DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A nursemaid? A Tower Guard Nursemaid? This should be fun.

Christine

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:31 pm Post subject: A nursemaid? A Tower Guard Nursemaid? This should be fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gasping for air, Christine sat up, her chest heaving. The blankets fell from around her, and she realised she was naked in bed. Whatever room this was, it was better than the one she had had as an accepted. And those were not yellow herbs over the doorway, but a green ajah battle sword. She was in her new room.

Her stuff was around the room... but she didn’t have much. The few dresses she had brought with her were hung up, as were her training clothes. Her sword was in the corner, and she was alone. Trying to get out of bed, she realised she was too tired to move. Looking down, a scar was just above her left breast, where she had tried to kill herself. Everything came back to her then.

She had tried to kill herself, because she wasn’t really a green sister, She had been denied entry into the ajah she had always wanted. And now, she was all alone.

Sitting back down, she layed there. She had no idea when someone would be around, and when she would be found to be awake... but more than likely, Sirayn... or, the Captain General, would know. If only someone would come to her... why wasn’t she dead?

The door opened, and Christine looked, awaiting the worst.

ooc: screw long posts... im not in the mood for it

Christine Segretto~Sister of the Green Ajah~WS2

Deniera l'Spada~Trainee WS4

Carsane Evera, High Seat of House Sadma

How much odder can life get?

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:35 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comming out of Sirayn Sedai's office Corwin was still frustrated. He shouldn't have to be watching after a Green Sister, it was a chore for an Accepted or Novice. As he went down the hall he saw two old rooms that brougt back memories. Eleanor and Calliste's old rooms. Both long gone now...but calliste because of Eleanor. He didn't have any proof that would stand to anyone, but finding the necklace that he knew Calliste never off ripped away...he knew only Eleanor would do that...only she knew the significans of it.

Walking into the room, Corwin found the woman awake. Looking at the woman he didn't know what to say. So he waited. Sirayn Sedai told him enough that he wasn't scared of her lashing out with the Power.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:42 pm Post subject:

A man walked into the room, and Christine's eyes bulged. From the look of his weapon and the way he carried himself, he had to be a tower guard. Pulling the covers up around her, she grabbed onto the power, ready to protect herself. This man had no right to be in her room.

"Who are you, and what are you doing here? Take one step closer, and I will toss you out this window." She knew she couldnt though. Just holding onto the power was too much effort... she must have been out for a while. "How long have I been asleep?"

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:49 pm Post subject:

Corwin doubled over laughing. Then went serious to give an effect. Since he had lost Elle, there seemed to be a danger most people felt when he was gravely serious now. "You are a weak kitten. Don't make threats you can't go through with, it brushes too close to your oath of not lying." Waiting a moment to make sure she knew he wasn't scared of here, even taking a few steps, Corwin added "I was sent to see you healed properly. It seems Sirayn Sedai feels a former Warder would be better then a Novice or Accepted. And you have been out of it for a few days." With that Corwin left to get her some food.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:45 pm Post subject:

Christine sat in bed, shocked. What in the light? Why would Sirayn Sedai first heal her from the dead, and then send her a man, of all things, to watch over her. Even worse, that blasted woman would know it was torture for Christine to see a man, and not be able to have him... but she was an Aes Sedai now...

Shaking her head, she waited there until he returned. A former warder? He must have done something light-awful bad to be unbonded... but Sirayn had a bad enough temper, she wasnt surprised they had been unbonded. But if this man was fool enough to bond her in the first place... and then end up a nursemaid... light, was she in for a treat.

He reappeared, and she thanked him. "What is your name, anyways? And how did you end up as my nursemaid?"

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:50 pm Post subject:

"I am Corwin. I don't know why Sirayn wanted me in here, but she does. Ask her why I was chosen." Taking the food over to her Corwin sat it down. "Now can you eat or do I need to feed you?" Corwin didn't like his duty, but it was his duty nontheless.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:57 pm Post subject:

In shock, she looked at him. "I will not be treated like a child." Looking at the food, her stomach ached and rumbled. Her hand feebly reached forward, and she clumbsily took the fork and attempted to pick at the rice on her plate. After a few attempts, she leaned forward, trying to eat some. In the end, she just set the fork down and stared at it.

He was watching her, and she sighed. "Havent you seen someone week and ill before?" she asked, depising the man. He glanced away, and she just stared at the food, too weak to feed herself. "I am not a child, whether or not I can feed myself."

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:24 pm Post subject:

Corwin looked away to hide his laugh. The woman was full of pride like every Aes Sedai, especially the Greens. "Pride will be your downfall." With that Corwin turned away and meditated in the corner. Until she would ask his help she could starve.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:35 pm Post subject:

Her mouth dropped open in shock. He was supposed to take care of her, yet he wouldnt even help her eat. What a man! They were only good in a bed... other than, they might as well be slaves, because they had no bloody heart! Couldnt he see she was pained enough already? No wonder he was unbonded...

Sucking up her pride, she called out his name. "Corwin?" he turned and looked at her, and she looked away. "Do you think you could help me?" He walked toward her, and she spoke again. "Could you help me eat?"

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:58 pm Post subject:

"Well atleast you aren't too stuborn to know when you need to swollow your pride. If your not willing to admit when you need help you'll only get yourself killed...remember that." Corwin then started to help her eat. Perhaps she wasn't completely hopeless.

One reason he hated being bonded was too many secrets Aes Sedai kept....secrets that only get someone killed. If the women weren't so damned stuborn maybe he could tollerate them.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:04 am Post subject:

Struggeling to eat, Christine got a few bites of food down before she started feeling sick. She didnt think her stomach would handle any more food. Shaking her head, she reached her hand out to take the glass of water. He held the glass as she tried to hold it herself, then took a sip before coughing and almost dropping the glass. If he hadnt been holding it, she would have dropped it. Light! she was hopeless.

Laying back, she closed her eyes. "Im sorry... I didnt think I was this weak." Only her many years as an accepted allowed her to give an apology... she was used to noting authority, and at this moment, she was kind of in his hands.

Opening her eyes, she smiled at him. "Tell me about yourself. If you are going to be taking care of me, I might as well know something about you."

Corwin

DM Member

Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:26 pm Post subject:

Corwin started at the girl. She wanted to know about him? That was a privledge not afforded to many. It took a while before Corwin thought of something he wished to tell her. And that while was spent in silance. "I am a blademaster. One that very little in known about in the Yard because I live in the woods." He didn't know how much he trusted this girl. She had obviously messed up really bad to have not been sent to the Yellows. Whatever caused her to deserve this punishment made her a fool.

Christine Sedai

DM Member

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:24 pm Post subject:

Christine nodded her head, and sat back, her body a little worn out. Closing her eyes for a moment, she felt the tray of food lifted off her, and she opened her eyes again. Smiling, she opened her eyes at him.

"So, Corwin, Bladesmaster, tell me, what am I doing here, and when will i be let go? Or am i supposed to wait and wonder?"

• 4 weeks later...

Christine almost jumped out of the bed. He couldnt go... what would she do? There was no way she would sleep anymore, and this man had caught her attention... and she was an Aes Sedai now, so there was no way he would disobey her.

She shut and locked the door with the power, and he turned back at her. "Please dont go," she whispered. "Stay here and talk, or just stay here... anything! Just dont leave me alone!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...