DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

siuan sanche

haman

Which of Rand's women has the most flawed character?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Rand's women has the most flawed character?

• Elayne
    • Aviendha
    • Min

is it only me, or should siuan be fully restored in the power? she is in my opinion the coolest of the AS, and i did't like it when she was restored to the weakest of them. what do u guys think about this?

i think this is something RJ should think about when he is writing the next book.

Guest Majsju

I can't really see that happening. Even though we have learned that what everyone believes impossible sometimes is possible in RJ's world, I think that for a man to heal her, she would first have to be stilled again, and that healing would only restore her to the strength Nynaeve managed.

no i don't think sow, in the book is says that in order to be fully restored, a woman have to heal a man or a man have to heal a woman. it does not say that for a woman to be fully restored only a man can heal u. i think that it's sort of like when u break somethink u can allways fix it half way, for later fixing it all the way.

this is something that needs to happend, siuan need to be among the strongest.

I don't know that I'd want to see her fully restored because she's grown as a character without her strength in the one power. She's had to find alternative means to accomplish her goals and not just be able to bully people into doing things because of her position and strength. Her interllect and die hard spirit have got her into and out of scrapes that if it had been anyone else stilled they'd probably have curled up and died.

It could also be interesting to see her fully restored and where she would fit into and what role she would take. But we'll have to wait and see what RJ's got installed for her.

i dont think so, her power now is her brain, her experience and her relative 'unimportance'.

she is very effective where she is, especially with people believing her still bound to the oaths. i know that restoring her to full power would not restore them, but it would move her up in the proverbial food chain and that would minimise her infulence.

she is almost a servant, and servants see everything, know everything...

Her power level yes. Her former seat no.

i agree with u.

she should be raised to her former lvl. i agree that she has grown i character, but she did't bully people with the power before, she bullyed them with her stron character and as a amyrlin.

she should atleast get her hands on a very strong sa'angreal :) and maybe have a good old showdown with alaida :lol:

Guest Majsju

I don't see it as a necessary thing to do. Siuan's strength was never the strength in power, it was her strength as a person, and that has only grown stronger. Giving her the old level back would in a (somewhat weird but still) diminish the growth she's gone through as a person after her stilling.

And then there's the little sadist in me...I think RJ is way to nice to his characters. Rand is basically the only one who's gotten somekind of serious wound, the others more or less go with the flow, scrub a knee once in a while and that is that. So it's a bit refreshing to have Siuan and Leane adding to the list of those who get to suffer at least a bit. It makes it more realistic.

RJ is very nice to his characters, isnt he.

it comes as almost a shock when i read series where the love interest is decapitated and one of the main characters may or may not loose a foot to gangrene...and you know that the author might just do it too....

very unsetteling

Guest Egwene

I like authors that are nice to the characters that I like. Ok.. the odd little mishap... but I definately don't want to loose any of my favourites!!

I voted 'no'. Not so much that it should not, but that it will not. There is also the small matter of her relationship with Gareth... would it survive her getting her full strenght back?

I thought there was somewhere in the books something to the effect that once healed that was it... there was no reversing it. That maybe even if she was stilled again (which I assume must be possible) she could only be healed to her present level....?!

I like Suian, so I would love to see her get her strenght in the Power back. But I also think that it's good with some bad things, so I voted no.

And as Eggy pointed out, what would happen to her relationship with Gareth? For their sake, she shouldn't get her strengt back.

One of the reasons I liked A Song of Fire and Ice, so much is that I got tired of Jordan's over sensitivity with never harming his characters, for example with George Martin, Nynaeve would be long dead, Elayne betrayed and killed, Egwene probably still alive, Perrin suffer some affliction, Min would probably be unharmed, Cadsuane killed. Avhienda killed. You get the drift, a bit more realistic, seeing the dangerous situations they love to enter.

i think this is something RJ should think about when he is writing the next book.

I don't want RJ reading this forum or others like it and pandering to the whims of his audience. I would like to see it done, and I believe that RJ has already made the decision.

I don't want RJ reading this forum or others like it and pandering to the whims of his audience. I would like to see it done' date=' and I believe that RJ has already made the decision.[/quote']

yea i agree that RJ should't write to pleace his audience, what i meant was that i hoped this was something he was thinking about.

to the people that liked to see characters get hurt; yea sure some of them need to pay the prize, but can't he kill some of the others instead, and leave siuan healty.

I hardly think what Martin is doing with his characters is so much better and more realistic than what Jordan is doing with his.

ASoIaF SPOILER below

He kills his main characters by the dozen, and then has them magically brought back to life. Realistic, eh? And absolutely so very much better than what RJ does.

Archived