Usually someone would just whisper something about promises and she would be fine. Not tonight though. The voices were insistent on making their point. A valid one at that. How long could any one in her condition be safe? It was only a matter of time before a Witch took real interest and tried to heal her with Black magic.

FOOLS! This is the safest place for us. We were sent here to get control. We have gotten better since we came here. We MUST trust!

Control? Yes she was sure that’s what she was gaining. And it wasn’t a control over Black Magic. It was a control over herself. She had been able to hear her own thoughts. She had touched sanity. Even now as the voices argued she could remember that moment of clarity. She started to search for it.

Trust? You cannot trust a Witch!

Yes that’s what she had been calling them for weeks. Witches. She didn’t doubt it though. They were, even if that meant she was. She couldn’t help but wonder every time one of them asked her to do something if it were something evil. She didn’t like to think that maybe she were a Darkfriend without knowing.

Stop calling them that! We are as they are. To call them Witch is to name ourselves.

Perhaps she was a witch. She was a user of Black Magic, insane at that.

We only speak the truth!

Twyle gripped her heart, not her head. Her heart was pulsing quickly, she wasn’t sure if it was painful. She was sinking away from reality. Hiding like she always did when these episodes began.

We’ve looked at the books! We’ve studied the cases!

She had been studying the cases of sisters who had been stilled. She had yet to let the matter go. Fear had been with her ever since she had heard of stilling. A novice as unstable as she was, she thought stilling was just around the corner.

They will still us!

No they won’t fools! Look at the cases! We are safe from it! They have no cause, barely even reason to believe that we are unstable.

She thought, no matter how wrong she was, that she had been hiding her insanity quite well. Except for maybe a slip up here or there she was relatively sure that most of the Aes Sedai didn’t know about the voices.

Hypocrite! We are not safe! Never, always watching always there, Darkfriends!

Twyle stumbled through the halls. Trying her best to ignore the physical pain she was experiencing, trying desperately to separate herself from her thoughts. She had lost pieces of herself to the insanity before. She didn’t want that now. Not now that she was starting to piece herself back together.

She was trying to make her mind still, quiet down. She didn’t know where she was, or care where she was going. Her hand opened the door before she could stop it. She found herself standing in front of an Accepted. Thoughts still clattering about she felt suddenly faint staring at the girl.

Twyle

Child of the Light (at heart)

"I like to pretend I can hear the audience. It drowns out the voices telling me to kill."

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC - I hope you like what I write. If you want me to be a harsh with Twyle or even down right mean, let me know and I will edit it here and there. I thought you might like to have someone to talk to in the tower other than yourself *chuckles*.

IC -

Alyria was in a rather odd mood today. She was happy but at the same time, very much sad. She had learned that she would be starting her weapons training today with Raisa, leaving her feeling a little apprehensive about what to expect, yet excited. At the same time, she was feeling very home sick and lonely. ' I wonder how mother is doing? ' She still had not managed to make any friends here at the tower, aside from the man she had met many months ago in the training yards.

She sat down on the edge of her bed, rereading over the essay she had written for her class with Tiassale Sedai on the Green Ajah. A smile lit up Alyria's face as she thought of her aspirations to the Ajah itself. She desperatly wanted to be a part of the "Battle Ajah" as it was called. She wanted to fight against the Shadow, on the front line. She started to hum softly to herself as she gathered her dresses for the laundry. 'No sense in wasting time. I might as well go wash my garments while I am waiting for my training to start.' Alyria mumbled softly to herself.

She headed to the door, arms full of clothing as the door suddenly swung open. It caught Alyria a bit off gaurd and she dropped the armful of clothing, embracing Saidar in the process.

She noticed a young woman, trying to look older than she really was, standing in the doorway. She was wearing Novice white: her dark hair was pulled tightly into a bun. She looked as though she could be attractive, if her hair was let down and she didn't look so...tired. Alyria immediately released her hold on the one power, reddening when she realized she was holding it. Before she realized what she was doing, she began to speak.

