DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Song of Ice and Fire

goldeneys

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is part of the intrigue. It's one of the main reasons why I enjoy it so much. I know Im not alone in this. It's nice to see a fantasy series directed at an adult audience.

Take away the sex and its still one of the best series out there. IMO it is numero uno. Cant wait until aDwD.

Yeah, that's the other thing he does. Ned's not the only main character who's going to die in this series. And Ned really HAD to die so that his children could actually do something. There's no story without his death.

yeah, I suppose you're right, but I just always like the ppl like Ned and like Perrin, who hate all the intruge (or however you say that) and stuff of the court.

ummmm I just saw a spoiler, (no wonder) I was looking on wikipedia about Eddard, and it said that he was imprisoned and then executed, I thought that what's his name's dagger killed him.

The fact that any of his characters can die at any time keeps you on edge. I think their are 2 characters who are untouchable as far as killing off but if I named them it might spoil some things for those who havent read up to the 4th installment.

The fact that any of his characters can die at any time keeps you on edge. I think their are 2 characters who are untouchable as far as killing off but if I named them it might spoil some things for those who havent read up to the 4th installment.

I'm not sure if anyone is untouchable in his world. And I like that; it's refreshing. On the one hand' date=' it's enjoyable with RJ that you know, for the most part, that the good guys will come out on top. Nothing wrong with that at all. But with GRRM, you don't know [i']at all[/i]. Anyone can be killed off or anything can happen. I can't tell you how many times I had to pause reading simply from shock. Most crucially, a certain espousal comes to mind... Wow.

It gets frustrating when people you like are suddenly snipped out, but it definantly doesn't let you get lazy. Simply a masterpiece.

• 2 weeks later...

Like me who is only just finishing A Clash of Kings.

But, I would say that it is Tyrion and Jon.

Guest Cadsuane

Cheeky, I'm sure in a few years you will appreciate the sexual content a little more... :wink:

But yes, it is definitely an adult series, unlike most of the fantasy that I've come across. I rather like the change, it makes for more interesting reading the second time around. The less involved books can only be fun once or twice, but this one will be enjoyable many times.

You eventually get used to the idea that mains are going to be killed off, and then it stops being a disturbance, and becomes part of the intrigue! You never know who's going to go next.

Archived