DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Why hasn't Rand hooked back up with Perrin and Mat

Kaznen

Okay, Perrin and Mat have figured out that when they think of one of the other Te'veren they see what (or who) that guy is doing AT THAT MOMENT.

Now, to be honest, Rand is the smartest of the three so it stands to reason he figured this out also.

So Rand thinks of Mat and sees him riding through some woods. Why doesn't Rand just open up a gateway to the woods he just saw Mat riding in? Same with Perrin.

With traveling you don't need to know much about where you're going, just where you're coming from. So while Rand complains about Mat and Perrin being absent why doesn't he go for a visit to see what they're up to?

Going there may not be difficult for Rand - but getting back again would take that he stayed on the spot for (how long?) time. And he doesn't know where Mat/Perrin is, what they are doing and who they have with them...

Going there may not be difficult for Rand - but getting back again would take that he stayed on the spot for (how long?) time. And he doesn't know where Mat/Perrin is' date=' what they are doing and who they have with them...[/quote']

He doesn't need to know exactly where they are. Just a general idea. He gated into Mat's room at an inn, there wasn't anyway he could have been there.

And as for waiting to open another gateway...There is skimming and what the one AS said to Eliada, about traveling to a place let's someone know it enough to travel from.

Rand will probably do just that in the beginning of book 12. He has seen Mat with Tuon in one of those "color visions" and now, since he has seen Semi disguised as that same girl, he has probably figured out that Mat is with the Daughter of the Nine Moons (was with, now, but Rand doesn't know that)

rand' date=' mat and perrin dont need to be together now, they will be together befor TG though, the pattern demands it

patience padawans[/quote']

I think they do need to be together now. That is why they see what the other is doing when they think of him. I think the pattern is saying, "GET BACK TOGETHER STUPIDS!"

Guest Majsju
it will probably be dramatic when they meet up again. if the colors and images come with just thinking about each other now' date=' what will it be like when they are physically together?[/quote']

Actually, I don't think there will be any colours or images swirling around when they get together. Those seems to be a manifestation of their need to get together, once they're together, the need is no longer there.

it will probably be dramatic when they meet up again. if the colors and images come with just thinking about each other now' date=' what will it be like when they are physically together?[/quote']

Actually, I don't think there will be any colours or images swirling around when they get together. Those seems to be a manifestation of their need to get together, once they're together, the need is no longer there.

I like what you're saying and I'd like to subscribe to your magazine.

Rand hasn't seen Mat since... book 5? That's a long time to keep main characters away from one another.

"Mat, good to see you. How is the south?"

"Bloody ashes, Rand! What happened to your hand! By the way, I am now King of Seanchan! Don't worry about them!"

"What?"

Perrin and Rand:

"Perrin, good to see you. Loial has gotten himself married!"

"Golly gee wilikers, Rand! Wow, what happened to your hand? By the way, Ghealdan is straightened up, I have Elayne's mom - she's alive, by the way - Galina is gone, and black ajah, and all the wolves will be with you at the last battle!"

"What?"

Or how about this:

Galad and Rand:

"Galad.... sit down. I see you are now the Lord Captain Commander. Good, just don't tell your Whitecloaks that you are my brother!"

"What?"

But seriously folks .. how are they going to get together? I can't come up with a reasonable scenario that gets Perin & friends back to Rand. Any ideas? Does he go off somewhere else? Caemlyn? The Two Rivers? I agree the colours are a wake up call but they all seem to be ignoring them!

Even if my suggestion of Rand thinking of one of them and opening a gateway doesn't work there is another way to find Perrin.

With Perrin is Jur Grady who has a wife at the BT, Sora. Rand could use her to find Perrin. Get a sense of direction, Travel, and repeat until there riding into Perrin's encampment.

ahh yes,the colours are increasing

well, perhaps that does signify a need, actually it amolst certainly sygnifies a need for them to be together. i guess that this will happen thus...

perrin will run into galad

galad will recognise step-mummy

they will take her back to andor...

elaynes huge outpouring of love at seeing mummy alive will draw rand

(during this time mat will have gone to rescue moiraine)

perrin and rand in the same place will intensify the colours for mat, and moirs persistant questions will make him think of them all the time. he will figure out where they are and take her to them

tahhdahh

this will be in about 200pages

any corrections/additions?

somehow I can't see RJ being that straight forward but only he knows how it will go .. the rest of use just have some fun second guessing!

other complications will be the seanchan (Rand is still trying to set up a truce) & perin has some contacts there. so does mat. does this give us a possible story line?

It is mentioned that people like Rand can project their dreams onto others. Also we know some channelers can talk to each other in dreams while still partially awake. I wonder if the colors Mat and Perrin see are because Rand is using spirit to contact them (without necessarily knowing it). Things happen for Rand without him trying... weaves form that he doesn't know, etc.

Channelers can't talk to each other in dreams - only dreamwalkers can and you don't have to channel to be a dream walker.

I think it's a ta'veren thing ... something trying to pull them together because they need to be together to do whatever it is they have to do. Rememebr Min's viewing of the dark swallowing up the points of light and how the dark is growing when the three are separated and how it was holding it's own (or more so) when the three were together. So they NEED to hook up again.

Yes, Perin is to take Masema to Rand but he (Perin) doesn't know where Rand is! Perin needs to re-focus, find where Rand is and get there.

Archived