"My goodness dear, you frightened the light out of me. I am so sorry for grasping the Power at your arrival, I don't know what has gotten into me. I admit I feel a bit jumpy today." Alyria watched the girl, not sure what she was thinking or even how to read her expression. She looked so tired and irritated all at once. Alyria knew that she should have scolded the girl for barging into her room like that, but she remembered how she felt as a novice and didn't want to make anyone else feel that way.

Putting a bright smile on her face, Alyria continued talking, trying to get the young girl in front of her to respond. "Are you new to the tower child? I do not believe I have seen you before. My name is Alyria Al' Vire, I am from Mayene. You appear to be a bit lost and you look like you have nothing to do. Come with me please and you can help me with my washing while we become aquainted."

Alyria bent down and gathered her items back up into her arms, handing some of them to the young girl to carry. "Do you have a name I can call you dear? Has anyone shown you around the Tower? You can become lost quite easily here if you do not know your way around." Alyria headed toward the wash room, making sure the young girl was coming along.

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentee to Tiassale Morobin

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Oryle

DM Member

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:47 am Post subject:

OOC: Wonderful dear. Just wonderful. I'm so nervous about all these posts though. so scared I'm not doing it right. But I'm getting over it. So here goes.... yes enjoy...

IC:

Twyle held herself upright and tried to listen to what the girl was mumbling... She couldn't make much of it out. Her mind was trying to scramble her to pieces. Her heart was racing. And she was trying to stay on her feet.

She didn't realize that the girl had thrown a pile of laundry into her arms. She felt compelled however, drawn almost to follow this girl. She carried her mind into pieces of sanity. She pressed her mind to listen, pushing back the voices as far as she could. Do you have a name I can call you dear? Has anyone shown you around the Tower? You can become lost quite easily here if you do not know your way around.

Lost? Of course we're lost. Why else would you stumble into someone's room? She didn't want to puzzle the question. She just wanted to keep her feet moving. She wanted to keep a grip on her sanity.

She cleared her eyes, and tried to actually she the girl she was following. Twyle thought her pretty, attractive. She nearly mumbled the word, sweet, but stopped herself. It was then she realized that she was carrying laundry, for she had wanted to reach out and touch the girl's lovely cheeks. Twyle shook herself and tried to get grounded, but the girl's long wavy hair kept trying to pull her into the past.

"My name is Twyle," she stuttered over the word. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to barge in on you... I..." Twyle didn't know what to say, how to explain it. 'I was lost,' just didn't seem to sum up the way she had stuttered over her feet into an Accepted quarters. Twyle wanted to trust her. The girl reminded her of one she had trusted once. She wanted to tell her the truth or some portion of it.

Trust no one! voices hissed. She's not our promise. She's not safe. Be careful, always careful.

Twyle smiled at her foolishness. It was foolishness of course. Even if this girl wasn't a Darkfriend she was an Accepted, a servant to the Witches. And she wanted and was trying to be a Witch herself. Twyle shook her head and looked lightly around the laundry to make sure she didn't trip.

"I was distracted," she mumbled, it was true, somewhat. "I haven't seen much of the Tower. I guess I let my feet carry me away." She let out a soft giggle. She hung her head then, realzing how stupid she was being. "Truly I am sorry."

She was. She didn't want to plead forgiveness, but for the first time she felt like she didn't have to. The girl hadn't scolded her. The girl had not talked down to her. She smiled and looked over at the girl.

Even if the voices could drive out this memory, she was glad to have stumbled into this girl, even if it meant more chores for her dry hands.

Twyle

"I like to pretend I can hear the audience. It drowns out the voices telling me to kill."

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:42 pm Post subject:

OOC - your posting is wonderful dear, don't sweat it! You are doing it right and I find them very intruiging....let the creating juices flow and have fun with it!

IC -

"My name is Twyle," the young woman stuttered. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to barge in on you... I..I was lost. I was distracted," Twyle mumbled. "I haven't seen much of the Tower. I guess I let my feet carry me away." She let out a small giggle and then hung her head as if she was shamed. "Truly I am sorry."

