DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New Ressurection Theory

avacraft

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this yet but what if Rand dies, then the DO puts him in a new body thinking that Rand will be under the DO's control but Rand instead breaks free of the DO's control and then defeats him in his new healthy body???  Just a random idea.

Not very likely. Not even the recycled forsaken seems to be anymore controlled by the DO than they used to be, except for Cyndane, and that is due to external means. Rand would still have his old personality intact, and that Cyndane is mindtrapped is quite a good indication that the DO can not do anything about that.

if rand was somehow turned then the cycle of his LTTs ressurection would come to an end therefore he would cease to be a risk to the DO, i think that notion would justify the original posts idea, i seem to remember it mentioned in the book that the DO would prefer to have him turned than killed and i think that is the reason for this...

although i do agree that this is unlikely

If the DO could snatch up Rand's soul after him dying, wouldn't Rand have been targeted by now? I don't think the DO has access to everyone's souls. Just those that are sworn to him.

He had access to Karin's didn't he? Robert Jordan said that the Dark One couldn't access certain people at certain places, i think.

If the DO could snatch up Rand's soul after him dying, wouldn't Rand have been targeted by now? I don't think the DO has access to everyone's souls. Just those that are sworn to him.
He had access to Karin's didn't he? Robert Jordan said that the Dark One couldn't access certain people at certain places, i think.
To both the things you said, my response is did he? Kari could have been an illusion, and I would like to see that RJ quote, if it exists.

Archived