spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

A question I'm sitting on for a couple of days now.

Suppose you switch the bible and the Wheel of Time. People can be fundamentaly christian today (creationism etc.), would you be fundamentaly randian (or matian or whatever) if they were switched and all other factors (churches, ...) stayed the same?

For myself, I don't know. I hope I'm not so stupid as to take it literally, but I'm not sure. The WoT world seems much more believable to me than the bible-world.

Also, if you're not christian, replace all "bible"s with "quran" or "thora" or whatever.

If this gets too deep into discussion, it should probably be moved to D&D. But I see it more as a poll, and why you think so, not truly a discussion.

Suppose you switch the bible and the Wheel of Time. People can be fundamentaly christian today (creationism etc.), would you be fundamentaly randian (or matian or whatever) if they were switched and all other factors (churches, ...) stayed the same?

When you read fiction your supposed to "suspend reality" and try to read as if it were factual. Thus you have to accept not only the "facts" but the concepts in the book. You bread the story and sus pend disbelief so that you accept that not only Rand (the Dragon) has been reincarnated numerous times but that there is such a thing as Saiden. You do not believe that the "facts" or concepts are an allegory but that they are as they are written. Thus we read fiction as a fundamentalist reads the bilbe. It would make no sense for instance to believe that the "last Battle" was a myth or only believe it as allegory. 

That being said there are major problems in using WOT as a bible the most glaring is that while everyone believes in the Creator and the DO their is no "rejion" in the work.

Archived