Alyria stopped walking and turned to look at the girl. Loosing one hand from the pile of clothing, she lightly put her fingers under the girls chin and made her raise her head. "There is no shame in getting lost Twyle, nor in admitting that you were. I must say, if it had been another Accepted, or even an Aes Sedai you had burst in upon, you would be in much trouble." Alyria had firmed her voice a bit on that last pat to emphasize the point. " We must get you acclimated to the Tower, Child, so you will not have to worry about being in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Alyria started to walk again, staying silent until they reached the wash room. She led Twyle over to the sinks and laid down her garments, motioning for Twyle to do the same. "I am assuming you know how to do laundry dear? Seeing Twyle nod, Alyria continued to speak. "We need to make sure the Accepted dresses are as clean as can be, no spots or discoloration. One of the main aspects of being an Aes Sedai is to have respect of self and appearance. Your dresses are spotless, so this should not be a hard task for you. I will wash my undergarments and you can do the dresses. If we get done quickly, maybe I can take you on a tour of the Tower." Seeing the girl nod, she turned and started to fill her sink with water.

Alyria started working on some of her shifts, glancing at the girl from under the corner of her eye. She kept waiting for the girl to speak, to hear her offer something up for conversation. Finally, Alyria could not stand the silence anymore and turned to the girl. "So, tell me a bit about yourself Twyle. Where are you from? Are you happy to be here? Why do you want to be and Aes Sedai?"

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentor to Taei Mirel

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get to use to beat you with!" Jayne Cobb, Firefly

Oryle

DM Member

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:26 pm Post subject:

OOC: Gah I am so sorry I haven't replied sooner. I just finished a midterm and I have another. sorry. But here it is...

IC:

Twyle thought maybe she could just stand and do the laundry. She didn't want to start talking, she didn't want to start revealing pieces of herself. They are not to be trusted. And no matter how she tried to convince herself differently she knew it was true.

Then the girl spoke up from the silence, shattering Twyle out of herself back into the world. So, tell me a bit about yourself Twyle. Where are you from? Are you happy to be here? Why do you want to be and Aes Sedai? Twyle sniffed at the thought of the truth.

Where to begin? voices mocked. Do you tell her that you don't remember where you were born? Should you tell her that you were raised by the Children? Would she understand if you told her you want to destroy all her kind?

Twyle shook her head and looked at the girl. "I... I don't know where I am from. My..." she tossed over words and phrases, "My family died when I was very young." Yes and you watch it every night. Dream it. Fear it. She shook her head again and tried to throw back the voices. "I..."

She looked at the girl. She wasn't sure how to continue. If to continue. She smiled trying to let the girl know it was alright. That she had faced it, that she had lived it. She was still here. She tried to make her voice seem lighter as she continued.

Lie Fool. Before she runs off and tells the Mistress! Before she warns the others! the voices were begging her, pleading her. They didn't like to be revealed. They were secret, or at least thought they were. Speaking from experience, no they couldn't trust anyone. Lying will make us as bad as them! Truth, some truth at least. It was a whisper, Tywle tried to listen. She barely heard it as it echoed away.

She nodded her head. "I don't know exactly how to explain," she began looking now back at the laundry and not the Accepted. "But I did not come here as a choice. But I cannot leave." She stuttered for a moment. She wondered what else to say. "I have been told that I do not know what is to Aes Sedai." She didn't want to know. She could have said that but she left the words hanging in the air. "Still I am here." She let out a soft laugh and looked back up at the girl. "Maybe that's all that matters."

Innocence will not help you! She will destroy you! Even if she does not mean to she will! It is their way. Witches. Just like us... Witches... the deceived Darkfriends.

She went back to the laundry and hoped the silence would hold. Hoped beyond hope she wouldn't have to more, reveal more.

Twyle

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:33 am Post subject:

OOC - No big deal about the posting hon! I remember how hectic school can be.

IC -

"I... I don't know where I am from. My...My family died when I was very young." Twyle spoke, looking into Alyria's eyes. She wanted to tell the girl about her past as well, trying to figure out why she felt so drawn to this girl. Alyria listened in silence, letting Twyle give as much information as she wanted.

