DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello Everyone

Jimmith

Guest Egwene

I tried it once... not sure if you can still see the imprint of my body on the ground... My niece (aged 7 at the time) went from parents house to grandparents house on a unicycle.. about 5km!!

Brings me back to skiing.... Never follow five year olds down the slopes... You can bet they go down the worst black run in the entire resort!!

There is a lesson to learned from this. Skies and unicycles are evil, and if they ever were to join forces we would be doomed.

Downhill unicycling on a thightrope in midwinter would be the number one cause of death in mere hours.

Skies and unicycles....

Is that where you do huge jumps on a unicycle and fly through the sky?

<smacks himself>

Sorry.... I shouldn't tease non-native-english-speakers...

(I believe you meant skis ;) Skies are when you have more than one sky!)

Guest Egwene

lol... I have to admit to doing a spell check on the word first in my post... couldn't remember if it was skis or skies :D

never gone skiing in my life...don't intend...i don't see the fun of hurtling down a hill on 2 slims pieces of wood/whatever material skis are made from with the use of 2 poles to help you...not my idea of fun!

Guest Egwene

You'd love it, Corki!!! I had a crash course (literally) when I went skiing the first time. Husband as teacher meant start on a Blue in the morning, finish on a red in the evening and finish on a black on the second day... having divorced about twenty time over the course of those 48 hours!!!

But I absolutely love it. Tried snowboarding too, though fell rather badly on my knees and I think that is probably the reason for the occassional trouble I have with them. Would strongly recommend knee/ellbow protection if you try boarding...

If you ever fancy trying... go to the Snowdome at Milton Keynes. But go early in the morning when you don't have to queue for the skilifts forever. (And try the windtunnel too while you are there :D )

Guest Egwene

:lol: what can I say, mate... sounds like rugby is pretty safe after all... I mean, only broken the collarbone twice... hardly worth mentioning... lol :wink:

Guest Egwene

Rugby = throwing yourself around a muddy field until it's impossible to tell what team you belong to...

Skiing = gliding down a snow covered mountain with beautiful scenery allround and the sun shining in a blue sky above you.... :D

Actually, I have played on very few muddy fields...it is just a huge common misconception when it comes to rugby.

Rugby = a team game where everyone counts

Skiing = Madness, as there are easier ways to go down a hill than on sticks and helped by poles

Guest Egwene

Rugby = a game where you can't count people because it's just one big heap of arms and legs... hmm... I suppose I could count those and devide by four.. :D

Ski = definately the best way to get down a snow covered hill... ever tried walking through something that makes you dissapear up to you waist?

Archived