DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Well, hello

Ad

My original intentions were to skip the introductory stage and go straight on to the many discussions on these boards, but I figured that'd be a bit too rash, so I decided I would at least post this little introductory thread. Yet, in the unlikely case anyone would ever want to know more about me: all you need to do is ask.

Oh, and one more thing. Please excuse my bad English. I'm Dutch, you see.

Hey Ad, welcome to Dragonmount. I've been around for about 2 months, and I haven't posted an introduction thread, I might now, but everyone knows me.

No problem about the language, there are people from many nationalities here, and we understand.

By the way, if you want to have a great time, check out the Band of the Red Hand orginizaton.

Also, I have got a couple questions for you. How old are you? And when did you start reading WoT (Wheel of Time)?

I'm 15, and I started about 9 months ago. I finished about 2 months ago.

Guest Egwene

Hi Ad.. great to see someone from the Netherlands. I don't think you're the only dutch member here.

As Goldie was saying... don't worry about the language barrier... and anyway, all the dutch people I have met speak better english than some people that are born in England. If you introductory post is anything to go by... I think you are just being modest!!! :wink:

Hope you'll vote in the polls on the book discussion boards and if you like fun, come and join us on Fiddlesticks 8)

As Goldie was saying... don't worry about the language barrier... and anyway' date=' all the dutch people I have met speak better english than some people that are born in England. If you introductory post is anything to go by... I think you are just being modest!!! :wink: [/quote']

To which I say:

True, I know the grammar and the words, but yet I know not how to speak them.'

'Indeed,' I said, 'you speak excellently.'

'Not so,' he answered. 'Well I know that, did I move and speak in your London, none there are who would not know me for a stranger. That is not enough for me.

Hola, and welcome to DM Ad. Why did you pick that name?

Dont ask me where i got mine i have no clue.^_^

So Dutch huh. Cool. U.S.A myself. I dont seem to see that many here though. Mainly British or English. Or maybe thats just what i see.

Nice to meet you though. 16 huh? Same here. Thats cool. 16 is a very good age. Can go driving now. How old do you have to be to drive in the Neverlands?

Guest Egwene

Quote:

True, I know the grammar and the words, but yet I know not how to speak them.'

'Indeed,' I said, 'you speak excellently.'

'Not so,' he answered. 'Well I know that, did I move and speak in your London, none there are who would not know me for a stranger. That is not enough for me.

Ad, where did that come from? It sounds very familiar..... is it from a recent film??

"Why did you pick that name?"

Because it is my name. It's the colloquial form of the Latin "Adrianus", which is my Christan name.

"How old do you have to be to drive in the Neverlands?"

We have to be 18 years old.

"Ad, where did that come from? It sounds very familiar..... is it from a recent film??"

It's from Dracula.

Guest Egwene

Adrian in english...

Don't think I ever read/watched Dracula... must have heard it somewhere else...

Hello one and all,

I was reading on these "introduction threads" and i figured i'd add my 3 cents. i may have commented on some of your guys's, and gals's artwork so you may have realized i'm a bit of a jerk at times, but i'm just really freakin picky about WoT.

I've been a huge fan ever since i started reading three years. I've now read the series three times and am on my four time thru...I've only read two series in those three years. The Wheel of Time series, of course, and the Halo book series...

i'm a fanatic with The WoT books and a fanatic about the Halo game series... I live off of them.

just wanted to say hi *huge wave to everyone*

Archived