Twyle's eyes turned back to her washing as she continued to speak. "I don't know exactly how to explain, But I did not come here as a choice. But I cannot leave. I have been told that I do not know what is to Aes Sedai. Still I am here. Maybe that's all that matters."

Alyria felt her eyes open a bit wider. 'She did not come here by choice but she cannot leave?' The girl had an odd quality about her, one that Alyria found intruiging yet confusing. Yet, she seemed so lost in this world, so full of innocence. Alyria finished washing her last shift and turned to look at Twyle.

"I do not understand why you did not come here by choice, nor why you would want to leave. Being accepted into the tower to learn, is one of the most rewarding things I have ever experienced. I am sure that everyone has their own feelings about this place," Alyria sighed, looking around at the room they were in,"But the advantages to being here are amazing." Alyria looked at Twyle, trying to gauge her thoughts.

"I must admit, I did not come her freely either, yet nothing in my life has ever come freely. My father ran off on my mother and I when I was very young. The loss of him, slowly ate away at my mother until she also died. I was left alone, on the streets of Mayene, at the young age of 10." Alyria gave a hard swallow as she thought of her home and her mother. Her eyes dropped to the ground. She had since forgotten things about her, like how she smelled, how she sounded when she talked. She blinked back tears and straightened her posture as she looked up from the ground. "I was taken in by a wonderful woman, who raised me until I was sent here to be tested. Thank the light for her, or else I would still be on the street, assuming I had managed to live this long." Alyria gave a weak smile to Twyle.

"As far as what it means to be and Aes Sedai, it means different things to different people. For me, it means being part of a greater plan, standing next to the Dragon Reborn, fighting for the greater good: helping to defend the Light from the darkness and destruction that the Shadow will try to rain down upon us all." Alyria took a breathe, feeling the conviction of her words deep within her soul. Her voice softened as she looked at Twyle," It means being part of a large, wonderful family like you have never known."

Alyria turned and looked at her Accepted dresses that were drip drying. She almost whispered her next words, feeling her voice thick with emotion. "One of the most proud moments in my life was receiving the honor of wearing the Accepted dresses. I imagine it will be the same when I am raised to Aes Sedai. The thought of being able to help one another, to have a purpose in life..." Alyria's voice trailed off, leaving them once again in silence.

A few moments passed before she noticed Twyle was still watching her. Alyria looked over at the remaining dresses needing to be washed on the table. She reached past Twyle, her arm lightly brushing the girls in passing, and grabbed one of the remaining dresses on the table. "We should finish up these dresses, that way I can take you on a tour of the tower. Tell me, Twyle, who is your mentor and have you taken any classes yet?"

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentor to Taei Mirel

Oryle

DM Member

Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:44 am Post subject:

Twyle listened to the girl speak with resentment in her heart. She was trapped here no matter what they told her. Trapped with nowhere to go, no home left but the Darkness of this Tower.

We should finish up these dresses, that way I can take you on a tour of the tower. Tell me, Twyle, who is your mentor and have you taken any classes yet?

Twyle sniffed at this. Prided Aes Sedai, thinking that they had all the power. Christine was arrogant, everything about her made Twyle fill with disrespect. Christine Sedai is no more Darkfriend then we are. voices rumbled to her defence. That doesn't make her anymore intellegent than she is naive. others mocked in reply.

Twyle let a smile creep onto her face. "Christine Sedai is my mentor. We've had many..." she paused and searched her mind for a word that was more fitting. "... lessons together. I doubt they have gone as she expected." Twyle was mainly speaking to herself, an inner joke. She looked up suddenly and realized who she was talking to. "She tells me I am stuck in my ways. Says that I need to remember things instead of wandering around."

She doesn't know of us. She can't even think of what we are. If she did she would choose her words more carefully.

Twyle let a small frown take over her smile. She hated trying to guess, trying to think who knew and who didn't. She wanted control, she had felt control. What was she to do now? Spend her whole life guessing.

"I've been trying to work on remembering," she grumbled on. "But I've always had trouble keeping thoughts in my head."

