DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Editing errors in hardcover editions

muskokan

I've just recently started reading the wheel of time and got my hands on three hard cover copies of the books which now that I look at them seem to be first edition.

There are some MAJOR editing erros in these books? I've never really read first edition books before so is this a common thing in first editions or is it just that I've somehow come across really bad versions. I'm currently reading winter's heart and the errors are really getting to me.

For example there was a paragraph where Suroth was referred to as Saroth and what I just read that made me want to find a forum and ask was a quote from page 562 mat saying "... Do you think you supply could those?" when asking Egeanin if she could get sul'dam..

Thanks all.. I am actually hoping to come around here and have some time to read some posts I am really enjoying the wheel of time books.

Glad to hear you're enjoying them. I myself actually went out of my way to get all of the books in first edition. Typos and editing errors are rampent in the series, but that's natural considering the size of the books. It takes a lot to edit a book, especially this size, and they just miss some, or a lot. Most of those have actually been changed in later editions.

RJ has actually said in his blog that if you find an error, he'd like to know where it is and what edition the book is you're reading. Most likely the error has already been caught, but it's still nice to know.

Archived