DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Question about Fedwin Morr's Death in Book 9: A Path of Daggers

fredprinz

Why did Rand decide to let Fedwin Morr drink from the cup and let him die? Did Fedwin go crazy because of the taint? I don't have any idea as to why Rand decided to kill Fedwin Morr. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The blast that sent them all down the corridor was the cause - Morr most likely got a nasty blow to the head, and as head trauma can often go, it damaged his brain and gave him a regressed mental age. Rand sent him to guard Min in the basements (unaware of his injury), and Min had to stop him from pulling the bricks out of the wall one by one to 'build a big castle to keep her safe in'.

However, he hadnt lost the ability or the knowledge of how to channel, and it would have been far too dangerous to allow him to live. Can you imagine a 5 year old with a 5 year old's view of the world having control of all that power? The most humane thing Rand could do was to allow Morr to die in a gentle way - by drinking from the cup - rather than killing himself and others out of his newfound innocence when channeling.

Guest The Thin Inn Keeper

I don't have any idea as to why Rand decided to kill Fedwin Morr.Thank you!

I'm certain he was mad because of the taint and Rand killed him the way he did out of compassion for another male channeler.

Yes, but he regressed from an adolescent to a child in a matter of five minutes. It wasn't an over-time procedure. He appeared quite sane, before that. Not completely sane, but then again, few Asha'man, Rand included, appear completely sane.

Well how long do you think Rand took to stalk around the palace a bit, and get down to the kitchens? Ten, fifteen minutes? Half an hour? One, two hours? Either way, it's quite clear, by Min's observation and hinted at by Lews Therin's comment, that the fall was very abrupt.

Well how long do you think Rand took to stalk around the palace a bit, and get down to the kitchens? Ten, fifteen minutes? Half an hour? One, two hours? Either way, it's quite clear, by Min's observation and hinted at by Lews Therin's comment, that the fall was very abrupt.

I know, i was just saying that he wasn't completely sane one hour and completely mentally deficient the next. There were signs that he was going mad.

Archived