She tried to play it as if she were a nit-wit. Not worth the time. As much as Twyle wanted to make a friend, to have someone to talk to, to remember what it was like to have someone to turn to, the stronger part of her was trying to leap away. She didn't know the consequences of anything. It was all to unpredictable.

Better off alone. Better of with us.

That was what changed her path. She knew she didn't want this. She didn't want to keep wandering around in this cloud of voices. She wanted her own life, control.

"Does everyone come here against their will? Are we all people in search of family?" She let her eyes fall directly onto the girls. "Does becoming Aes Sedai mean..." she paused. "Does it mean finding your way?"

She wasn't sure if she wanted it to mean that. She had taken steps towards becoming Aes Sedai, now all she had to do was not be afraid to keep moving.

Twyle

Alyria

DM Member

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:22 pm Post subject:

"Christine Sedai is my mentor. We've had many lessons together. I doubt they have gone as she expected. She tells me I am stuck in my ways. Says that I need to remember things instead of wandering around." Twyle's smile turned into a frown. "I've been trying to work on remembering but I've always had trouble keeping thoughts in my head."

Alyria smiled at her, watched her intently as Twyle appeared to be lost in thought. She stood there in silence, watching different emotions cross over Twyle's face until she suddenly looked directly into Alyria's eyes.

"Does everyone come here against their will? Are we all people in search of family? Does becoming Aes Sedai mean..." she paused. "Does it mean finding your way?" Alyria's eyes opened wide at Twyle's words. She smiled at the girl, trying to figure out where to start.

"I think everyone comes here of their own accord dear, whether or not it seems so at the time. In some way, deep inside, you know this is where you need to come. It may not seem that way now, especially when you are missing your family and feeling all alone, but trust me, in time, you will know." She smiled at the girl, tapping her lips lightly before continuing.

" When I came her Twyle, I was lost too. Let me rephrase that; I thought I knew who I was and what I was about, but I was honestly lost. My parents had been taken from me at such a young age, and the woman that took me in, raised me to the best of her abilities. In all honesty, my family was gone the day my birth mother died. I looked at the woman who took me in as a mother as well, but she was not truly what I needed. I needed a sense of belonging... a sense of being." Alyria sighed at the thought of her parents. "Coming here has been a blessing in disguise. Not only have I found out who I truly am, I have found a family like no other. I have been able to fight off all the demons of my past life, the anger and hatred that I held deep inside me. So to answer your questions, yes, becoming an Aes Sedai means something different to everybody, but to me it meant family and finding my way."

She watched Twyle for a moment, uncertain what she saw cross the girls face. She felt her brow furrow in worry a bit, smoothing away the worry faster than it came. She turned back to the dresses seeing they were all clean and drying. Looking around, she noticed all of the clothing was washed. She smiled and turned back toward Twyle. "How would you like that tour of the tower now? I can show you where everything is so maybe you can do less wandering?" Alyria smiled widely, hopefully getting across her light joke.

Alyria Al'Vire

Mentor to Taei Mirel

Oryle

DM Member

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:13 pm Post subject:

How would you like that tour of the tower now? I can show you where everything is so maybe you can do less wandering?

Twyle smiled. FOOL! She's one of them! Darkfriend... Witch... Do not trust her!!! Twyle tried to get control over the voices that were screaming. She felt waves rush over her, and she tried desperately to get her own will through to her motions.

"That is very kind of you," Twyle said trying to twist words with all her effort. She grappled with her mind and tried to control her actions. YOU will ruin us! She nodded, that was enough for now. "I would like that very much."

Twyle felt a need to say more but she couldn't think of what to say. This woman had revealed so much to her. Twyle could barely remember all her history, she was only just following the path back to herself. They started to walk together, Twyle trying to keep pace.

"I am learning a lot here," Twyle stumbled like a fool. "I just don't think my view of the Tower is going to change. At least not completely. I know I've spent my life blind, but I don't think all my lessons have been wrong. There needs to be justice and law in the Tower... not just Aes Sedai acting as they would upon the rest of the world."

Twyle looked at Alyria and realized she had said too much out of turn. "I'm sorry," she muttered like a fool. TRYING TO BE LIKE THEM!! voices hissed. Twyle straightened herself out. "I... umm....we shoud..." Twyle didn't know what to say. She looked down at her feet nervously. WHORING YOURSELF TO THE WITCHES!!! She looked back up quickly. "Right..." Twyle let the silence settle a moment. "Where should we go first?"

Twyle

• 1 month later...

"I am learning a lot here," Twyle stuttered. "I just don't think my view of the Tower is going to change. At least not completely. I know I've spent my life blind, but I don't think all my lessons have been wrong. There needs to be justice and law in the Tower... not just Aes Sedai acting as they would upon the rest of the world."

Alyria sucked in a sharp breath at the Child's words. She knew Twyle had said more than she had wanted to, but the thought that she actually felt that way was a tad bit frightening. She did not say a word to the girl, she was digging herself a hole she would not be able to climb out of with most Aes Sedai. She made a note to talk to her about it after the tour.

Twyle tried to apologize for her words, stammering and turning red. Alyria gave the girl a look that was compassionate yet hard. "You do not need to apologize for your thoughts or feelings Twyle, just remember that there are others here who would not be so kind after hearing your thoughts on the tower. As far as justice and law go in the tower, we do have plenty. We do not act as they would upon the rest of the world, there are laws and rules we must follow. Imagine it if you will, as a prince. A prince is born to power, and with that power comes specific obligation. We have the same obligations to our world as a prince does to his people, yet we were not born to the power. We were blessed by the light to have the power to help others when they cannot help themselves. We do not do as we want, Child, we help within the boundaries of the laws and rules set forth by the tower. You will learn more about them as you take your classes. Maybe even then, you will find that we do not just "do whatever". Does that make sense to you?"

Alyria smiled at the girl before taking her on a tour of the tower. They walked slowly so Twyle would remember where they were and where they had been. Alyria walked her all over the tower, showing her every little thing. They arrived back at the novice quarters, stopping at the end of the hallway. "I hope you have become a bit more familiar with the Tower now Twyle. If there is anything I can do for you, or you just need to talk, you are welcome to come to my quarters anytime, day or night. I have enjoyed talking with you Twyle. I think you will make a great Aes Sedai one day, if you just accept the fact that you are now one of us."

Alyria Al'Vire

• 1 month later...

Twyle walked with the girl. Listening to the words, logically. Trust was too much. She is witch! She does not understand what we have meant! She shook her head and tried to concentrate on those words. Spoken softly gently. Still she could not help but think there was some kind of twist to them.

She looked around. WHITE TOWER! WITCHES TOWER! Voices were hissing and laughing. She held her step and tried to steady her heart. Perhaps she had thought to swiftly, yes she did that too much. She said things where she should not. Did things where she should not. Her mentor would have her head... because she was supposed to be... She didn't know where.

She stared at the walls as they passed them. She did not know any of them. She looked over at Alyria and saw her smile. How well does the girl hold the Aes Sedai mask? Can we ever trust? voices were sighing. And she nearly sighed herself.

She was not sure if she had made a foe or a friend. She knew she had said too mcuh, knew she would have been doing chores for the rest of her life had she been with a sister. They all have their plots. She has her reasons for treating us this well. Twyle shivered as the girl spoke.

I hope you have become a bit more familiar with the Tower now Twyle. If there is anything I can do for you, or you just need to talk, you are welcome to come to my quarters anytime, day or night. I have enjoyed talking with you Twyle. I think you will make a great Aes Sedai one day, if you just accept the fact that you are now one of us.

Yes she had definitely said too much. She shook herself, knowing a dismissal when she heard one. Still the girl had offered so much. She did not want to have to ponder at why. She just wanted to trust. Trust no one. It was not said as a warning more as a painful reality.

She bowed deeply. "Thank you. You have done more for me than you know." She looked up at the girls eyes. "If I should ever need your council I shall gladly seek it." She bowed again and rose watching the girl leave softly. She wanted to shout out to her, then again another part of her wanted to lash out at her. Yes, she had said too much. She was being torn in two directions.